AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm being misunderstood. I know that mom looked franticly for her precious daughter The minute she knew she was gone. But she didn't know she was gone until 3 year old told her. I'm just saying somethings not right here. Maybe, it's just bad reporting. Don't jump to conclusions that I'm blaming her or anyone. There had to be more to the story.

I assume that the mother was in the car with her niece/sister (I've seen it reported both ways) with the doors closed, windows rolled up, and A/C on. She's pregnant, exhausted, and seeking a few minutes rest. What do you think is missing? It only takes a moment for a child abduction. The brother comes back crying, and the Mom is alerted to a problem. I know you're not accusing family involvement. I'm just curious what you think might be missing, because it could be very important. It could be something that's being overlooked.

Not necessarily taken by someone she was acquainted with or knew. I say this bc when I recently read that her brother saw a man "waving his hand, like 'come over here'," my heart sank.

I grew up during the time of be home as soon as the streetlights come on, enjoying freedom to play and roam in your own neighborhood and if we were on our bikes or skates, often outside of our immediate neighborhoods, often for long periods of time.

I remember that gesture vividly as a little girl even when playing alone outside my home. There was something about the gesture which conveyed "Come here" without using any words that made me almost automatically respond. In my case, I came right up to the vehicle door. When the male reached his arm to swing open the door (he was exposed), I ran like hell.

I think a likely scenario is when the male perp beckoned her (possibly without uttering any words at all initially), she instinctually moved closer to him to hear what he would say, find out what he wanted. Once she was close, he clasped her hand & simply calmly & briskly walked away with her to his vehicle. He probably began chatting with her in order to distract her and by then it was too late. Since she has been described as both shy as well as one who would not walk away with a stranger, I think her temperament was such as not to challenge adults, scream etc.

A grew up in a major metro area and remember that gesture used by males both as a child Dulce's age and older. Males did that when I was alone, as well as when I was with other girls. Often, they did not utter a word. Simply gestured.

I'm trying to not lose hope that she will be found alive.

This scenario does ring true as a strong possibility, imo. It would explain why not much was noticed.

Thank you for sharing. Interesting data. Somewhat curious that they break things down, only to a point. Asians have a category, but Hispanics are included under white. From a research perspective, it's notable. Also, there must be some Native Americans assaulted, and logic would dictate that there are some who assault. Data is always curious as far as how it is compiled and presented.
Well said.

Elizaveth's Smart sister was quite a bit older than 3.
Yes, that's why I said the right person, meaning someone experienced with young children, may be able to get more information out of him.

Considering his age, he would not have any idea what would be important or not. A professional would know how to ask the right questions. He may not be able to tell all that he saw in just one interview.

IMO

Yes, that's why I said the right person, meaning someone experienced with young children, may be able to get more information out of him.

Considering his age, he would not have any idea what would be important or not. A professional would know how to ask the right questions. He may not be able to tell all that he saw in just one interview.

IMO
No matter the experience , depending on what he saw 8 days later witness memory starts to fade for an adult, I image that for a 3 year old is ever worst. But that's just my opinion I'm not an expert.

I am curious about the approximately 24 people playing basketball at 4:30 on a Monday afternoon. Was this a group of kids or high schoolers or adults? A pickup game or do they regularly meet at that time? If adults and they don’t have a regular game time, could the witness description be a ruse? That time of day would be odd to have so many adults not at work?
Working farms or construction & many other trades start & finish early. 4:30 not such an odd hour for young adults to play BB. Prob be home for dinner around 7. JMO

No matter the experience , depending on what he saw 8 days later witness memory starts to fade for an adult, I image that for a 3 year old is ever worst. But that's just my opinion I'm not an expert.
Yes, but at this point there still might be more information he can give.

The OP suggested he might be able to provide more information with skilled investigators, and I think that's true.

A three year old would not know what's important to tell them, but there are certain things they can do to help him explain what happened.

He might even say something to a family member that would help.

IMO

I used to be a kindergarten teacher and from my experience kids remember better than adults especially if its something that upset them. Sometimes the bring things up weeks after and they say random things that make no sense to adults most of the time but I do think it’s possible for them to remember .imo
ETA: an example is kids tend to play pretend games that depict a certain situation they were in or a scenario they re-enact over again because they don’t understand it.

Unsure if this has already been posted or not..
Sept 26 2019
Home Videos Of Dulce Maria Alavez Released As Search For Missing Girl Continues
In this video it appears to me that she may be missing a couple of her front bottom teeth. If this video was pretty recent she would probably still have her cute little gap toothed smile. I wonder if the teeth are still missing/not regrown fully & if so would that make a difference in how people may recognize her? Just grasping at straws here I think, sorry if it doesn't make sense.:oops:

I could not disagree more. She made a bigoted statement. Actions have consequences. She implied an entire culture is less than. She is trash.
Is that not about individual perception though? Personally I think she meant it as in the Mexican culture do not helicopter parent and they give their kids more freedom to be a child because they are more cohesive as a community and there is always someone looking out for them because they all live in close proximity and look after each other. I think it’s very unfair to label her as you have . MOO and we are all entitled to them and our own perspective so I shall respect yours even if i don’t agree with your sentiments

I'm thinking the actor wanted a quick escape route that got him somewhere secluded quickly without exposure to roaming patrol cars and gave him an exit route that would be difficult for LE to cover once word of the abduction got out. Further, I'm thinking he would want to get the vehicle lost in a large city outside of NJ where it would not be spotted, or he dumped it and had a second vehicle waiting. Outside chance he put it in a garage or storage unit. Most of the time the vehicle is either close by and hidden/dumped, or in another state.
So, if you are thinking this you must be thinking pre meditated. As in he either went there for her or for someone.
This is interesting to me because we don’t hear of that park being busy except for the ones playing basketball. Any local know if that is normally the case?

We also know: no facial hair, slight build, height range, light colored skin (possibly Mexican), and a complete description if a rather colorful outfit. It would be nice if we had more, but cases have been solved on less.
Would light skinned normally mean Hispanic? Do they use the term “light skinned” for a light skinned person in each race?

Additionally... anyone find odd they haven’t specified late Model or older van? Or even minivan or commercial?

I used to be a kindergarten teacher and from my experience kids remember better than adults especially if its something that upset them. Sometimes the bring things up weeks after and they say random things that make no sense to adults most of the time but I do think it’s possible for them to remember .imo
ETA: an example is kids tend to play pretend games that depict a certain situation they were in or a scenario they re-enact over again because they don’t understand it.
Yes, that's why they use dolls or other toys to help them tell what happened through play.

You might be right, let's hope they use some good techniques to get more details out of him, if that is the case is weird LE has not updated the case. Jmo

I would believe the city of Bridgeton, NJ, has surveillance cameras installed at certain intersections at heavy traffic intersections. Or surveillance cameras at the city park for any criminal activity.

What about the other witness the police mentioned. Did he or she provide the same detailed information like
Dulce's 3 year-old brother. Nothing more has been mentioned about the 2nd witness, what did he see?

Personally if I see something odd when it comes to children, example a strange person talking to a child. I would not hesitate to intervene and ask what going on with this stranger talking to a child.

I would believe a news conference with Dulce's family appealing to the public would benefit keeping the public alert to
any updates.

I do understand a language barrier exist, the family might feel uncomfortable speaking, but a family member being the spokesman urging everyone to be on the lookout for this precious little girl would help.

So, if you are thinking this you must be thinking pre meditated. As in he either went there for her or for someone.
This is interesting to me because we don’t hear of that park being busy except for the ones playing basketball. Any local know if that is normally the case?

Would light skinned normally mean Hispanic? Do they use the term “light skinned” for a light skinned person in each race?

Additionally... anyone find odd they haven’t specified late Model or older van? Or even minivan or commercial?
The Amber Alert only describes a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows.

It was never indicated that it is a minivan or an SUV.

So I would think they mean the square shaped larger type van that is meant for many passengers or a work vehicle that people keep their tools and equipment in.

IMO

Edited to add: you can find the definition of light-skinned in the urban dictionary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members