GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were on the jury these would be my thoughts:

10 years for failing to render any aid - absolutely no excuse for that; especially after her training.

5 years for texting her lover instead of rendering aid as well as having nothing better to do 2 days after the murder than to text her lover to go out drinking - shows how much she cared about his life and family grieving, IMO.

15 years for the murder of Botham.

Maybe 2 years for the social media/texting nonsense.

So 32 years, very little of that due to her texts and social media.

I'm thinking she might get about 10 years. But I've been wrong on every prediction in this case so far!!

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 55m55 minutes ago
State's next witness is Bertrum Jean, Botham's father.

aVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 49m49 minutes ago

Bertrum Jean says his son would call him every Sunday and they would talk about things like church and cooking.
"My Sundays have been destroyed."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 47m47 minutes ago
Bertrum says he can't watch videos of his son singing. "I'm still not ready for it. It hurts me that he's not there."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 45m45 minutes ago
Bertrum on keeping the family together: "As the man of the home, I have to be strong for them. We spend a lot of time together. we go out for dinner, we speak about him...It just motivates us to keep his memory alive. But I have to be strong."

J.D. Miles‏Verified account @jdmiles11 54m54 minutes ago
Father of Botham Jean breaks down on witness stand during punishment phase of Amber Guyger murder trial “My son was dear to me”

EF4hwB1XoAAE-iw.jpg

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 39m39 minutes ago
Court is on a short break, and the defense will call up their first witness after the break.

She will definitely not get the death penalty?

Also, where are you all watching live?
I lost my link from yesterday.

The former judge on ABC was saying that all these texts from Botham are being introduced to juxtapose his uplifting and positive messages to others against AG's caustic and derogatory messages. His relationship with his friend juxtaposes against AG's relationship with Rivera. Etc.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 17m17 minutes ago
Defense's first witness is Karen Guyger, Amber's mother.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 9m9 minutes ago

Guyger's mother discussing Amber's childhood. Says she wanted to be a cop from a young age. Says Amber was the victim of sexual abuse when she was 6.

Julie Grant‏Verified account @JulieCourtTV 10m10 minutes ago
#BREAKING - Karen Guyger just told the jury her daughter #AmberGuyger was molested as a child. @CourtTV
EF4siHbW4AEx7RQ.jpg

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 7m7 minutes ago
Guyger says her daughter has expressed that she wishes she could "take [Botham's] place. "She feels very bad about it. She feels very bad about [the shooting.]"

I’m baffled how one decides that irrefutable evidence of ones character (Or lack there of) is wrong? These posts are definitive evidence of who she IS. She was proud to pin them.

The other side of the coin: if her Pinterest board had been full of positive inclusive posts, these would be used to help exonerate her. And that’s on her

Please explain why if those are relevant now, that her abuse as a child is not? Or anything else the defense produces? I do not think anything kept out of guilt phase should be included in sentencing phase. For either side. MHO

The contrast in this testimony is kind of glaring to me. Amber did normal things and they aren't really talking about anything special or accomplished. It's not as visceral and she just doesn't seem as...good, special, etc. I don't know if that's fair or not. I feel sorry for what her family is going through, but the testimony is a little lacking. Perhaps...she is lacking.

Sexual abuse is horrible, BUT it does not justify ending the life of an innocent man.
This is going to help the upcoming lawsuit against the city of Dallas. If AG was emotionally damaged by this abuse then this fact should have been disclosed and she should not have been hired and given a gun. Policing the public is not the domain for AG to be sorting out her emotional short comings.

The contrast in this testimony is kind of glaring to me. Amber did normal things and they aren't really talking about anything special or accomplished. It's not as visceral and she just doesn't seem as...good, special, etc. I don't know if that's fair or not. I feel sorry for what her family is going through, but the testimony is a little lacking. Perhaps...she is lacking.

Their pain is different. She is still alive. That’s might be it xx

Yes, in the UK we call it 'gallows humour'. My police officer dad used to say to me "I have to laugh about these things or it will kill me." I've never heard him say anything racist though, or joke about shooting anyone. Even now 10 years retired he is still very aware of what he says and does. I think that might be the difference between an upstanding police officer who really respects their position and responsibility, and one who just does the job.

Yeah and I don't have an issue with gallows humor. But professionalism seems to mandate you don't publish such stuff. And like you sort of said, her postings and texts went beyond gallows humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member