GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall she testified she put her key in and realized the door was slightly ajar. So she pulled out her service revolver believing there was an intruder and pushed the door open with one hand.

At this point, if she realized someone was in her home, she should have called for backup. What if multiple people were inside waiting for her, or one person was waiting in ambush, or...?

okay - now I want to know (based on expert testimony) where they believe she was standing vs. Botham. If she shot him while he was sitting or getting up from the couch, then I believe the murder verdict would be just. Wantonly reckless comes to mind.

wanton

Amateur opinion and speculation

The medical examiner testified that the bullet entered his chest at a downward trajectory. He was a lot taller than she is, so for the angle to work he had to be sitting or at most just starting to rise.

Rivera and Guyger have more in common than sexting and having an affair. They have both shot unarmed men and killed them. Rivera shot and killed Brandon Washington over a candy bar.

"The night he was killed, Washington was suspected by a clerk of shoplifting a candy bar at a convenience store on Lake June Road in Pleasant Grove, according to news reports.

When Washington was slow to take his hands out of his pockets, Rivera shot him once in the head and leg, police records say. He died later.

No weapon was recovered from Washington, according to news reports at the time. The item in his pocket was a cellphone, his mother said."

Local activists call for re-investigating fatal shooting involving Amber Guyger's former police partner

Just horrible !

What was the "previous shooting incident"...I had not heard about this?

She and her partner/boyfriend/bootycall/someone else’s husband have each shot someone before. The partner shot and killed someone and she shot someone, fortunately he survived. They did say that he tried to grab her taser but hell, I can’t be sure of that with the way, she’s been on the stand just lying.

Only danger of not guilty verdict would be one hold out and I sure hope that does not happen.

You never know who is on the jury. We had people posting on here about how immoral he was for illegally smoking pot. Someone on that jury might sympathize with a good gal with a gun finding a large black man in her home and think, well, what are you supposed to do? Of course it would be assumed he's a threat. You have to neutralize such a threat. What else could she have done?

I'm scared of that. Injustice is too common when it comes to certain parts of our society.

At this point, if she realized someone was in her home, she should have called for backup. What if multiple people were inside waiting for her, or one person was waiting in ambush, or...?

Unless she walked in, realized he was no real threat, and shot him anyway.

When you aim at a target, you stop, grasp the gun, sight the target, pull the trigger. It is not split seconds. It is a deliberate process and action. That is murder to me.

Too bad AG was so focused on killing a man, instead of her surroundings.

Forgive me if this has already been brought up.
Were AG's deleted social media posts part of the trial or brought up at all by the prosecution?
Not sure if they were all posted by her or just liked by her, but IMO they show a glimpse into her state of mind and callousness towards another life.

Here's a few snippets for anyone not familiar with more details in the link.

"People are so ungrateful, no one ever thanks me for having the patience not to kill them"

"I wear all black to remind you not to mess with me, because I'm already dressed for your funeral"

"Stay low, go fast, kill first, die last, one shot, one kill, all luck, no skill"

Check Out What Appears To Be Amber Guyger's Pinterest Account

I don't think they have been and I don't know that the judge would allow them. Possibly in sentencing phase if ever.

The difference is:
You carry and hope you never have to shoot.
Amber was carrying hoping for the chance to shoot.

But those social media quotes above certainly prove this post, IMO.

Well the state is not questioning her stance that she didn't know she was at the wrong apartment. They're questioning whether that was a reasonable mistake to make. And their assessment is that no- she was unreasonably distracted and had she not been, she would've likely realized her mistake.

The state is asking ‘how could you not see the red carpet, how could you not smell the marijuana, how could you not see the plant wasn’t there, how could you not tell the furniture and organization was diff from yours?’ I mean.... you can parse my words but I’m asking the same questions.

I never claimed state is saying she intentionally walked into the wrong door. I am fully aware of their argument. What I am saying is that the foundation is there in the state’s case for a lay person to ask that question.

I can’t fathom that someone would be that distracted. I can’t fathom how someone who perceives danger is not quickly “awoken” from whatever “fog” they were in.

Again, this is all just my opinion and perspective. We can agree to disagree bc I feel like we’re going in circles.

I have not felt sorry for amber one bit .. I could care less if it was an accident or not. She’s shown no remorse for human life.

To me, you should have seen the signs. You admitted to murder when you said you saw the door ajar, and that you was completely aware of it and also when you heard movements in the apartment.

She also knew maintenance was supposed to be coming that week, I get that most people would think that would be during the day but how can you be sure. What would this case look lf it really was her apartment and she killed the maintenance man? Pulling you gun out and killing someone is a reckless move.

IMO, the investigation was biased from the start, LE cannot be trusted to investigate one of their own. The small amount of evidence that was collected must be viewed skeptically, and in the light most favorable for the prosecution.

AG, is obviously lying about the positioning stance of Jean, when shot, the trajectory of the bullets prove this. So, if she’s lying about this then what else is she lying about? A conviction of murder is the proper and just verdict.

Last edited:
okay - now I want to know (based on expert testimony) where they believe she was standing vs. Botham. If she shot him while he was sitting or getting up from the couch, then I believe the murder verdict would be just. Wantonly reckless comes to mind.

wanton

Amateur opinion and speculation

IIRC she was just inside or at the door. I don't think the evidence showed he had moved away from the couch. Just that he had either started to rise or crouched down in fear.

Someone help us out with the facts.

Exactly. And they need to pile drive that point home in closing because that's one of the main factors proving what she did was unreasonable. It was totally against her department's protocol. And that's important because the Castle Doctrine might make the very same actions if they were on the part of non-law enforcement, reasonable, in the state of Texas (the shooting without retreating part).

She and her partner/boyfriend/bootycall/someone else’s husband have each shot someone before. The partner shot and killed someone and she shot someone, fortunately he survived. They did say that he tried to grab her taser but hell, I can’t be sure of that with the way, she’s been on the stand just lying.

Oh my gosh. I hadn't thought of that. It's true.

Not that I care or anything, but the defense team is so wack. I’m not a lawyer but me and my husband watched her testimony again there were plenty of times that I felt like her lawyer should have objected multiple times. Instead, he just let Jason Hermus to crush her into pieces and expose her. IMO

Defense was better of not putting her on the stand. I get that they wanted her to not look like a bad person but honestly, it was a terrible decision.

Unless she walked in, realized he was no real threat, and shot him anyway.

When you aim at a target, you stop, grasp the gun, sight the target, pull the trigger. It is not split seconds. It is a deliberate process and action. That is murder to me.

Too bad AG was so focused on killing a man, instead of her surroundings.

Yeah and based on her social media posts, that may be what happened.

With cops like this I'd prefer to deal with criminals?

The state is asking ‘how could you not see the red carpet, how could you not smell the marijuana, how could you not see the plant wasn’t there, how could you not tell the furniture and organization was diff from yours?’ I mean.... you can parse my words but I’m asking the same questions.

I never claimed state is saying she intentionally walked into the wrong door. I am fully aware of their argument. What I am saying is that the foundation is there in the state’s case for a lay person to ask that question.

I can’t fathom that someone would be that distracted. I can’t fathom how someone who perceives danger is not quickly “awoken” from whatever “fog” they were in.

Again, this is all just my opinion and perspective. We can agree to disagree bc I feel like we’re going in circles.

Got you. It's just that earlier you were definitive in stating that indeed the state was taking that tack.

HORRID times a hundred that she said
- this isn’t about hate - (as she looks out in BJ family direction) -it’s about being scared”- .
I wasnt even in court & I saw what she was doing.If she or the defense think that was smart ..Wow they deserve what she gets is all I gotta say ...

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member