Found Deceased GA - Melanie Steele, 24, car found abandoned, Savannah, 13 Sep 2019 *arrest*

Yes that is in Thunderbolt.
Hi seventytwo- welcome to WS!

The Thunderbolt boundary does not extend to Skidaway Road. Close, but Original Nancy’s Seafood Market is located at 2211 Skidaway Rd, zip 31404- Savannah, not Thunderbolt.

Just so y’all know, Savannah is alot like Manhattan- without the high-rises- in that your safety level can change literally by crossing a street. One block is “good/safe”, cross the street and you are in a COMPLETELY different ‘hood.

This patchwork quilt of micro hoods exists all over the Savannah metro area. Subsidized housing apartments a block away from million dollar renovated historic mansions. All throughout the city.

LE has still not released where in Thunderbolt MS’s car was located. No clue yet what all the pieces are- very close to the vest.

The news reported (story linked in the first post on the thread) that Melanie was arrested on September 4th. In re-examining that, because I had only looked at the docket dates not the actual documents, it turns out that she was charged in the filing on September 4th for an arrest that actually occurred on January 26th, 2019. She was not arrested on September 4th. However, an arrest warrant was issued on September 4th and from all appearances it is still active.

The news reported (story linked in the first post on the thread) that Melanie was arrested on September 4th. In re-examining that, because I had only looked at the docket dates not the actual documents, it turns out that she was charged in the filing on September 4th for an arrest that actually occurred on January 26th, 2019. She was not arrested on September 4th. However, an arrest warrant was issued on September 4th and from all appearances it is still active.
So the warrant was issued on the 4th, she’s at Motel 6 on the 13th & gone on the 14th? Where was she Sept 4-13?

Interesting update:

Husband is being held at the Cobb County jail (her mother mentioned this in a comment yesterday). I did an inmate search, and yeah, he's there, arrested on the 24th. Nothing related to Melanie's disappearance - YET.
He's bad, bad news and this isn't his first jail rodeo.

Also, his comments and his FB page are gone.
The Cobb County Jail is about 25ish miles from MS’s last known cell ping in Carrolton- right? And both about 240-255 miles from Savannah.

Did we ever learn the exact date/time of that last ping?

So the warrant was issued on the 4th, she’s at Motel 6 on the 13th & gone on the 14th? Where was she Sept 4-13?
Well her husband (maybe) is in jail because his probation was revoked on August 27th. It seems that both of them got out of town or at least were laying low. It would be useful to know when they had arrived in Savannah.

The “I woke up and my partner was gone, help!” Scenario is getting old. Yeah sure maybe once in awhile this is the case but... who leaves their new “husband” alone in a hotel room late at night and just vanishes? I’m not buying it.

Was her car released to her husband once it was found? I’m guessing that’s how he got back to Marietta/Cobb County?

(I’m assuming they rode together to Savannah for their honeymoon trip, taking separate cars would have been weird)

Good find- with slightly different info. Were they at Motel 6 (not on Abercorn) a motel in the 10600 section of Abercorn (reported to be where she was last seen- not where she was staying) OR at an Abercorn hotel near I-95 (not near Motel 6 or 10600 block). Either poor reporting, or lots of conflicting info.

From the article:
“Chris Steele is Melanie’s father, he told Fox 28 he spoke with his daughter September 12, the day before she vanished. He says Melanie told him she was with her husband Benjamin Goodman and that they were staying off Abercorn Street near I-95 at a motel.”

This hit my local news. I think the mother was worried Melanie's story wasn't getting enough publicity. We are in southwest Georgia.
Hopefully this is momentum.
Mother of missing Georgia woman speaks

WALB.com
I have theories I'm keeping to myself until I understand why they went to Savannah and the history of Melanie with this guy along with his own history.

Good find- with slightly different info. Were they at Motel 6 (not on Abercorn) a motel in the 10600 section of Abercorn (reported to be where she was last seen- not where she was staying) OR at an Abercorn hotel near I-95 (not near Motel 6 or 10600 block). Either poor reporting, or lots of conflicting info.

From the article:
“Chris Steele is Melanie’s father, he told Fox 28 he spoke with his daughter September 12, the day before she vanished. He says Melanie told him she was with her husband Benjamin Goodman and that they were staying off Abercorn Street near I-95 at a motel.”
10600 block is mostly apartments.

Moss Gate
10600 Abercorn Street
Timberland
10612 Abercorn Street

Both have terrible review - drugs/prostitution/roaches/bugs

The only motel in that block is an Suburban Extended Stay.

Her car was probably at one of the apartment complexes in that block of Abercorn.

10600 block is mostly apartments.

Moss Gate
10600 Abercorn Street
Timberland
10612 Abercorn Street

Both have terrible review - drugs/prostitution/roaches/bugs

The only motel in that block is an Suburban Extended Stay.

Her car was probably at one of the apartment complexes in that block of Abercorn.
One of the news stories I linked back in the thread said her car was recovered in Thunderbolt.

Her phone last pinged in Carrolton, GA, from what I've read, and that is local to me. Bad, bad meth problem out this way. Her husband is from Marietta, so I'm curious as to which state/city they were married in.
I have a bad feeling about this and I hope I'm wrong.
Hey my name is Chris Steele and I am Melanie father I just kind of stumbled onto this so if I make a mistake I'm knew he would just have to correct me but I noticed some of the information on here is wrong and the statement that the reporter took from me was pretty much wrong to so I don't know if there's anything I can do to help answer questions here that might possibly help find my baby but if I can I'm on Facebook as Chris Steele and if need be I can supply my phone number if there's anything you can do or someone you know on here can do to help I would appreciate it

Hey my name is Chris Steele and I am Melanie father I just kind of stumbled onto this so if I make a mistake I'm knew he would just have to correct me but I noticed some of the information on here is wrong and the statement that the reporter took from me was pretty much wrong to so I don't know if there's anything I can do to help answer questions here that might possibly help find my baby but if I can I'm on Facebook as Chris Steele and if need be I can supply my phone number if there's anything you can do or someone you know on here can do to help I would appreciate it
Hi Chris, Welcome, we here at WS are glad to have you here. I hate it is under such unfortunate circumstances. Websleuths asks that family members or anyone close to the case become a Verified Insider if they plan to post insider knowledge that is not backed up by mainstream media sources (MSM) Please follow the steps below to email your information to the WS team for verifictaion. This will allow you to post information on WS that you are aware regarding Melanie's missing person case.

"We only verify people who know the players or have been named in the media, etc. This does not include people who may befriend a player on internet social media and then wish to post about it.

If a member wants to post as a professional (a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email: wsverify@gmail.com

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

Thank you!"

It can take a while to be verified.
(Otherwise, all info you post here that cannot be verified by Mainstream Media sources is subject to removal by moderators of Websleuths.)

I've heard information about a phone pinging it's last location if the location was turned off on the device if it was broken or powered off, so I'm not sure how accurate the last known ping would be and that might justify why they are searching in Savannah but I'm not sure how any of that works. I'm sure more advanced technology outside of what just a user could access would offer more information.
MSM states Melanie and her husband were staying at the motel 6 on Stephenson off of Abercorn and her car was found on the other end of abercorn in a notoriously shady area of Savannah; the musical group outkast often reflects upon it in their music. Different news sources have said the car was found at an apartment complex there, but not sure the validity of that statement. The mother makes mention of video surveillance. MSM has stated Melanie spoke to her mother at 1030 pm and the husband called Melanie's mother and said she was missing at 130am. In my opinion that's a very small time window to recognize someone has gone missing, but perhaps he was asleep. Imo maybe she wanted to score some drugs but it was too shady for the husband and Melanie persisted and went alone? I have looked into the criminal record and convictions of the husband on the county website where they are from and it is a bit concerning. I've seen no one mention his record on other social media posts and imo that is probably for the best, especially after seeing the posts from the mom that I found off too. I think, possibly this is why Melanie's mom is making odd requests? Imo if law enforcement thinks he knows where she is but they don't have enough to do anything, it would be best if he never felt like he was a suspect. Imo, he may not be one after all. Imo, this is a very interesting case, I hope this case doesn't fall through the cracks and I hope she is found safe.
My name is Chris and I am Melanie father like you also hope this doesn't fall through the cracks and I hope she is found safe and soon I do need to let you know that about half of what you're reading is incorrect these people seem to be putting out stories they want to put out that benefit them Melanie was not staying at the Motel 6 on Stephenson she was at a Motel 6 in a much worse part of town at Highway 204 and I-95 and her car was found I believe it's about 12 miles away in Thunderbolt and just to let you know I would appreciate anything that anyone here can do to help find her

Welcome to WS Chaotic! We are glad you are here. This has to be so stressful for Melanie’s mom. If you want to become a Verified Insider, you can provide insider information if you think it might be helpful.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Hey my name is Chris and I am Melanie father and yes this is very hard on all of us I just wanted to let you guys know that I was in Savannah for two days and I drove through Thunderbolt and I believe that her car was put there I do not believe she parked it there

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back