CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I don't know where your info comes from, but I live in the desert (yes, Mojave), and the daytime temps are still mid 80's to mid 90's, and nighttime temps haven't gone below 50.

Mid 90s?

bkjgpdcym95u.png

qo7lq43xa.png

Last edited:
IIRC, VI said the gas station for ice visit happened just around 9am.. I had been meaning to ask.. how long would a normal transit from the couple's home to that gas station have taken? And how long would a normal transit from the gas station to the 'rock formation' have taken? That will give a good clue as to the speed of travel, and also time of arrival at the rock formation?
And then.. the timeline from NINE am until 3:30pm (approx) is............... ?
Oh, wow.
Even earlier than I thought.
Having a hard time believing they were out hiking for that long.
And we still don't know where RT was standing to take his photo.

I'm not there -- I'm further west in Los Angeles, as you might guess from my username -- but I can tell you that weather systems often go east from here near the coast. It was very hot here last weekend and early in the week, and then a cool moist front came through midweek. My guess is that it has reached the Mojave National Preserve. I won't be surprised if the weather there over the next couple of months see-saws between warmer high pressure systems and cooler moister fronts. JMO

Oh, wow.
Even earlier than I thought.
Having a hard time believing they were out hiking for that long.
And we still don't know where RT was standing to take his photo.
IIRC the gas station was around 45 minutes away, if they left at 8.30, they would have arrived at the gas station around 9.15

It might not make sense to some, but there is photographic evidence that Barbara did wear a bikini in the desert at least once and a family member (the VI) has confirmed that this is Barbara's style. We also have had posters who hike and they either also wear this attire or know people who do. In conclusion, @MsBetsy is not 'selling' anything, she is just stating what the evidence is.
It can't be said however, what the dates are that these photo(s) were taken when showing BT in a bikini in the desert, nor even where exactly in the desert.. could've been during a different time when temps were not so high during the part of the day when BT was said to have been out there?

It can't be said however, what the dates are that these photo(s) were taken when showing BT in a bikini in the desert, nor even where exactly in the desert.. could've been during a different time when temps were not so high during the part of the day when BT was said to have been out there?
The photo we have seen was not from that day, but in a similar location, so it is a possibility. Though, what she was wearing that day was not unusual for Barbara in particular.

This is the time line, I came up with based on information from VI's posts and google maps of the route and a good dose of speculation.CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #9
  • We know that they left home around 8.15 am
  • We know that they stopped at the gas station for ice about an hour later. Say they leave the Gas station at 9.30.
  • We *think* that they may have stopped on the way - at the place of the 360 photo. For the sake of argument, lets say its half way between the gas station and Kelbaker/Hidden Hills - so they arrive at the 360 place at 10am.
  • They go for a walk to the top of the hill, take photo, and return to the RV - allow 45 mins - leave 360 place at 10.45
  • They arrive at Kelbaker/Hidden Hills at 11.15, park RV, set up chairs, prepare and eat lunch - allow an hour
  • leave RV for walk 12.15 . 1 mile, lets allow - 30 mins max = 12.45
  • look at rock formations take photos - would this be a leisurely pace?( Not too worried about heat here because of elevation and both are prob used to higher temps at their home) allow another 30 mins = 1.15
  • start walk back to RV - allow another 30 minutes = 1.45
  • arrive at RV at 1.45
RT popped in to the gas station just to buy ice at approx 9am.. why do you figure it would take half an hour to do that?

RT popped in to the gas station just to buy ice at approx 9am.. why do you figure it would take half an hour to do that?
  • We know that they stopped at the gas station for ice about an hour later. Say they leave the Gas station at 9.30.
I allowed 15 mins for ice and an hour from their home to the Gas Station. It is likely that they left home closer to 8.30. I think return from kennels was 8.15.

Route Map Google Maps

Last edited:
This is the time line, I came up with based on information from VI's posts and google maps of the route and a good dose of speculation.CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #9
  • We *think* that they may have stopped on the way - at the place of the 360 photo. For the sake of argument, lets say its half way between the gas station and Kelbaker/Hidden Hills - so they arrive at the 360 place at 10am.
  • They go for a walk to the top of the hill, take photo, and return to the RV - allow 45 mins - leave 360 place at 10.45
  • They arrive at Kelbaker/Hidden Hills at 11.15, park RV, set up chairs, prepare and eat lunch - allow an hour
  • leave RV for walk 12.15 . 1 mile, lets allow - 30 mins max = 12.45
  • look at rock formations take photos - would this be a leisurely pace?( Not too worried about heat here because of elevation and both are prob used to higher temps at their home) allow another 30 mins = 1.15
  • start walk back to RV - allow another 30 minutes = 1.45
  • arrive at RV at 1.45
With all due respect, that seems like an awful lot of speculation to me.

-Lunch was never mentioned.
-They left the house to go on a pre-planned camping trip first thing in the morning and made a stop-off to look at a rock formation. It was only apparently 100 or so miles away from their home? Why would they need to eat lunch after driving only a couple of hours and before they even reached their camping destination?
-A different location altogether for the '360 photo' was never mentioned.
-If it was a different location, it's strange that it wasn't mentioned during the relaying of their activities that day to B's family, even though the family said it was a very detailed explanation of events.
-There was apparently a parking lot where vehicles were parked near to that 360 area, which R wanted police to check out.. why would he want police to check that out if the location was half way between the gas station and the rock formation where she went missing, when R is saying he knows she went missing from the rock formation?
-Why would the couple need or want to sit in lawnchairs *before* their '2 mile walk', considering they had just spent a couple hours driving, sitting down??

For me, they arrived around 10am, walked for a bit, and she disappeared around noon or earlier, just as he was said to have relayed to B's family.

I think it's absolutely possible to believe it if you accept that he might not have given a complete and accurate account to media and family as far as we know. And that doesn't necessarily mean anything criminal took place. Perhaps just being inconsiderate, careless, and/or parting on bad terms. Things he didn't feel comfortable admitting to those people.
Why might you suppose he would NOT have given a complete and accurate account to family and media? It's one thing to not admit being in an argument at the time, but it's a different thing to lie about what happened that day, imo.

The photo we have seen was not from that day, but in a similar location, so it is a possibility. Though, what she was wearing that day was not unusual for Barbara in particular.
Well sure. Just because B may have enjoyed wearing a bikini in general, and may have enjoyed being in the desert in general, and perhaps even enjoyed wearing a bikini while camping in the desert (wasn't there a tent and lawnchairs set up in the photo showing her wearing a bikini in the desert?), it does not equate with wanting to take a 2 or a 4 hour walk at one of the hottest times of the year, during the sun shining from 10 til 12, or til 2:30, whichever version is believed, while on their WAY to a preplanned camping destination in the couple's newer RV. imo.

I want to bring this post by dbdb11 forward.

hmmm i don’t have the sharpest memory but i’ll try to recount as best as i can - robbie and said he needs to talk to daddy and that barbara’s missing. it was a long story that started at the beginning on friday morning and progressed chronologically throughout the day. the impression robbie gave me was that she was wearing a red cap, a bikini and carrying a travel cup with beer in it. they lost sight of each other for 5-10 minutes before she “vanished” and he went back to their rv to see if she had returned but it was still locked so that meant she hadn’t come back yet (they had put the key under a rock which they both knew the location of). so he went back to check a shaded cave that they had found together earlier thinking she may have been taking a break from the heat but she wasn’t there either. he still wasn’t worried at this point because.. i don’t remember why he said he wasn’t yet worried. maybe because they both knew the area? or this was a regular thing? idk not sure but he continued searching for her on his own. by around noon time it was getting terribly hot so he started getting worried and called 911. police arrived like 2 hours later and searched for her. robbie said throughout the day they had sniff dogs, horses, hundreds of people and even a helicopter (which unfortunately couldn’t use its infrared function because it was too hot out to get any useful readings) and nobody could find any trace of her. searched throughout the night too. nothing. she had just disappeared. robbie admits “it doesn’t make any sense” that she just wandered off and got lost and there’s no evidence.. which is why he suspects she may have been picked up in a car. also because from the spot where she went missing she had to cross a highway in order to get back to where their rv was parked. also apparently she took a 360 picture that morning from on top of a hill and the photo included a parking lot with some vehicles in it so the police are looking into their license plates/info.

robbie said that he just wants barbara back and will press no charges against the person who abducted her so long as they return her. the call was delivered in a measured tone but he broke down a bit at this point, was tough to hear ..abc reached out? idk if it was abc but some mainstream news outlet and i definitely heard nancy grace mentioned. robbie’s done some interviews as he wants to get the word out. but he hasn’t seen or read any of the released news and comments. it’s too much

he said he keeps returning to the spot where he lost her and overturning rocks and searching and searching hoping to find something. he was there the day he called us although i think he said he shouldn’t really go back there as protocol says he’s the first suspect. he was even held for 5hrs in a cop car on the first day. it’s been nonstop and nobody is sleeping. robbie said he had held off on calling daddy to tell him the bad news because it was such devastating news and he was hoping she would turn up.. but he couldn’t wait any longer. he also said it’s difficult to call into china and said his calls rarely go through so if we want to ask any questions or talk more we should call him.

txt msg from my sister. wish i.asked.for this.earlier...

Post #544, p. 28, Thread #1 posted July 18 by dbdb11

I allowed 15 mins for ice and an hour from their home to the Gas Station. It is likely that they left home closer to 8.30. I think return from kennels was 8.15.

Route Map Google Maps
Kennel was at 8:10am and they left home at 8:15am, as per witnesses who communicated with our VI. He also said the kennel was very close to their home, and that the timelines fit. It's great to just pull times out of the air to make it fit a narrative which sounds more believable, but in this case, we actually have a VI with valid witness information who shares information with us here. Why change his information to make up one's own scenario? The trick, imho, is to make the info at hand, fit with the story we're being told by the person who was with BT that day. Trouble is, it's just not working.

Kennel was at 8:10am and they left home at 8:15am, as per witnesses who communicated with our VI. He also said the kennel was very close to their home, and that the timelines fit. It's great to just pull times out of the air to make it fit a narrative which sounds more believable, but in this case, we actually have a VI with valid witness information who shares information with us here. Why change his information to make up one's own scenario? The trick, imho, is to make the info at hand, fit with the story we're being told by the person who was with BT that day. Trouble is, it's just not working.
I believe that the VI used the word 'around', which to me means approximately. my timeline is approximate, I said that, along with the word 'speculation'. I also invited others to amend it. Would be interested to see your timeline?

You are selling that point pretty hard.Just doesn't make sense.
I am not the one who brought it up.

This is what the VI has said, and clarified more than once.
Whether or not you choose to believe him is up to you.

He does not seem to consider it relevant to the case, but you might, which is fine.

I have not expressed my opinion on it one way or another. It just is what it is.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member