AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there practice for Midget Football on the day she disappeared?

I noticed it is near the building(s) and likely parking lot an abductor(s) would have chosen. It also seems possible this is where the witnesses came from?

Midget Football players might join the playground before or after practice, AND not be especially happy about a large pitbull mix running around with young kids. It's possible one of those parents said something about the dog.

Office and equipment storage at City Park. No practices there it looks like: Bridgeton Midget Football League

Somewhere online, I read that the kids usually had their dog with them, but didn't on this occasion b/c mom was aware that some people found the dog scary. That made me wonder if someone had previously spoken to mom at that park about the dog being around the kids? Had the dog ever been unfriendly towards anyone in particular at the park before? I'd be thinking about that if I were LE or involved in this case, because dogs just know. And if a dog knew something on a prior visit, or suspected something or someone of being up to no good? I'd be inclined to follow that up!

At first I read a lot into the decision to not bring the dog that day as well - thinking it was a conscious decision for reasons we can’t get into here.. but then after seeing her car and hearing about the size of the dog - I simply don’t think the dog would have fit in the car with the three children - especially if one or both of the youngers were in bulky car seats?

MOO The red van was a convenience used so they could issue an Amber Alert, I think. LE has never placed the van inside the park, let alone, behind the buildings or at least reported it out that way.
Apparently LE has someone who was close enough to the perp to describe acne on his face but has never released a composite sketch of the perp. Why?
They called it acne from the first so the witness must be at least a teenager because a 3yo has no idea what acne is.

Incidentally, the school colors for the high school are maroon and white.

Kind of agree since they needed a vehicle to get the alert going but I do feel like there could be some truth to involvement of some type of red vehicle because if they were the only kids at the playground - (which doesn’t surprise me after seeing the condition of it)
Its not like they could have been confused with other children ?
If it was a red vehicle - I’m leaning toward a mini van - since these witnesses claim she was seated in the passenger rear.
If the perp was in a hurry to get away why take her all the way around to the passenger side and then need to go back to driver side himself ?
Minivan only open on passenger side.
If it was a cargo van I feel like the witness would have found it odd that a child was being placed in the back of a van and immediately questioned it.
Unless the perp wasn’t driving and was also getting in front passenger side ? Then it that case it could be any red vehicle but none really have sliding doors other than minivan. I guess it all depends on witness level of certainty regarding the red mystery vehicle.
I really hope LE has some info they are holding back - at this point if they viewed all red vehicles picked up on any local camera and cross referenced with any cell phone in the park and anyone with orange sneakers but I guess it as easy as it is on tv

At first I read a lot into the decision to not bring the dog that day as well - thinking it was a conscious decision for reasons we can’t get into here.. but then after seeing her car and hearing about the size of the dog - I simply don’t think the dog would have fit in the car with the three children - especially if one or both of the youngers were in bulky car seats?
Per what was said, the dog usually came with them, and the reason it didn't come this time was because some people found it scary.

Kind of agree since they needed a vehicle to get the alert going but I do feel like there could be some truth to involvement of some type of red vehicle because if they were the only kids at the playground - (which doesn’t surprise me after seeing the condition of it)
If it was a red vehicle - I’m leaning toward a mini van - since these witnesses claim she was seated in the passenger rear.
If the perp was in a hurry to get away why take her all the way around to the passenger side and then need to go back to driver side himself ?
If it was a cargo van I feel like the witness would have found it odd that a child was being placed in the back of a van and immediately questioned it.
Unless the perp wasn’t driving and was also getting in front passenger side ? Then it that case it could be any red vehicle but none really have sliding doors other than minivan. I guess it all depends on witness level of certainty regarding the red mystery vehicle.
I really hope LE has some info they are holding back - at this point if they viewed all red vehicles picked up on any local camera and cross referenced with any cell phone in the park and anyone with orange sneakers but I guess it as easy as it is on tv
I agree, do cargo vans even have back seats? A sliding door with a back seat implies a minivan IMO. I suppose it could be a conversion van though. It's so frustrating that LE isn't able to clarify what type of vehicle it was.

I wish they'd hold a press conference even if to say there's nothing new.

Do cargo vans even have back seats? A sliding door with a back seat implies a minivan IMO. I suppose it could be a conversion van though. It's so frustrating that LE isn't able to clarify what type of vehicle it was.

I wish they'd hold a press conference even if to say there's nothing new.
I don't think LE is even sure there was a vehicle, let alone what kind of vehicle it was.

I have wondered myself if there was someone in the van in the driver's seat.

Did the witness(es) say that he went around the front or back of the van to get to the drivers side after helping her get into the back seat on the passenger side? I don't think we've heard either way?

I know we have talked about all the people in the park the day that Dulce disappeared and we talked about all the kids, parents etc.

I know several posters wondered why Dulce? Why pick her? Was it because it appeared she was there "on her own"? Or...was it because he KNEW she was "on her own"? If he knew, how did he know?

I am wondering if it was common practise for mom to let the young ones out of the car on their own while she helped her younger sister with her homework. Was this routine?

Could someone have been watching for sometime before the actual day, and realized it would be easy to take Dulce because she was essentially alone without a parent in close proximity?

Routine can be a killer. This could have been a planned kidnapping and not just a spur of the moment opportunity.

I'd like to know if it was routine to let the young kids out to play by themselves without mom being with them.

The school has just started. I don't know how it could have been routine for mom to help sister with homework, considering the school has started only recently.
Maybe they all did go to the park in previous weeks. Some witness said that they saw them the week before at the park. Maybe the little sister had homework she wanted to get done that day so she would have the weekend off. Some kids are like that.

Maybe they all did go to the park in previous weeks. Some witness said that they saw them the week before at the park. Maybe the little sister had homework she wanted to get done that day so she would have the weekend off. Some kids are like that.
All I am saying it couldn't have been routine to do homework because the school has only just started a week prior.

If the big dog usually came with them (as was reported), then if somebody was watching them, highly unlikely that somebody would have attempted the abduction because of the big scary dog. Nobody wants to get bit by a big scary dog, dogs also bark attracting attention. So that could be the reason she was abducted that particular day when the dog didn't come (assuming of course she was abducted).

Went back and watched the conferences where the prosecutor spoke after seeing someone comment about her mispronouncing Dulce's name a couple pages back. Very annoying how dismissive she was towards the reporter who tried to correct her on the name. Something about the prosecutor rubs me the wrong way. I've watched lots of conferences with other officials handling other cases, and a lot of times even the ones the general public said they didn't like how they were handling the case seemed a lot more emotionally connected to the case than this prosecutor seems to me. Even though this case involves a very young child. I wonder if she already has a suspicion of what she thinks happened and that's the reason for her attitude. All just MOO

It would be beneficial for Dulce's family to get a translator. It's pretty evident that Dulce's mom communicates way better in spanish, and people are getting the wrong idea when she talks in english. This poor girl is heartbroken, she is truly suffering. I almost lost it when she said "at first, she (Dulce) didn't want to spend time with me and I thought she didn't love me anymore, but then she started calling me and asking to spend time with me". This poor girl was just trying to build a stronger relationship with her daughter.

It would be beneficial for Dulce's family to get a translator. It's pretty evident that Dulce's mom communicates way better in spanish, and people are getting the wrong idea when she talks in english. This poor girl is heartbroken, she is truly suffering. I almost lost it when she said "at first, she (Dulce) didn't want to spend time with me and I thought she didn't love me anymore, but then she started calling me and asking to spend time with me". This poor girl was just trying to build a stronger relationship with her daughter.

I definitely agree, unfortunately I'm not too sure they ever will. I think they are being told it's better coming directly from the mother since she CAN speak English, but so much is getting lost. They probably even think her speaking in English herself is getting more attention on the case. But she was so much more relatable and what people "expect" to see when she spoke Spanish. The connection between her and the reporter and the look in her eyes when listening to what was being asked was totally different when she was spoken to in Spanish. Her English is perfectly fine and intelligible, but she is dealing with such visceral emotions that are so much better conveyed with a mother tongue. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname