GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
She just worked a 13hour exhausting shift, it could also play a factor in her actions.

I think there is a reason why this wasn't fought for all that hard by the defense. The prosecution could have easily brought up the hundreds and thousands of tired police officers over the years that did not shoot someone in their own apartment. Literally...every cop works these shifts. Her exhaustion is not special for the job.

It
I think there is a reason why this wasn't fought for all that hard by the defense. The prosecution could have easily brought up the hundreds and thousands of tired police officers over the years that did not shoot someone in their own apartment. Literally...every cop works these shifts. Her exhaustion is not special for the job.
will be a major factor in her sentencing.

Reactions: byo
Well, here in Texas, you kill somebody....we kill you back. Unfortunately, for those hoping for public hanging or lethal injection for AG, this was not a death penalty case. So, best you can get is life w/o parole or 99 years I think. Maybe some torture since she’s a former LE. Too bad Casey Anthony didn’t have this jury.....

Oh I didn't mean she should be put to death. I meant she should spend the rest of her life in prison, no parole. I agree with you, it is too bad CA didn't have this jury.

I always understood that SHE was in the wrong apartment. I was stating it from her point of view which is why i disagree with a murder charge. Though i do think she was wrong and should be found guilty of manslaughter and should serve jail time. She took an innocent life regardless of the situation.
AG's point of view was as a police officer. Her gender is irrelevant. The concept of equal pay for equal work means the job performance expectations are the same for police officers no matter the gender or the race of the defendant or the victim.

JMO

Guyger’s defense returned repeatedly to her exhaustion, as she had just wrapped up a lengthy shift at work. The prosecution showed that she had been exchanging sexually explicit text messages with her partner earlier that day and argued that she may have been distracted by the texts.

According to Guyger, she entered the apartment directly above hers because she had accidentally parked on the wrong level of the building’s parking structure. The lead investigator for the case argued that this was a common mistake in the building.

It became apparent before the trial that Guyger received favorable treatment from other officers after the accident. Police left her alone at the crime scene, a member of a police union was allowed to speak to her before her arrest, and Texas Ranger David Armstrong, the lead investigator for the case, told the court (though not the jury) that he did not believe she had committed a crime. In a move that outraged critics even more, police searched Jean’s apartment for drugs, found marijuana, and made that information available to news media. The family described the move as an attempted smear against the victim. This and other actions by law enforcement caused critics to point to race as a factor—a line of argument Kemp banned in her courtroom.
Dallas Police Officer Convicted of Murder in Fatal Shooting of a Black Man in His Own Apartment

Relief is among the reactions as Dallas leaders hear the Amber Guyger 'guilty' verdict

The State trying to bring in her Pinterest posts, when she admitted to smoking marijuana on her police department job application, and among other things in her personnel file in order to try to and get a stricter sentence, I believe. Defense arguing that all of that in the personnel file are either hearsay or allegations that have not been proven and therefore should not be held against her for this sentencing.

She failed her first polygraph for the Dallas PD. Pinterest posts may be coming in! Internal Affairs files! Allegations of misconduct!

Here we goooooo......

Her chickens r coming home to roost .

If she had just talked to Bo..
She would of made a new friend.
Had a laugh at herself.
Possibly did some serious self reflecting.
What a hot head.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members