TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armstrong just said that once she was in the apartment hallway (inside the apartment), her best choice was to start shooting.

JMO, her best choice was to call for back up and wait when she was outside the apartment and heard someone moving around inside. Did Guyger, her defense or their experts take into consideration the danger of having a gunfight inside a crowded apartment building full of people when it could have been avoided?

Peeked in at the trial today for the first time & was surprised to see a portrait of the victim displayed on the judges bench. Don't remember ever seeing that before.

I can only add that grief goes through stages. I'm not defending the sexting days after his death, just putting it out there there that there are stages and each individual will go through denial, anger, grief, sadness, acceptance, etc. at his/her own pace. I've never shot someone accidentally. But I've witnessed weird coping mechanisms over the years and have learned weird reactions are more common than not.

Sure, alleviate her grief with another woman's husband. Is that what she was trying to do when she texted Rivera that she was "horny" on the day and just a few hours before she killed Botham?

Prosecution is doing a good job of showing the limits of the validity of Armstrong's testimony. He doesn't know what she thought or how she felt. She is able to testify about that herself, so he doesn't need to.

Prosecution is doing a good job of showing the limits of the validity of Armstrong's testimony. He doesn't know what she thought or how she felt. She is able to testify about that herself, so he doesn't need to.

I agree. They are doing a good job narrowing this down.

I was very nervous heading into today, but I feel they have been very professional and technical.

I agree. They are doing a good job narrowing this down.

I was very nervous heading into today, but I feel they have been very professional and technical.

Prosecution now going after speculation and opinion about what happened or how Guyger felt. He doesn't know how she felt, if she had vision restriction, auditory exclusion, etc. Would be idle speculation offered to the jury. Ms Guyger can talk about these things herself.

Sure, alleviate her grief with another woman's husband. Is that what she was trying to do when she texted Rivera that she was "horny" on the day and just a few hours before she killed Botham?

Lots of people have sex before a tragic event happens. One doesn't have to trigger the other. Sex is natural.

I can only add that grief goes through stages. I'm not defending the sexting days after his death, just putting it out there there that there are stages and each individual will go through denial, anger, grief, sadness, acceptance, etc. at his/her own pace. I've never shot someone accidentally. But I've witnessed weird coping mechanisms over the years and have learned weird reactions are more common than not.

This. Everyone’s journey with grief is unique and when you navigate it it’s not a straight path. It’s up and down, back and forth and can catapult you into unknown places. Many of us here know this. We know it because we’ve had our own journey or we’ve witnessed someone else find their own way.

While AGs sexting MR after BJs death is certainly inappropriate, I can understand that maybe this time, her need was driven by something entirely different than before. I have seen some very inappropriate things transpire during grief and under extreme amounts of shock and/or stress.

That being said, I’m not saying this is the case here, just trying to maintain some objectivity.

All is simply my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member