GUILTY FL - Casei Jones, 32 & her four young children, murdered, Marion County, August 2019 *Arrest*

I'll be curious if LE ever determines what kind
of drugs he was tripping on.
One neighbor at the trailer said she observed him moving stuff out of the house onto the U-Haul at 2am.
It's commonly known that meth users do not
sleep at night and are often up all hours til
they crash.
I've heard of local meth users mowing their lawn at 3am. Neighbors were scratching their
heads, but the younger people knew...
Not that any drugs would be an excuse for what this guy did, but wondering how he could
be so out of it to keep his wife and kids' bodies
covered in maggots, laying in the back of his
wife's van while he drove around the state.
The interior of that van had to have been covered in hatching flies and anyone driving it also.
Will be interesting to see if he did anything to
cover up the smell since he parked the van somewhere for 7-8 weeks. Did no one notice
at the apt. complex where his ex-wife lived?
Just waiting for the 'rest of the story'.

Authorities are still waiting for the medical examiner to properly identify the bodies before further charges are brought against jones.

"As this develops and as this investigation goes along, and the autopsy results come in, we do fully expect to bring more charges against him for their deaths,” said Public Information Director with the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, Sgt. Paul Bloom.

https://www.wcjb.com/content/news/Michael-Jones-appears-in-court-for-the-murder-of-his-wife-and-children-560810761.html

He beat ALL of them to death with the baseball bat. ;(

Absolutely atrocious. Totally unfathomable.

Florida family found beaten
I'm wondering why that news station is reporting that. The Affidavit posted on pg. 17 only states he beat Casei with a bat and from what I've seen the kids haven't yet been positively ID'd and their autopsies aren't complete yet.

It seems like that news station is the only one reporting "All five were beaten to death." But, then I searched for other media sites reporting the same and found this title:

Florida family beaten to death with baseball bat: Sheriff

Then here is what is written when you read the article. It says only the mother.

"Sheriff's officials say a Florida woman who was found dead along with her four children in Georgia was beaten to death with a baseball bat."

I hope it is not true

Last edited:
It seems like that news station is the only one reporting "All five were beaten to death." But, then I searched for other media sites reporting the same and found this title:

Then here is what is written when you read the article. It says only the mother.

"Sheriff's officials say a Florida woman who was found dead along with her four children in Georgia was beaten to death with a baseball bat."

I hope it is not true

All of the ones reporting that are not local and are picking up some news feed that supplies the story so numerous outlets that likely belong to the same television ownership company all have the same erroneous story.

All of the ones reporting that are not local and are picking up some news feed that supplies the story so numerous outlets that likely belong to the same television ownership company all have the same erroneous story.

This is a horrible thing for a grandmother to read, I hope it’s not true and I hope the grandmother doesn’t read that.

Who releases COD etc when autopsies aren’t even complete? Bad media.

This is a horrible thing for a grandmother to read, I hope it’s not true and I hope the grandmother doesn’t read that.

Who releases COD etc when autopsies aren’t even complete? Bad media.
Well... it is fox. So or for the course.
I just shared because it popped up on another site I’m following the story with and it was shared by a lady quasi associated with the family

The Watts case is just so haunting too. I just can’t wrap my brain around it. I wonder if we share this planet with demons, like legit. We have to stay positive and keep up the good fight. But these families who have to deal with horrible crimes like these... it’s unimaginable for anyone on the outside. I wish there was something that could be done to end these types of crimes forever. ♥️

Here is the arrest affidavit.

Most important in the affidavit is that in Michael's confession he says he killed Casei on July 10th.

For future reference, did you use this site for finding the arrest affidavit and if so how did you find it. I'm putting in his name, and I only find court documents for his eviction.

Official Records Search - Marion County Clerk

Thanks in advance for your help or anybody else that knows the site and the case number to input to find the arrest affidavit and to follow the case online in the future, especially when more documentation for the children happens.

For future reference, did you use this site for finding the arrest affidavit and if so how did you find it. I'm putting in his name, and I only find court documents for his eviction.

Thanks in advance for your help or anybody else that knows the site and the case number to input to find the arrest affidavit and to follow the case online in the future, especially when more documentation for the children happens.
For everyone who is interested

From the link ... Take the Search menu at the top and choose Court Records
On Next Page choose Public
And on the next Choose Accept
On the search page enter Jones in the last name, Michael in the first name

(To avoid getting a number of other people named Michael Jones)
Set the the date range - set the start to 9/1/2019 and set the end to whatever today is

Set the option to Display cases rather than display names
Enter the Captcha
Hit Search

You should see one result for a Michael Wayne Jones from September 16th listed as a Felony.

JONES, MICHAEL WAYNE DEFENDANT 422019CF003487CFAXXX 09/16/2019 FELONY OPEN

The case number is a link - click that.
The docket opens up.
Any entry in the docket that has a document is shown with an icon at the left. Click on the icon to open the associated document.

Here is the arrest affidavit.

Most important in the affidavit is that in Michael's confession he says he killed Casei on July 10th.

Criminal cases are not in "official records".
Here is the link to Marion County Clerk of the Circuit Court, which includes online access to criminal cases:

https://www.civitekflorida.com/ocrs/county/42/

JONES, MICHAEL WAYNE
DEFENDANT
Event Date Judge Docket Type Location Prosecutor Defendant Attorney
10/22/2019 09:00 ROGERS, STEVEN G ARRAIGNMENT XX COURTROOM 2A SPIVEY, JOHN NEAL

Image Doc # Action Date Description Pages
23 09/26/2019 Judge: TATTI , ANTHONY MICHAEL Assigned
22 09/25/2019 ORDER OF ASSIGNMENT 1
21 09/25/2019 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE FILED BY PUBLIC DEFENDER 1
20 09/25/2019 WRITTEN PLEA OF NOT GUILTY 1
19 09/25/2019 NOTICE OF DISCOVERY 2
18 09/24/2019 CASE HISTORY WORKSHEET 1
15 09/24/2019 Event ARRAIGNMENT scheduled on 10/22/2019 at 0900 AM - Judge STEVEN ROGERS presiding.
14 09/24/2019 Event FIRST APPEARANCE scheduled on 09/19/2019 at 0930 AM - Judge ROBERT LANDT presiding.
17 09/19/2019 Compliance PAY FINE has been created with due date of 10/19/2019
16 09/19/2019 Assessment 1 assessed at sum $50.00

He beat ALL of them to death with the baseball bat. ;(

Absolutely atrocious. Totally unfathomable.

Florida family found beaten
How can someone do that. Rage is one thing but over and over and wee babies. Death is too good for this guy..

I often wonder how you can rest in peace after such violence. I so hope they can xxxx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back