Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM, Wouldn't CO be well aware of those things as a reporter?

I think, I’m general, CO would run everything like that by her / or The Australian’s legal team prior to print as I do know she has said that her podcast episodes had been “signed off” by her legal team prior to their release....,

But I am not the person to ask re the suppression
Part of the question or even if it was suppressed

You may wish to note that the inquest was suddenly suspended on the day after a full day of the inquest suddenly not (publicly) hearing any witnesses ... not closed court, just the Coroner saying they would resume on the Wednesday.

Aug 22 - Geoff Owen (in Taree)
Aug 25 - Margaret Spedding (in Sydney)
Aug 25 - Bill Spedding
Aug 26 - no testimony (publicly) heard
Aug 27 - Ronald Chapman
Aug 27 - Katrina Cherry
Aug 27 - inquest suddenly suspended

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 27
Counsel assisting Gerard Craddock SC just told the court the inquest will be suspended now and resume in March 2020... taking a six month break between hearings. @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 27
The coroner told the court she understood it “will be frustrating for some” but there are “reasons for it”. It will resume in Taree on March 9, 2020. @10NewsFirst
Catching up again, (so I will delete if already covered), but my notes are saying that Ron Chapman and Katrina Cherry both testified on August 28th, and inquest ended on that day.
This seems to be backed up with this article:

After Mr Chapman gave evidence on Wednesday, the counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock, made a plea for additional information.

"If there is a lady out there who was driving a ... car with a child in the car, we do want that person to come forward," he said.

Mr Craddock's request brought the inquest to a close for 2019. It's set to resume in March 2020."

Woman seen with child day Tyrrell taken

Catching up again, (so I will delete if already covered), but my notes are saying that Ron Chapman and Katrina Cherry both testified on August 28th, and inquest ended on that day.
This seems to be backed up with this article:

After Mr Chapman gave evidence on Wednesday, the counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock, made a plea for additional information.

"If there is a lady out there who was driving a ... car with a child in the car, we do want that person to come forward," he said.

Mr Craddock's request brought the inquest to a close for 2019. It's set to resume in March 2020."

Woman seen with child day Tyrrell taken

Yes, I know. See my post #1210.

Just wanted to note a couple of things:

1. It was said (reported by another newspaper) that the info regarding the timestamp being tested was an 'exclusive' to The Australian; so it would seem that any reports from other newspapers were piggybacking on The Australian's info:

"The image has a 'created time' of 7.39am and a 'corrected time' of 9.37am, a new document from the 2000-page evidence brief obtained by The Australian shows."
Why the last photo of William Tyrrell in his Spiderman suit could hold the key to solving mystery | Daily Mail Online

"A report obtained by the Australian shows a created time for the image at 7.39am, but then a corrected time of 9.37am."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/last-known-photo-of-william-tyrrell-to-be-forensically-examined/ar-AAGEScJ?li=AAgfIYZ&ocid=mailsignout

"The Australian has reported that there is confusion over the digital time stamp of the photo after a new document in the 2000-page evidence brief listed a "created time" for the image of 7:39 am, and a "corrected time" of 9:37am."
Doubts raised over critical last photo of William Tyrrell

"In an exclusive story, The Australian revealed that the currently halted inquest will now conduct an urgent forensic examination of the photograph."
Mystery over last photo of William Tyrrell

2. According to The Australian's article, posted by SouthAussie above, it said, "In the extract, from August 28,.." - does this mean that this talk surrounding the photo timestamp was not 'heard' by those in attendance at court that day, but was heard during the recorded transcript of the court session for that day? I know that news organizations have the ability (and the funds) to pay for the recorded transcripts of court sessions here,.. is it perhaps the same there? That may explain why this wasn't heard by any of the attendees at the time?? ie maybe not loud enough to have heard it until heard on the recording??

3. According to same article posted by SouthAussie above, it said Swift's application (whatever her application *was*) was not dealt with that day:

“I’ve just been reminded there was going to be an application by Ms (Michelle) Swift (who represents William’s biological father) today. We’re not going to deal with that today because we need to obtain some further evidence which will relate to that application.”

The coroner, Harriet Grahame, replied: “Yes, I think it’s important that that’s dealt with in detail, and we do need that further statement. It’s important.”

Ms Swift then said: “Certainly … and if I can park that application until later.”

Ms Grahame interjected: “I’m aware of what the application is. I think it’s important we’re pursuing it, and we’ll come back to it.”

Mr Craddock then said: “We’re going to be obtaining some expert evidence that’s going to deal with that issue, amongst other things.”"

To me, it sounds like whatever Swift's application *was*, it was not known to anyone other than Swift, the Coroner, and her assistant; and that this application has been left for the next tranche? imo.

4. It seems that these photographs from that morning *had* been previously forensically examined, perhaps by police using a specialized software. Anyone's guess is as good as mine as to why the times are now in question. My guess however, is that perhaps nobody *had* changed the times on them, and instead, the corrected times were calculated BY the police after utilizing the forensic software (or another specialized company who uses this software perhaps, except it may have mentioned the name of the firm if that were the case?) - however, perhaps they failed to also note why or how they came up with the corrected times, or the reasoning for why the two times are different in each photo, and therefore police were not able to answer to that, hence the Coroner's request for an independent forensic review of them?

"The report by X-Ways forensic software reads: “Created 12/09/2014 07:39:54 Corrected time: 12/09/2014 09:37:44”."
Mystery over last photo of William Tyrrell

X-Ways Forensics: Integrated Computer Forensics Software

5. Articles suggest it was a 'newly revealed document' obtained by The Australian from the 'brief of evidence'. If The Australian obtained the document illegally and/or published against orders, this document from the bios or their associates (or anyone else for that matter) as some here seem to be suggesting, I doubt if The Australian would be announcing it (or publishing it, for that matter)?

But a newly revealed document from the inquest’s brief of evidence, obtained by The Australian, says the jpeg photograph was “created” at 7.30am and “corrected” at 9.37am.
the time stamp on the picture was now under urgent forensic examination

Another article seems to have published the document showing the photos and their timestamps (presumably 'the newly revealed document' obtained by The Australian) (Can't say if these photos were published same day as the article, or if edited to add them later on, when other news agencies published them?):

"The photographs, tendered as exhibits to the inquest into his disappearance....
The five photographs, ... were shot over two minutes and 39 seconds.

But the first three, in which William is photographed from more of a distance, were taken within a 23-second period, allegedly by William’s foster mother.

For the next two photographs, the foster mother appears to have been crouching down in front of William,....

Fifteen seconds later, he is roaring into the camera."
Never-before-seen pics from day William vanished

'The Australian has reported that there is confusion over the digital time stamp of the photo after a new document in the 2000-page evidence brief listed a "created time" for the image of 7:39 am, and a "corrected time" of 9:37am."
Doubts raised over critical last photo of William Tyrrell

In the end, I'm wondering if The Australian listened to a recorded transcript of the Aug 28th session of the Inquest, heard those parts, asked about them, were told of the discrepancies on the photos document, and asked the Coroner for a copy? That may explain why it took a few more days (3?) to publish the article?

Mr Craddock then said: “We’re going to be obtaining some expert evidence that’s going to deal with that issue, amongst other things.”"

@deugirtni well thought out and written post re the time stamp above... thankyou ...

This part is very interesting too - I wonder what the “other things” are, that they are seeking “expert advise” for???

Sorry Doc, I meant to add that I was just trying to understand the timing & scheme of things that day.

Re possible reasons for what IMO appeared to be a sudden adjournment..
Eg.
Was it something KC said
Was it something someone else
Was it something discovered elsewhere
Was it as a result of an application
Or was it planned all along to end at this time on this day

Thanks everyone for your input, I so hope we can help William

Was it something KC said..............I don't think so
Was it something someone else ( said ) ............could be?
Was it something discovered elsewhere...........maybe& more likely IMO
Was it as a result of an application...........don't think so ?
Or was it planned all along to end at this time on this day.............who knows :rolleyes:

So sorry Warsh, not much help am I :D

I don't think the adjournment had anything to do with KC's evidence thou IMO

I think, I’m general, CO would run everything like that by her / or The Australian’s legal team prior to print as I do know she has said that her podcast episodes had been “signed off” by her legal team prior to their release....,

But I am not the person to ask re the suppression
Part of the question or even if it was suppressed
BBM, Yeah i wouldn't know either. Agree with the rest of your post re MSM's legal team.

I'm still thinking about PS and the recent revelation that he was the subject of an AVO for stalking the post lady (yawn if you need to :rolleyes:)

From my (limited) understanding, being the subject of an AVO does not give you a criminal record but if you are charged with breaching an AVO, it MAY be added.

The article below suggests PS breached the AVO taken out against him. Im guessing that means he *might* have that listed on his record but it's also possible that it wasn't.

So... I'm wondering why these details are suddenly out in the public domain. Was there a supression order before? Was the AVO discussed in open sessions of the inquest and therefore can now be reported?

Does anyone know?

Revealed: Man Questioned Over William Tyrrell Breached Restraining Order

NSW ~ Apprehended Violence Orders

I'm still thinking about PS and the recent revelation that he was the subject of an AVO for stalking the post lady (yawn if you need to :rolleyes:)

From my (limited) understanding, being the subject of an AVO does not give you a criminal record but if you are charged with breaching an AVO, it MAY be added.

The article below suggests PS breached the AVO taken out against him. Im guessing that means he *might* have that listed on his record but it's also possible that it wasn't.

So... I'm wondering why these details are suddenly out in the public domain. Was there a supression order before? Was the AVO discussed in open sessions of the inquest and therefore can now be reported?

Does anyone know?

Nothing at all discussed about PS's AVO in open court ( but he did have about 1 1/2 hrs closed court :eek:;))

No they aren't ........
Ok... so these allegations weren't discussed in open court sessions.

And if they were discussed in a closed session, media weren't there...

Is it safe to suggest that the information was released by Police?

Is there any significance of the timing of the release of this information?

Sorry, Dr Sleuth, I replied to you but I'm really asking anyone for input.

No idea why that information was released in regard to PS & the AVO? How long ago was that anyway, and how does it pertain to anything now i wonder?
I find the closed court hearing interesting though. Not sure why they would have to have a closed court hearing with PS? What are the reasons for that? Did he have sensitive information to tell that couldn't be addressed in open court for whatever reason and the Coroner needed further information from him privately?

Well, it was a 10News exclusive ... so who has been speaking with Lia Harris? We know FM has. And we can tell by the video in the link in soso's post (linked below) that Lia tried to follow up with Paul Savage.

Could go somewhat towards FGM knowing about the AVO, and perhaps helping the postal worker in some way.

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #46

Does anyone know?

Yes @Ms Kite you are correct as far I know .... Avo is not criminal matter unless charged with a breach ... if you search the criminal offence data base PS is not listed .... so as was never charged there is no breach .... @Cleaver Greene can probably better explain this ...
Another example of the media getting the technicalities wrong ... IMO

No idea why that information was released in regard to PS & the AVO? How long ago was that anyway, and how does it pertain to anything now i wonder?
I find the closed court hearing interesting though. Not sure why they would have to have a closed court hearing with PS? What are the reasons for that? Did he have sensitive information to tell that couldn't be addressed in open court for whatever reason and the Coroner needed further information from him privately?
The AVO was initially taken out 'late 2013' and allegedly breached in Feb 2014. I think it provides an insight into what his state of mind might have looked like in the lead up to William's disappearance.

It could be purely coincidental too that this info was released on the evening before the 5th anniversary of his disappearance.

The AVO was initially taken out 'late 2013' and allegedly breached in Feb 2014. I think it provides an insight into what his state of mind might have looked like in the lead up to William's disappearance.

It could be purely coincidental too that this info was released on the evening before the 5th anniversary of his disappearance.

And .... straight after the investigation into the photo meta data investigation was made public .... like Network 10 wont be outdone by The Australian.... IMO...

I think in retrospect the released the info on Abbott and then PS ...

Last edited:
Yes @Ms Kite you are correct as far I know .... Avo is not criminal matter unless charged with a breach ... if you search the criminal offence data base PS is not listed .... so as was never charged there is no breach .... @Cleaver Greene can probably better explain this ...
Another example of the media getting the technicalities wrong ... IMO
The data on this site is only from august 2014 ..........

our data

And .... straight after the investigation into the photo meta data investigation was made public .... like Network 10 wont be outdone by The Australian.... IMO...
I see what you are saying but IMO the meta data/ time stamp issue is a technicality that needs to be sorted out to provide a more accurate window of opportunity. I don't think there is any real controversy though.

It was also spoken of in Lia's podcast called Five Long Years.

I wonder if the foster family are doing all they can, behind the scene, to getting some information out there. Information that they think is important.

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member