AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Consulate of Mexico in Philadelphia has contacted the family of a 5-year-old Bridgeton girl who went missing here on Sept. 16 but is not participating in the investigation, Acting Consul Rocio Vazquez said on Wednesday.

Vazquez said the girl’s mother and grandmother were interviewed by phone several days after Dulce Maria Alavez was reported missing. Bridgeton has a large population of Mexicans and the consulate maintains contacts in the community.

“The grandparents, from what we understand, are Mexican,” Vazquez told The Daily Journal. “However, the mother and the little girl both were born here in the United States. They have the right to Mexican citizenship, but they have not registered.”

“We have followed but we can’t do any action,” the consul said. “We can’t intervene if the person does not request our assistance, either. And the mother and the grandmother have really not requested any help.”

Vazquez said the grandparents are from the state of Oaxaca in Mexico. “There’s a lot of people from Oaxaca in Bridgeton,” she said.

Vazquez said the girl’s father has not contacted her government and they do not know his name. Local authorities believe him to be in Mexico.

"Any information regarding offers of reward have been and will continue to be referred to the Bridgeton Police Department," she said. "Upon offer, said rewards must be verified. Chief Michael Gaimari will affirmatively alert you if additional rewards are verified."

https://www.thedailyjournal.com/story/news/2019/09/25/nj-bridgeton-dulce-maria-alavez-rocio-vazquez-mexico-consul-missing-child-investigation/2441336001/

Last edited:
Why would he ask after disappearance? Who is he going to be having custody of if she is missing? And if it's a stranger abduction, her chances of being alive aren't good.
Well I don’t know, somehow it got in my head, he saw her missing picture! Can’t imagine how I confused that happening on this thread! But wait! Let’s talk about the red van! Humor! We need it!

I'd say it's pretty ideal given the situation. Maybe she felt that the safest place for her children were with her parents while she worked on herself and tried to get clean and put her chemical dependencies behind her. It's definitely a more ideal situation than a single mother with drug issues who has no options other than living on the street with young children.
Or worse, has her children taken and put into state care, and sometimes never retaining custody.

Or worse, has her children taken and put into state care, and sometimes never retaining custody.
Exactly. Being only 14, she obviously wouldn't have been able to raise the child herself. And even as of now, she reportedly doesn't work or go to school. So if parents didn't take on custody, a possible outcome would have been children taken into foster care.

Thanks Ocean! That study is my favorite "go to" report for information as the majority of cases in it were actually solved so what's included comes from facts.

I do remember reading a short "update" report that talked about some changes between the 1997 report and the 2006 report. Interestingly one is an increase in the use of *advertiser censored*. I would very much like to see what has changed between 2006 and today now that social media has become a constant presence in many people's lifestyle.
The entire report as a PDF. It's worth reading.

Also while I'm here, a reminder to those just joining Dulce's thread - regarding the video from the convenience store where Dulce got ice cream, we're not allowed to discuss anyone other than Dulce and her family. That may change but for now anyone else in the store is off limits.

Thank you too.

It helps me stay focused, and by knowing the keyword in Dulce's case is ABDUCTION or KIDNAPPED.

Sadly even after 2006 when this last one was completed we have followed many more heartbreaking cases since then with the same circumstances, and what may be the same results here if she is ever found at all :(

Imo, it is also logical.. based on even from following other cases where a parent, both or involved the bio mom, and live in who did abuse, and murdered their own babies/children.

The vast majority in all of those the horrific prolonged abuses, and murders were done within their own homes.

It's only then they pretend their abused child, oops, felldown, and had an accident which thank God is discovered to be nothing, but lies trying to cover their own worthless lives themselves.

Unfortunately for so many of society's children they are abused, willfully grossly neglected, and murdered behind their walls that should be the safest place for all children. Home.

They don't pretend the child has been abducted very often. The 14% of parents etc. who do usually didnt have any custodial rights to have them anyway, and will kill them out of spite whether it's their mom or dad. Most all of the time they are arrested quickly.

I did read that kiddie *advertiser censored* has long been a top seller being bought worldwide by millions of both genders.:(

It makes me sick, and to know we are one of the top countries in the world when it comes to human sex trafficking now shows these POSs always will go where the most demand is, just like all the drug traffickers who are killing 70K of our people last year from overdoses.

Sigh, I'm so worried for all of our children now, and for their safety.

Jmhoo

AMBER ALERT: Officials remain hopeful missing NJ girl Dulce Alavez is alive
"BRIDGETON, New Jersey (WPVI) -- Investigators continue to remain hopeful 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez is alive after she went missing nine days ago."

"Officials with the Cumberland County prosecutors office are advising people that they cannot accept money from private individuals. The Bridgeton Police Department will need to verify all offers.

The official reward total for information that leads to solving the case is $35,000."

According to NBC10, Dulce’s mother Noema Alavez Perez said that Dulce’s younger brother told her he saw a man “waving his hand, like ‘come over here'” while they were playing in Bridgeton City Park, with their nearby, inside a parked vehicle.

“If in fact little Dulce’s kidnapper waves at her, did she know him? Did she know him from previous grooming? Or was waving at her simply a ploy to lure Dulce to his red mini van to force her inside?,” Nancy said.
Dulce’s brother, who is only 3 years old, is believed to have been the last to see Dulce before she was possibly abducted from Bridgeton City Park on Monday.

As NJ.com reports, Alavez Perez previously told the media that her son said someone knocked the ice cream out of his hand. According to NBC10, an extensive search of the park and surrounding area yielded no sign of Dulce, including her ice cream cup or spoon.

Alavez Perez identified the father as Edgar Perez; a name that has not been confirmed by authorities. She said he changed his position after seeing Dulce and noticing a physical resemblance, and told the news outlet that he recently stated his intentions to gain custody of the 5-year-old girl.

Tot brother of 5-year-old Dulce Alavez sees man ‘waving’ at sister just before she disappears

Referring to Noema, the article states: "She said she never had a relationship with Dulce's father, who she identified as Edgar Perez, and that he didn't believe that Dulce was his daughter when she was born five years ago."

FBI Talked with Dulce's Father in Mexico; Still No New Leads

When did the mom say that she never had a relationship with the dad? I read it as saying that Dulce never had a relationship with the dad. It wouldn't even make sense for mom to talk about herself in the middle of a sentence about Dulce and the dad. She was talking about her daughter, not about herself. <modsnip>

Alavez Perez, who described herself as estranged from Dulce’s father, said she has spoken with him via social media since Dulce’s disappearance.

“He said we have to have faith in God that he’s going to bring her back home safe,” she previously stated.

When she was 1 or 2 years old, he expressed his intention to seek custody of the girl, Alavez Perez said, but added that he never followed through on it.

“He never took us to court,” she said.

Perez later returned to Mexico, where he intended to go to college in order to provide a better life for his daughter, Alavez Perez said, though she added that she had also been told he was deported from the United States.

Alavez Perez said that her kids live with her parents in Bridgeton, while she lives in a nearby apartment. She also said she shares joint custody of Dulce with her mom.

https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2019/09/teacher-reportedly-facing-discipline-after-criticizing-mexicans-in-facebook-post-about-missing-dulce-alavez.html

seems like temp custody goes to the minor's g'parents when mom is a minor, and they are also required to support the infant until the mom is 18. maybe Noema never took custody back when she turned 18, unless the temp custody automatically expired on her 18th b'day.

When a parent is a minor

She doesn't even have custody herself as far as I can tell, her parents do, and says she is ok with it.

How NJ cops decide whether to use Amber Alerts for missing kids
"The only active Amber Alert in the country revolves around the suspected abduction of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez, who went missing from a Bridgeton park on Sept. 16."

"You know that when an Amber Alert is issued that detectives have done due diligence and have determined that they have reason to believe that this child is in grave danger," said Sgt. 1st Class Jeff Flynn with the New Jersey State Police."

"In the case of Dulce, an alert was issued more than 24 hours after her disappearance was reported, once an investigation determined a male "drove off with Dulce in a red van with tinted windows and a sliding rear passenger side door." The alert described the male as light-skinned, wearing orange sneakers, red pants and a black shirt.

"We don't want to face a desensitized public when it comes to our missing children, so we reserve Amber Alerts for our worst-of-the-worst types of circumstances," Lowery said."

sometimes when females are traumatized as children and then they have kids, they are emotionally and psychologically unable to care for or protect their own children.
I can't even imagine a fourteen year old doing it alone. I would be afraid for both mother and child. They really need the help and support of their family. It's important that they finish school.
Imo

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> obviously there had to be some sort of relationship, however short it may have been.
Anyway, she never said they had no relationship, she said he was "with" her for a time in New Jersey before he went back to college, and that he wanted to provide for the baby. Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> obviously there had to be some sort of relationship, however short it may have been.
Anyway, she never said they had no relationship, she said he was "with" her for a time in New Jersey before he went back to college, and that he wanted to provide for the baby. Imo
There are other articles where she says they had no relationship. So she kind of says somewhat contradictory things to different reporters, or is quoted incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members