GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a punishment for a crime has a range (e.g. 5-99 years) what should the length of time be based on?

I'm thinking they will get some additional instructions regarding that. But no specifics as to time maybe?

I wish I was more familiar with TX law.

But they will consider a lot of different factors. Aggravators and mitigators.

kelsy mittauer‏ @kelsymittauer 4h4 hours ago
No walk down the hallway for Amber Guyger this morning. Instead the defense is bringing in clothes for her to change into after a night in jail. #GuygerTrial #cbsdfw

(video clip: kelsy mittauer on Twitter )

kelsy mittauer‏ @kelsymittauer 3h3 hours ago
A Jean family supporter brought bags of snacks for the family. I also saw two small bottles of champagne. #GuygerTrial #cbsdfw
EF4GcLNXoAEuwb-.jpg
EF4GcLLWsAAnaHD.jpg

kelsy mittauer‏ @kelsymittauer 3h3 hours ago
Correction! It’s sparkling cider.

kelsy mittauer‏ @kelsymittauer 2h2 hours ago
Jean family just arrived for the second day of sentencing in the #GuygerTrial. #cbsdfw
EF4T0fhWkAUbfXq.jpg

J.D. Miles‏Verified account @jdmiles11 2h2 hours ago
Amber Guyger is back in court this morning after being ordered to jail following her murder conviction

I have no idea but I would hate to be the one to have to work it out. How much does she deserve? He was young and had all his life to lead so do you base it on something like that?

If I were on the jury these would be my thoughts:

10 years for failing to render any aid - absolutely no excuse for that; especially after her training.

5 years for texting her lover instead of rendering aid as well as having nothing better to do 2 days after the murder than to text her lover to go out drinking - shows how much she cared about his life and family grieving, IMO.

15 years for the murder of Botham.

Maybe 2 years for the social media/texting nonsense.

So 32 years, very little of that due to her texts and social media.

I recall hearing about this incident when it first happened and could not reconcile how on earth this young woman did not realize that she was at the wrong apartment. As LE, wasn't she trained to be alert to her surroundings? How could she not know that she wasn't standing in front of HER apartment? I figured she must have been drinking and/or drugging and wasn't fully aware of where she was or what she was doing.

AG’s mum looks broken on the stand. Makes me feel so sad

Now I know why she is that way. Mums boyfriend abused AG when she was 6. Mum did call police. This is awful to bring up

BBM: And I guess proof of this would be sealed because AG was a juvenile ?

I am not being snarky ... just trying to get facts.

MOO

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 1h1 hour ago
State's first witness today is a friend from college. Says "People gravitated toward him." "You just felt welcomed by his presence."

The friend, Alexis Stossel, talking about Botham Jean's college activities. Says he helped rally the student body to be involved in the community.

Jury seeing multiple photos of Stossel and Botham. They went to church together in Dallas and he emceed her wedding.

Stossel: "We talked almost every day. If it wasn't a phone call, it was a text message."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 59m59 minutes ago
Jury looking at a supportive text message Botham sent Stossel while she was making a life-changing decision to move to East Texas. "This could be the best decision of your life. You'll never know if you never attempt it," part of the message says.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 56m56 minutes ago
Stossel says the last time she spoke with Botham was the day of the shooting. He sent her a photo of herself that he turned into a meme. Says Stossel: "I have never lost someone as close to my life, and the feeling is just unexplainable."

Sexual abuse is horrible, BUT it does not justify ending the life of an innocent man.
So very True. Some of us experience a horrible childhood and even young adulthood, and we don't go down the wrong path, or kill someone. Every choice has a consequence. Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. The choices you make in life determine your fate.

We will see what she gets. Again, if it is because of the texts, legal or not, that is wrong. MOO
I’m baffled how one decides that irrefutable evidence of ones character (Or lack there of) is wrong? These posts are definitive evidence of who she IS. She was proud to pin them.

The other side of the coin: if her Pinterest board had been full of positive inclusive posts, these would be used to help exonerate her. And that’s on her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam