Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

@cathyrusson 55s56 seconds ago

#McStay - Judge: Defense needs additional time to file any motions for a new trial and to reduce the sentence. Tentatively discussed Dec. 13 for a hearing and status conference on if McGee should be relieved on Nov. 1

Reduce the sentence????
----
cathyrusson 11s11 seconds ago

#McStay - Judge says the conflict of McGee leaving is less since McGee and Maline are no longer in the same office.

@cathyrusson 44s44 seconds ago

#McStay - Judge says he was surprised the motion to reduce sentence hadn't been filed yet and says it could be due to McGee's request to withdraw

cathyrusson 48s48 seconds ago

#McStay - Judge says about the delay, "White regrettable, it's necessary."

cathyrusson 21s22 seconds ago

#McStay - Judge set deadlines: Motions by defense to be filed by Nov 22, response from state Dec. 9.

cathyrusson 15s16 seconds ago

#McStay - Hearing on McGee's motion to withdraw is set for Nov. 1. Hearing on defense motions set for Dec 13. Both at 1:30.

You missed this tweet @geevee ..... they started coming quick lol

Cathy Russon

@cathyrusson

#McStay - Judge: If we reach the point where Mr. McGee still says he has a conflict and he can't continue we need to reassess if Mr. Maline an continue.

This leads me to believe that Maline is not death penalty qualified?

I did miss that, thanks Missy.

This is just wild.

I did miss that, thanks Missy.

This is just wild.

I was hoping we would get a tidbit more info on what the conflict is! From the tweets... the judge thinks that Maline/Merritt should be given time to "investigate" the conflict... but the conflict is less since Maline and McGee are no longer in the same office.... wth does that mean????

We did learn that they have NOT filed a Motion for a New Trial yet... or a Motion to Reduce Sentence... which I think is just asking the judge to give him life instead of death, since the jury recommendations are just that, recommendations.

Anyone have thoughts on what this "conflict" could be?

How about McGee is tired of Merritt's games and he is fed up with Maline being buddy buddy with Merritt. The two have not gotten along as people may think and McGee I think wants out and to go on with life. I think Maline just wants to delay delay delay!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back