GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

Can someone copy link please x
NEWS: Two plead guilty to murders of Shiregreen brothers

A woman and a man have today pleaded guilty to the murders of two brothers in Shiregreen, Sheffield.

Sarah Barrass, 35, of Gregg House Road, and Brandon Machin, 39, of Burngreave Road, admitted the murder of Blake Barrass, 14, and his brother Tristan, 13 at Sheffield Crown Court.

The defendants both pleaded guilty to two counts of murder, five counts of attempted murder and one count of conspiracy to murder relating to Blake and Tristan along with four other children in the family, all aged under 13, who cannot be named for legal reasons.

The Recorder of Sheffield, Judge Jeremy Richardson QC, said today: "No words of mine can ever fully reflect the enormity of what you have both done. The crimes you have committed, quite frankly, speak for themselves.

"The murder of two children, the attempted murder of four children and the overarching conspiracy to murder those children - I repeat, those crimes speak for themselves.

"I have little doubt that each of you will, in due course, be sentenced to several terms of life imprisonment. This may well be a case - but it's a matter for the judge - where a whole life order is imposed."

The hearing follows an incident at a house on Gregg House Road, Shiregreen, in May this year.

Barrass, the mother of the children, and Machin were both remanded in custody ahead of sentencing, which has been set for 12 November.

South Yorkshire Police

No details were given in court about what happened to the children inside the house in the Shiregreen area of Sheffield on May 24 and May 25 this year.

South Yorkshire Police has never released the cause of the two boys' death and it was not given when an inquest was opened earlier this year.

The court heard that all of the surviving children are under the age of 13.

Barrass.jpg

During a hearing held at Sheffield Crown Court this morning, Barrass, 35, and Machin, 39, pleaded guilty to murdering Blake, 14, and Tristan Barrass, 13, on May 24 this year.

Barrass, of Gregg House Road, and Machin, of no fixed abode, also pleaded guilty to conspiring to murder Blake and Tristan, as well as Barrass’ four other children, all of whom are under the age of 13.

The pair also admitted attempting to murder Blake and Barrass as well as two of her other children.

First pictures released of Sheffield child murderers Sarah Barrass and Brandon Machin

Can someone copy link please x

NEWS: Two plead guilty to murders of Shiregreen brothers

A woman and a man have today pleaded guilty to the murders of two brothers in Shiregreen, Sheffield.

Sarah Barrass, 35, of Gregg House Road, and Brandon Machin, 39, of Burngreave Road, admitted the murder of Blake Barrass, 14, and his brother Tristan, 13 at Sheffield Crown Court.

The defendants both pleaded guilty to two counts of murder, five counts of attempted murder and one count of conspiracy to murder relating to Blake and Tristan along with four other children in the family, all aged under 13, who cannot be named for legal reasons.

The Recorder of Sheffield, Judge Jeremy Richardson QC, said today: "No words of mine can ever fully reflect the enormity of what you have both done. The crimes you have committed, quite frankly, speak for themselves.

"The murder of two children, the attempted murder of four children and the overarching conspiracy to murder those children - I repeat, those crimes speak for themselves.

"I have little doubt that each of you will, in due course, be sentenced to several terms of life imprisonment. This may well be a case - but it's a matter for the judge - where a whole life order is imposed."

The hearing follows an incident at a house on Gregg House Road, Shiregreen, in May this year.

Barrass, the mother of the children, and Machin were both remanded in custody ahead of sentencing, which has been set for 12 November.

11D195F4-722C-4E9E-B6F4-7E6E6D9777EE.jpeg 51AE5388-55C4-4A50-9177-13F2C65EF0D8.jpeg

South Yorkshire Police

First pictures released of Sheffield child murderers Sarah Barrass and Brandon Machin

The first pictures of Sheffield child killers, Sarah Barrass and Brandon Machin, who murdered two children and conspired to murder four others, have now been released.

During a hearing held at Sheffield Crown Court this morning, Barrass, 35, and Machin, 39, pleaded guilty to murdering Barrass’ sons Blake, 14, and Tristan Barrass, 13, on May 24 this year.

Barrass, of Gregg House Road, Shiregreen and Machin, of Burngreave Road, Burngreave also pleaded guilty to conspiring to murder Blake and Tristan, as well as Barrass’ four other children, all of whom are under the age of 13.

The pair also admitted attempting to murder Blake and Barrass as well as two of her other children.

The Recorder of Sheffield, Judge Jeremy Richardson QC, adjourned sentencing until November 12 and told the pair that they may be facing a whole life sentence.

I think it’s important to remember she didn’t act alone. Although it’s often seen as more devastating when it’s a woman - perhaps because women carry and give birth to children? We tend to expect a lot more from women than men. I hope the children get the justice they so deserve.

WHY would she want to kill all her children? Yes there aren't many details being released here and I'm not sure there will be.

A personality disorder of some sort I'm guessing. Seeing the children as objects or possessions to be disposed of when not convenient. The planning element makes it worse, sadistic even.

A personality disorder of some sort I'm guessing. Seeing the children as objects or possessions to be disposed of when not convenient. The planning element makes it worse, sadistic even.
Personality disorder or some “syndrome” to explain this?
Naw, just narcissistic, selfish, garden variety miscreants. Let’s not give them a “disorder” defense. No go.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back