GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Would any autopsy only take so long if there were multiple injuries present or the indiction of a current injury and also many past injuries? Or do some just take this long, depending on where they are done and other circumstances, even when someone just drowns, dies by accident, or the cause of death can be immediately known? What is the average time of a typical autopsy compared with to one foul play? Is this one taking so long because it may involve foul play? Just from any previous cases, does any one know if waiting on DNA results from a body make it last longer? Just asking about the lengths of autopsies and what can make them vary in time, not just in this case, but any. It feels like I don't recall any without foul play that take this long. Just my own observation, of course.

They will wait for the toxicology before finalizing any autopsy. So if there is an obvious stabbing, shooting, strangling they might release that before. However, the cause of death wouldn't be final until all testing is done. So I would expect at least 8 weeks.

Would any autopsy only take so long if there were multiple injuries present or the indiction of a current injury and also many past injuries? Or do some just take this long, depending on where they are done and other circumstances, even when someone just drowns, dies by accident, or the cause of death can be immediately known? What is the average time of a typical autopsy compared with to one foul play? Is this one taking so long because it may involve foul play? Just from any previous cases, does any one know if waiting on DNA results from a body make it last longer? Just asking about the lengths of autopsies and what can make them vary in time, not just in this case, but any. It feels like I don't recall any without foul play that take this long. Just my own observation, of course.
This is not a long time at all. If we hear results in the next month, that would be quick to me, in comparison to other cases. MOO

:eek:
They will wait for the toxicology before finalizing any autopsy. So if there is an obvious stabbing, shooting, strangling they might release that before. However, the cause of death wouldn't be final until all testing is done. So I would expect at least 8 weeks.
bbm
Yep, it's the tox report that slows down the finalization of the autopsy. Tox tests can take weeks, just like you said @MsFacetious. :) It's always very frustrating for us WS'ers.
I hope they will be able to figure out if it was drowning and if it was murder. I don't know how they can tell the difference between someone drowning a victim and just a "natural" drowning, but I hope they can.

Well there's the obvious drowned in a bathtub, thrown in a river - different water issue.
Or bruises consistent with fighting back against a person drowning them.
If someone just put a person in the river knowing they couldn't swim.... no, that wouldn't be distinguishable.

Last edited:
Well there's the obvious drowned in a bathtub, thrown in a river - different water issue.
Or bruises consistent with fighting back against a person drowning them.
If someone just put a person in the river knowing they couldn't swim.... no, that wouldn't be distinguishable.
Wondering if they ever test the water in the lungs vs. the water where a deceased person was found to see if they had been drowned in a bathtub? I feel like the only way you could tell the if this had happened is the different particles found within the lungs while the victim was still alive and able to inhale

Wondering if they ever test the water in the lungs vs. the water where a deceased person was found to see if they had been drowned in a bathtub? I feel like the only way you could tell the if this had happened is the different particles found within the lungs while the victim was still alive and able to inhale

I think they always do this.

I think they always do this.
Yes, they just did this in the 'drowning' case of the little boy Noah, found , deceased, in an apartment swimming pool. Sounded as though his angry parents were going to sue the complex for not preventing their poor child from climbing the fence and drowning.

But the ME checked his lungs, and he didn't have any pool water in his lungs, in the amount expected in a drowning. Turned out he was killed before being placed in the pool. [parents have been arrested...:mad:]

Parents Arrested in Death of 4-Year-Old Palmdale Boy ...

https://www.nbclosangeles.com › news › local › Palmdale-Boy-Death-Noa...
3 days ago - The arrest comes more than two months after the parents of Noah Cuatro told deputies that the boy drowned at their apartment complex pool.

Yes, they just did this in the 'drowning' case of the little boy Noah, found , deceased, in an apartment swimming pool. Sounded as though his angry parents were going to sue the complex for not preventing their poor child from climbing the fence and drowning.

But the ME checked his lungs, and he didn't have any pool water in his lungs, in the amount expected in a drowning. Turned out he was killed before being placed in the pool. [parents have been arrested...:mad:]

Parents Arrested in Death of 4-Year-Old Palmdale Boy ...

https://www.nbclosangeles.com › news › local › Palmdale-Boy-Death-Noa...
3 days ago - The arrest comes more than two months after the parents of Noah Cuatro told deputies that the boy drowned at their apartment complex pool.

Well, just damm. Glad they are under arrest. Murder and possibly attempting to perpetrate a fraud. And how many of us are surprised about this type thing?? :mad: It never stops.

Last edited:
I sure hope something is happening behind the scenes.

I'd like to know why she wasn't reported missing by whomever was watching her while Mom was at work.

Supposedly the boyfriend , whose house she was last seen at, was surprised when her mother came to pick her up after work. He said he thought someone from her family had come and picked her up. [according to what mom said on the 911 call]

I'd like to know if that makes sense....would someone come pick up a 5 yr old and not tell the other adults they were taking her?

And if you noticed the 5 yr old was gone from your home, would you assume some aunt or grandma picked her up, and not worry, or would you call to confirm?

I sure hope something is happening behind the scenes.

I'd like to know why she wasn't reported missing by whomever was watching her while Mom was at work.

Supposedly the boyfriend , whose house she was last seen at, was surprised when her mother came to pick her up after work. He said he thought someone from her family had come and picked her up. [according to what mom said on the 911 call]

I'd like to know if that makes sense....would someone come pick up a 5 yr old and not tell the other adults they were taking her?

And if you noticed the 5 yr old was gone from your home, would you assume some aunt or grandma picked her up, and not worry, or would you call to confirm?
It doesn't make sense to me. Nobody is taking kids from my house without telling me so if there's a child missing, I'm calling 911. We don't have any custody issues or domestic violence going on though... MOO

Hmmm, the boyfriend's excuse (?) for the child not being there is pretty weak, IMO. It's possible it happened that way, but not very freakin' likely. SMH.

WTH is it with these boyfriends??? Grrrr.

The only way I could believe that excuse was if it was a standard thing that the grandma picked the child up at his home each time, and it was the regular routine. MAYBE I could understand his reaction then.

OR if RC's mom said to him, my sister will pick her up at lunchtime. MAYBE I could understand why he thought that's where the child was.

But I still don't understand why he didn't confirm with someone, if they didn't tell him they were talking her. Who does that?

Who takes a child from the front yard and doesn't tell the adult at home? It's hard to get past that.

His story seems very shaky, imo.

When it’s not your bio child, you’re extremely irresponsible and/or uncaring and the family is large, complicated and maybe contentious/bad at communication etc. i can see this happening. No excuse at all but he might *just* be a terrible parent.
No matter what happened, I think he should be charged with some sort of neglect at the very least.

OCT 2, updated OCT 3, 2019
911 calls released in Renezmae Calzada disappearance, death case
[...]

Dispatch: “Central dispatch, how can I help you?”

Maestas: “Yes, hi. I need help, my daughter is missing.”

[...]

Dispatch: “Your daughter is what?”

Maestas: “My daughter is missing.”

[...]

Maestas: “I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe.”

[...]

Maestas: “She was with her dad and he can’t find her.”

[...]

Maestas: “He said he thought maybe my family had picked her up.”

But people who were in contact with Torres said he told them he did call police that morning. Dispatch call logs don’t reflect that.

Officer: “He’s advising that he did call, but nobody showed up.”

[...]

OCT 2, updated OCT 3, 2019
911 calls released in Renezmae Calzada disappearance, death case
[...]

Dispatch: “Central dispatch, how can I help you?”

Maestas: “Yes, hi. I need help, my daughter is missing.”

[...]

Dispatch: “Your daughter is what?”

Maestas: “My daughter is missing.”

[...]

Maestas: “I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe.”

[...]

Maestas: “She was with her dad and he can’t find her.”

[...]

Maestas: “He said he thought maybe my family had picked her up.”

But people who were in contact with Torres said he told them he did call police that morning. Dispatch call logs don’t reflect that.

Officer: “He’s advising that he did call, but nobody showed up.”

[...]

hmm IF he did call there should be a record of it - the phone he used, the incoming dispatch - etc. Now if he did not call, that makes me very suspicious of the circumstances IMO.

hmm IF he did call there should be a record of it - the phone he used, the incoming dispatch - etc. Now if he did not call, that makes me very suspicious of the circumstances IMO.
Agreed, and it's not on the dispatch log, so...? Do people call the non-emergency number when a child is missing? :confused: I think not! MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back