GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This witness was chocked up before she even started speaking. Not even Botham's family came to the stand in that state.

Why are they beating this whole she was so interested in law enforcement angle? What does that have to do with anything? It hurts them more than helps. She didn't render aid and was scrolling through her phone while his body was being carried out. Seriously?

Showing her in a Mariachi band vs Botham helping the elderly!! Wow I feel so sorry for Amber - she'll never be in a Mariachi band again. :rolleyes:

Being sexually molested did not make her kill that man that day! Come on. It's wholly irrelevant to what she did and is only being brought up for sympathy points.
Past sexual abuse is often brought up as a mitigating factor. Certainly it’s not an enormous factor in this case IMO, but I think it is relevant enough to discuss during sentencing.

The disparity in testimony is glaring. She talked to people, hung out with them, etc. I feel they are trying to make normal interactions as special. I expected the defense to present evidence that she was something more than that. No one has seemed terribly sad or surprised. It's very odd.

If you listened to testimony about the victim and came away with that he sung and people liked him...you missed a lot.

The defense deserves to have their chance to defend her. Absolutely. They either aren't doing a good job, people don't know her very well, or she has done very little of note with her life

I think the defense did the best they could. A large amount of people have ordinary and self-centered lives. A minority of people are not only good people, but also are selfless and aspire to help others.

It just so happens that Amber's life is fairly normal and maybe shows a bit of not being such a good person. Hard to find really good and outstanding things to say in those circumstances.

Also, it just happens that Botham was one of those extraordinary people with no shortage of people with overwhelmingly positive things to say about him.

No one seems to know her very well now. Could the defense really not find anyone more current? I don't feel they are doing much for their client.

:) Hello,

BBM: Probably not because IMO, people that really knew her wanted to avoid her like the plague after they found out the facts.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member