GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know America has serious issues. I won't go into all them, because I don't want a time out and I don't want the thread shut down. We all know they exist, some on a more intimate level than others. But this case. THIS one. If she walks. I cannot believe anything less than our country is irrevocably broken and there is no place to go from here. It would end my belief in justice for certain people being attainable. I would fully believe that our country doesn't just systematically disadvantage people, but it systematically despises certain people and sees nothing of worth in them.

I just want to believe better. Even with the raging issues, I want to believe in hope. She walks...I'm done. I can't.
This is exactly how I feel (( hugs))

If the Judge didn’t allow for the Castle Doctrine defense, does anyone think that could have been grounds for an appeal? Just a thought.

Apparently in TX, yes. The way their law is written. Seems the judge's hands were somewhat tied. But it gives her an out IMO. I didn't realize that at first.

I know America has serious issues. I won't go into all them, because I don't want a time out and I don't want the thread shut down. We all know they exist, some on a more intimate level than others. But this case. THIS one. If she walks. I cannot believe anything less than our country is irrevocably broken and there is no place to go from here. It would end my belief in justice for certain people being attainable. I would fully believe that our country doesn't just systematically disadvantage people, but it systematically despises certain people and sees nothing of worth in them.

I just want to believe better. Even with the raging issues, I want to believe in hope. She walks...I'm done. I can't.
What two questions? I am working so I can't be on here much today.

They wanted to know more about manslaughter and castle doctrine... judge said that she wasn’t going to elaborate and to use the info they were given

It's just the facts. Him in his underwear and trying to enjoy his privacy eating ice cream. Her executing him. I'm just emotional. The makeup of him vs the makeup of her. Her walking establishes the privileges in our country being ultimate. IMO. I'm just scared.

Any movement on the case?

Thank you. Yes I believe it's clear she made a mistake but one thing though- I think her mistake about her apartment alone was unreasonable. Because she is LE in uniform carrying a loaded weapon. So while others may reasonably get distracted and almost or actually enter another's apartment, she had no right getting that distracted while carrying a loaded weapon. It's not reasonable for someone with that responsibility to be that distracted.

So for me the question in part of whether it is a reasonable mistake for a person with a loaded gun to enter the wrong apartment.

Then of course we go to what happened next. (Pulling out the gun. Not retreating or calling for back up, shooting immediately despite all the signs, etc.).

I do not think it was reasonable for her to shoot him.

It's just the facts. Him in his underwear and trying to enjoy his privacy eating ice cream. Her executing him. I'm just emotional. The makeup of him vs the makeup of her. Her walking establishes the privileges in our country being ultimate. IMO. I'm just scared.

Scared sad angry and very very hopeless , ill buy the tissues and I'm with you I'm just done.

I’m hoping those two questions were clarifications to walk away from them.
they were definitions of castle doctrine and manslaughter...in other words what that tells me...confusing for lay people and murder is probably off the table. Judge could offer no further clarification to them.

I pray for peace for you. I have great faith in our justice system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend