GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I was having a conversation about this. I despise her actions and lack of action. But hate her? That's a lot to carry.

And based on his faith, many of us are certain Bo Jean would have and has forgiven her.

Accountability is a different matter and I'm so happy for justice today.

I believe so, too. I don't believe his family would hate her. I have no right to hate. But I do believe she deserves this punishment and accountability for it. But no hate from here.

People are going to be disappointed if she does not get convicted for muder.
SOME people, you mean. I am "people" and I am horrified this was ever charged as a murder given all the case law, precedents and judicial opinions. I would have been pleased with no criminal charges and leave the case in the civil court for wrongful death. The murder charge was totally political and nothing in the presented prosecution case supports it IMO. All MOO.

I can't see her face. Seems to me she is doing a mere snif snif dab dab.

I could see her from the side before the lawyers stepped away and the office was blocking. She was visibly shaking and beginning to cry. I don't think it was just a sniff. She physically totally changed. Not that it matters. It's a huge moment and I don't think reactions can be predicted.

I so often feel for these people that come from other countries where justice is sometimes very elusive and live good lives here in US only to have this happen and potentially not get justice here either. Mr Jean was an extraordinary young man who was working in a great job for a very highly regarded firm...a job many would want but few can get...doing nothing but sitting in his apartment. And while the light is on the South Side Flats right now...this is the way millions of apartments in our country are being built...every floor and apt. look the same and subtle lighting means cues can be missed.

I disagree. I live in an apartment, on the 2nd floor. The hall outside is lit up, I walk up those stairs every day, and because of this case, I noticed that I look at the number "6" while putting my key in the door.

It is my opinion, she had to BE EXTREMELY DISTRACTED to walk up to the wrong door!

In any case, she should have retreated once she entered. IMO

I am hoping for a murder conviction. If she wasn't a cop, that would be pretty likely.
IMO

SOME people, you mean. I am "people" and I am horrified this was ever charged as a murder given all the case law, precedents and judicial opinions. I would have been pleased with no criminal charges and leave the case in the civil court for wrongful death. The murder charge was totally political and nothing in the presented prosecution case supports it IMO. All MOO.

Respectfully have to disagree with you--- i was thinking manslaughter----am glad to Castle Doctrine was not perverted into letting this woman walk away from what she did.I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that the murder charge was totally political but of course you are entitled, as we all are, to your opinion. I did not expect she would be guilty of murder but I am pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975