AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was that stated? It seems the person who posted a translation a few pages back originally translated "camioneta" as truck and then went back and edited it to say van? I can't seem to find the original post saying truck anymore, but I do remember reading it as well. When searching the thread for the word "truck" the responses to it show up and the original translation, but it no longer says truck. In any case, "camioneta" means van, but can also refer to certain types of trucks, and even buses. I think in the case of the article, it's pretty clear to have meant "van", although the distinction between van and SUV itself is not that clear with many people in either language.
A truck can also mean a SUV. A SUV as in 4 wheel drive is a truck.

Dulce's case is slowly slipping from msm - recent Google searches show more attention to the teacher and her comments than Dulce's disappearance. Sadly IMO that's how msm rolls; with no updates from LE the story grows stale quickly.

I think it's great that Dulce's family released home video of her as a way to keep her story in the news. I wish LE would call a presser even if to say there's nothing new and to repeat the plea to people to review any photos taken in the park or surveillance videos. Please don't let this case go cold! :(
Family releases new video of missing Bridgeton girl Dulce Maria Alavez

Dulce's case is slowly slipping from msm - recent Google searches show more attention to the teacher and her comments than Dulce's disappearance. Sadly IMO that's how msm rolls; with no updates from LE the story grows stale quickly.

I think it's great that Dulce's family released home video of her as a way to keep her story in the news. I wish LE would call a presser even if to say there's nothing new and to repeat the plea to people to review any photos taken in the park or surveillance videos. Please don't let this case go cold! :(

I definitely feel this too, sadly. I was so hoping this case would be one of the ones solved soon and not dragged through the sad reality of how things fade from the news and public eye rather quickly. I hope they continue to release more things like that to incentivize the news to speak about her more. Even more photos would probably be good.

Honestly, the most circulated photo of her in the school uniform and the backpack, I feel doesn't even look as much like what she may actually look like in real life. It may be the hairstyle, but I feel her face looks different there and that she looks more similar from image to image in all of the other photos and the videos as opposed to the school uniform picture. And most of all, I also really wish they would do a press conference and clear up some of the awful things going on in the social media groups amidst the silence and lack of new information.

I just watched the end of a crime show while channel surfing. The only survivor of a killing spree that killed 7 was a 3 year old girl. She was able to tell police that her daddy slit her throat and killed her sisters. Gives me a little more hope in Dulce brother being able to relay information.

Do I understand correctly that mom bought the children ice cream at the store, then they were loaded into their car seats, drove to the park, and were unstrapped and let out to play while carrying their ice cream?

How long does an ice cream last in a child's hand? Would a kid hold an ice cream for 20 minutes? I'm thinking that little Dulce must have been kidnapped almost immediately upon arriving at the playground. The ice creams give credibility to a quick time frame. It must have happened juat as Dulce's mother said.

I fear that if you too strictly limit your interpretation of what someone might call a van, you could unintentionally eliminate vital information about the vehicle.
The same is true for thinking it could be an SUV or a mini van.

According to the Amber Alert, the vehicle that Dulce was seen being seated in was a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows. One of the criteria for an Amber Alert is to have the best description possible of the vehicle.

Until that changes or LE says otherwise, I'm going by the official definition of a van.

A van is defined as a medium sized vehicle with a boxy shape and high roof, used for transporting goods or passengers.

Of course the definitions vary, but in general they are pretty much the same.

If LE is certain that it is a van, then it narrows down their search and actually makes it easier for them.
There are a lot less vans on the road than mini vans or SUV's.

IMO

as someone I was conversing with stated, there is no mention of any van on her FBI Most Wanted page: DULCE MARIA ALAVEZ — FBI

interesting
There is no mention of any vehicle at all. It's included in the Amber Alert.
If LE is not certain of the vehicle, I wish they would make some sort of statement or do a press conference to let people know.

Last edited:
I do not think we will know anything or less an arrest is made. I have the feeling LE is not going to say anything until an arrest has been made or she is found
I hope not, unless they are close to an arrest.
It's important to keep up the public's interest in the case.
We have no idea what they know at this point, though, so hopefully they are getting plenty of leads.

Do I understand correctly that mom bought the children ice cream at the store, then they were loaded into their car seats, drove to the park, and were unstrapped and let out to play while carrying their ice cream?

How long does an ice cream last in a child's hand? Would a kid hold an ice cream for 20 minutes? I'm thinking that little Dulce must have been kidnapped almost immediately upon arriving at the playground. The ice creams give credibility to a quick time frame. It must have happened juat as Dulce's mother said.
Yes, and I think in one article it says it was only about 3 minutes. I guess it was anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes. Imo

It's still front and center on local (Philly) stations. I watched 6ABC Action News this evening and their reporter who has been covering this story is still reporting from the park in Bridgeton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans