GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was going to take the would be burglar by surprise and execute him (by her own admission). She didn't believe that taking a life deserved even a 10 second "let me catch my breath and think" value. She is someone to be feared, then and now. Lock her up.

This is part of the reason she should be locked up for a long time, IMO. If not Botham, it would have happened to someone by Amber - maybe many people honestly.

Her mindset, IMO, show how she viewed others so she may as well be locked up now. I don't think 10 years will be long enough for her not to do something crazy again.

I think about O.J. Simpson and George Zimmerman and the things they have done since their trials that ended without sentences.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 8m8 minutes ago
Alana Guyger, Amber's sister, is the defense's next witness.

J.D. Miles‏Verified account @jdmiles11 7m7 minutes ago
Amber Guyger’s sister is testifying for the defense in the punishment phase of the former officer’s murder trial. She’s describing her as “kind and loving” in effort to get jury to impose a light sentence

EF4uPQrXUAEyRH4.jpg

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 2m2 minutes ago
Alana said her sister always expressed remorse for the shooting: "She feels bad spending time with her family because he can't be with his."

Their pain is different. She is still alive. That’s might be it xx

That's true. However, they really aren't saying much about her. They are talking about going places, seeing each other, etc. Nothing really about anything she's done in her life other than being a cop. Nothing about helping people, making an impact in the community, in lives, etc. I expected that.

The contrast in this testimony is kind of glaring to me. Amber did normal things and they aren't really talking about anything special or accomplished. It's not as visceral and she just doesn't seem as...good, special, etc. I don't know if that's fair or not. I feel sorry for what her family is going through, but the testimony is a little lacking. Perhaps...she is lacking.

Yes! He was truly a remarkable individual - you don't meet people like that often (at least I don't maybe you all do). He truly made an impact to all around him. Meanwhile AG is unremarkable, selfish, and had a desire to a be a PO. So what? Her actions after she killed Botham have spoken volumes and her family's testimony pales in comparison.

Being sexually molested did not make her kill that man that day! Come on. It's wholly irrelevant to what she did and is only being brought up for sympathy points.

No and those who have been there at a young age haven't killed anyone I admit the struggle is real and it does not really ever go away but , not relevant , it wasn't relevant to her being a cop and carrying a gun so....

pretty obvious where they are going with this female officer. They just "clicked".!! IN fact most keep saying she was obsessive about being a police officer and I guess I don't see where that is helping her.

Colleague is saying AG is sweetest person

And she helped her get baby stuff long way away. They lost something from it and AG made her go back to get it so it doesn’t cause accident. She went into highway to get back as friend was pregnant

What irritates me, is that they are trying to make what you should do with your friends and family as special. People eat with their family. They help their friends pick things up. They talk to them. I expected something more. Not, she does what people should do when you know them. They NEED something more.

Yeah and I don't have an issue with gallows humor. But professionalism seems to mandate you don't publish such stuff. And like you sort of said, her postings and texts went beyond gallows humor.

Gallows humor is often regarded as acceptable within a narrow professional context. For example, surgeons are notorious for grim and gallows humor. But not in public! So you are absolutely right. Can you imagine? If surgeons joked about their patients (even while keeping them anonymous) in the way they do in the OR?

I helped build an employee manual for a large LE organization and this issue was addressed in a pretty restrictive way. LE was getting complaints from Fire and EMT personnel about going over the line with certain kinds of remarks. TBF, there were no actual penalties for any one instance of offensive humor, but if there were complaints, the officer got written up.

AG's indiscretion in publishing this stuff is so generational. I wonder if she was one of many, or truly an outlier in her desire to put her offensive views up in public (I'm guessing, hoping, she was an outlier).

I also find it interesting that there's an element of "identification with the aggressor" in her life story. She is abused at 6, decides to become a cop at 6, wants to grow up to catch the "bad guys." She ends up identifying with the abusive bad guy, as her pinterest posts show. She wants to be the BadAss Chick from the Walking Dead or similar...and she was successful and now she's going to prison.

Sister left me cold...I don't honestly think they are close at all. Some vibe that was just not right. Way more to the story but she did not help at all.
Where are you watching? This fellow officer and friend is beautiful and articulate. Why are you'll calling her sister?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998