IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *ARRESTS* *mother guilty* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
83x83px-LL-5e1c3da5_thankyou.gif
jash! Very much appreciated for your help! :)

Just checking the child cases I follow, I don't do it every day because to think of the facts is too much sometimes. I am sure most can and do identify.

Thinking of you child. You so did not deserve this. I want to tell you how sorry I am that such could even occur on this planet and what your short life was like.

You are in a far better place than this sometimes very evil world.

They did a Jailhouse interview with the "mother" of A.J., I hope he is happy & at peace in heaven now free from any worries or pain.
A.J. Freund's weeping drug addict mother says she would 'rather kill herself than hurt her family' | Daily Mail Online
At a minimum this 'mother' harmed her children every day by allowing them to live in squalor and feces. Poor AJ didn't know love and nurturing during his short little life. One of them beat, killed and buried him and I believe it was a combination of both.

Yes, no more tears and pain for him now, but how sad is it that he would be dead at the age of 5 to find that peace? They both need to rot behind bars and I wish they would be forced to live in cells in the same condition as they forced their children.

Not directing this towards your post, just jumping off here. Child killers really get to me.

Edwards: “Police say, on your phone… there is video of AJ lying on a bare mattress in his bedroom… and you were berating him for urinating on his bed.”

Cunningham: “Well, wouldn’t any parent?”

Edwards: “Were you using drugs when you had AJ?”

Cunningham: “When I was pregnant with him, yes.”

Edwards: “How could you be upset with AJ when you knew you were shooting up heroin when you were pregnant with him?”

Cunningham: “Heroin. It’s like the devil.”

Edwards: “Am I the only one you’ve been talking to?”

Cunningham: “Yes.”

Edwards: “Has everyone abandoned you?”

Edwards: “Why?”

Cunningham: “Because they listened to the news.”

Edwards: “Did something terrible happen to you growing up?”

Cunningham: “Probably – my brother committed suicide.”

Edwards: “So you went to bed, right?”

Cunningham: “Yeah.”

Edwards: “And the next morning you were going to pick up Dan from jail. And no AJ?”

Cunningham: “Yeah, yeah.”

Edwards: “Did you kill AJ?”

Cunningham: “No, I would never hurt my children.”

Edwards: “You say that, but some people will say you used drugs while you pregnant.”

Cunningham: “I know, and that’s something I cannot take back.”

Edwards: “DCFS paint a horror show of what went on in that house. Was it a horror show, what was going on in that house in the end?”

Cunningham: “No, we were a good, loving family.”

Edwards: “JoAnn, a lot of people are just going to have a hard time believing that.”

Cunningham: “I’m sure they do, but I don’t care what they think.”

ONLY ON 2: JoAnn Cunningham, Charged With Killing Son AJ Freund, Opens Up To CBS 2's Brad Edwards

Last edited:
Freund and Cunningham are forbidden to have contact with one another in the jail. The pair have been in the same room only a handful of times since their arrests. They have seen each other only during occasional appearances on pending cases tied to their Dole Avenue property and the custody of Cunningham’s surviving children.

Freund was unaware of Cunningham’s communication with CBS, his attorney Special Public Defender Henry Sugden said Thursday.
AJ Freund's mother gives jailhouse interview with CBS | Northwest Herald

September 29, 2019 - Sunday
  • The father of accused murderer JC's baby girl has died. DN, 37, died 7:09 p.m. Sunday in St. Vincent's Hospital in Kokomo, Indiana, of a suspected overdose, said Dr. Steven Seele, coroner for Howard County. He was admitted to the hospital days earlier.
October 17, 2019 - Thursday
  • COURT - Status Trial Date JC - 9:00 am
October 21, 2019 - Monday
  • COURT - Continued from September 9th Custody Placement Hearing

I do not even have words.

So mom of baby girl is in jail and dad died after days in the hospital of a suspected drug OD?

One son of Freund Sr. and JC is dead, one is with others. JC's oldest has come through.

May these three children have every chance at happiness in life in spite of this. And may AJ RIP.

It is no excuse but may this also be a cautionary tale of thinking of even dabbling in such drugs.

One of the towns they were getting prescription drugs from is one I am surprised at in Wisconsin, a small town. I hope such "docs" or suppliers are also being looked at.

The baby's father comes out of jail/prison (one would think clean), completes a program and still ODs?

The interviews with JC were quite interesting.

The death of this poor little boy saved his siblings is a very bittersweet thought.

Jmo.

Edwards: “Police say, on your phone… there is video of AJ lying on a bare mattress in his bedroom… and you were berating him for urinating on his bed.”

Cunningham: “Well, wouldn’t any parent?”

Edwards: “Were you using drugs when you had AJ?”

Cunningham: “When I was pregnant with him, yes.”

Edwards: “How could you be upset with AJ when you knew you were shooting up heroin when you were pregnant with him?”

Cunningham: “Heroin. It’s like the devil.”

Edwards: “Am I the only one you’ve been talking to?”

Edwards: “Has everyone abandoned you?”

Edwards: “Why?”

Cunningham: “Because they listened to the news.”

Edwards: “Did something terrible happen to you growing up?”

Cunningham: “Probably – my brother committed suicide.”

Edwards: “So you went to bed, right?”

Cunningham: “Yeah.”

Edwards: “And the next morning you were going to pick up Dan from jail. And no AJ?”

Cunningham: “Yeah, yeah.”

Edwards: “Did you kill AJ?”

Cunningham: “No, I would never hurt my children.”

Edwards: “You say that, but some people will say you used drugs while you pregnant.”

Cunningham: “I know, and that’s something I cannot take back.”

Edwards: “DCFS paint a horror show of what went on in that house. Was it a horror show, what was going on in that house in the end?”

Cunningham: “No, we were a good, loving family.”

Edwards: “JoAnn, a lot of people are just going to have a hard time believing that.”

Cunningham: “I’m sure they do, but I don’t care what they think.”

ONLY ON 2: JoAnn Cunningham, Charged With Killing Son AJ Freund, Opens Up To CBS 2's Brad Edwards
WTF!?! WTF!?
So now that she’s in jail and supposedly clean and sober she still thinks that’s ok??
I just can’t with this b%#$&!

omg. These people are all such a mess.

More links to death of Daniel Nowicki, suspected OD.

WGNTV:
Ex-boyfriend of AJ Freund’s mother dies

Chicago Tribune:
Father of AJ Freund’s infant half-sister dies of apparent drug overdose in Indiana, officials say
At least the baby girl will never have to have anything to do with either parent.

Did she give birth to the baby yet?

Yes, baby girl on May 31st. The father was determined to be DN, who died of a suspected overdose on Sept 29th.

May 31, 2019 - Friday
  • Baby girl born to JC. Infant will remain in protective custody while a judge attempts to determine who fathered the child.

September 29, 2019 - Sunday
  • The father of accused murderer JC's baby girl has died. DN, 37, died 7:09 p.m. Sunday in St. Vincent's Hospital in Kokomo, Indiana, of a suspected overdose, said Dr. Steven Seele, coroner for Howard County. He was admitted to the hospital days earlier.

Freund:

Docket:
Date
09/26/2019 Room
302 Event Type
STATUS - TRIAL DATE Result
ALLOWED - PHONE CALL Judge
WILBRANDT
09/26/2019 302 STATUS - TRIAL DATE CONTINUED - DEFENDANTS MOTION WILBRANDT
09/26/2019 302 STATUS - SUBPOENA REQUEST SATISFIED WILBRANDT

Hearing:
Date Time Room Event Type Judge