GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court TV reporter at the court house said a bit ago that the jury was still at lunch and no deliberations yet.

Hello,

Do you have a link for them - Court TV ? The live stream link did not work for me.

Thank you!

This is way beyond negligent homicide. Perhaps, if she was cleaning her service weapon and it accidently fired, the bullet going through her ceiling, striking and killing Jean, then negligent homicide may apply, but not this.

I was confused about the differences of criminal negligence vs manslaughter until I found this:

Criminally Negligent Homicide vs. Manslaughter
Criminally negligent homicide is similar to another criminal offense known as manslaughter. In terms of punishment, criminally negligent homicide is not as severe as manslaughter. However, these two charges share some characteristics.

For example, they both involve the killing of another person without the element of premeditation. Manslaughter, however, refers to the death of another person caused by recklessness. A person who commits a “heat of passion” killing may be charged with manslaughter because they acted with disregard for another person’s life, even though they did not plan to. Also, a person who fires a gun randomly and kills another person may be charged with manslaughter because they recklessly disregarded gun safety.

Criminally negligent homicide is a distinct charge because it refers to a death that is caused by a person who omitted certain actions even though they should know better. For example, a person who fails to help a person that they have injured may be charged with this offense if that person dies as a result of their injury.

Criminally Negligent Homicide in Texas: Laws and Consequences

Murder for me-1. She simply could have backed out
2. She did nothing to help him
I would go for Manslaughter as I think the homicide was fundamentally an accident.

The failure to give prompt assistance could then be used to support a stronger sentence.

As the end of the day, murder to me is very deliberate regarding the totality of the situation, not just pointing the weapon and pulling the trigger.

Thus, unless the State could show that she sought out a confrontation, or that she was strongly predisposed to shoot somebody ie “locked, cocked and looking for an excuse” type mentality, I would tilt towards manslaughter.

I would go for Manslaughter as I think the homicide was fundamentally an accident.

The failure to give prompt assistance could then be used to support a stronger sentence.

As the end of the day, murder to me is very deliberate regarding the totality of the situation, not just pointing the weapon and pulling the trigger.

Thus, unless the State could show that she sought out a confrontation, or that she was strongly predisposed to shoot somebody ie “locked, cocked and looking for an excuse” type mentality, I would tilt towards manslaughter.
I think they did show she sought out a confrontation. She heard someone moving around in that apt from outside the door and chose to go in.

her SM proved that !!

I think the state showing he was no threat to her when she was at the door but she decided to engage is the most powerful case for a murder conviction. Technically she wasn’t even in her “castle” by her own testimony.

Today in closing was the first time I heard it mentioned, but I remembered seeing it in the photos. ( left side in the corner). He made an excellent point with bringing that up in response to defense asserting that Bo was standing way back by the patio door!

That photo!
Omg the bat was basically right across from him! He never made it away from that couch!
I really do feel like AG lying about
Bo charging at her is the lowest place she could sink ,IMO , even lower than murder...possibly her motive to not render aid.
Only one person left to tell the story.

Praying for justice!
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics