NC NC- Joseph Michael Blake (aka: Sol Vein Zivek), 51, Ellerbe, Richmond County, March 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
web1_missing-1.jpg

Law enforcement Wednesday morning began a wide search for an Ellerbe man believed to be “depressed”.

Joseph Michael Blake, 51, who changed his name to Sol Vein Zivek several years ago, according to Major Jay Childers, was reported missing by his father on Friday.

Childers said Blake was last seen or heard from at the end of March. Blake had been depressed following the death of his live-in girlfriend, according to Childers.

“We’ve conducted initial investigative steps and we are now expanding to see if he may be in the wooded areas near his residence,” Childers said.

The search area is in the northern part of Ellerbe. Childers said Blake is believed to be in the area around his home because he does not have access to transportation.

Anyone with any information related to Blake’s whereabouts is encouraged to call the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 997-8283.

There are approximately 45 people in the search party representing 12 different agencies. Those agencies are the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, Richmond County Emergency Services, Ellerbe Fire Department, Ellerbe Rescue Squad, Cordova Fire and Rescue, Hamlet Fire and Rescue, Pineland Search and Rescue, N.C. Emergency Management, Montgomery County Emergency Management, Anson County Emergency Management, Ansonville Fire Department, Aberdeen Fire Department, Moore County Public Safety, Kannapolis Fire Department and the American Red Cross.

Missing man in Ellerbe believed to be ‘depressed’ | Richmond County Daily Journal

58379956_10214423415358453_7977401547543805952_n.jpg

I'm posting this because it is a better pic of Sol. I know this family, I went to school with Mike (aka Sol), but haven't seen or heard from or of him in years. His parents are the salt of the earth. There were mental health issues many years ago. *modsnip*

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a SAR group involved yesterday.

The Richmond Observer - Search ends for missing Ellerbe man

Zivek, who legally changed his name from Joseph Michael Blake, was last seen at his E. Main Street home on March 23 and the last communication from him was a text message on March 29, according to Childers.

Seven teams initially searched the area around his home and nearby ponds Wednesday morning.

Following a lunch break, Mike Williams of Pineland Search and Rescue directed those involved to complete a more efficient search.

“I want you to be able to see the ground between you and the next person,” he said. “Don’t get bunched up in one spot, don’t get too spread out.”

He split the searchers up in four teams to examine a 1,500 square meter area.

Williams, who recently helped lead a search and rescue training exercise at Millstone 4-H Camp, said a strange odor had been reported in the area several weeks before and one the morning teams had detected an odd smell.

He also said that many trees in the area had been damaged from storms Friday afternoon.

This article answerd two of my main questions :
1- Where he lived.
2- How he was last "heard" from.

Now I just wonder why the name change and what the significance to him was.

upload_2019-9-30_18-37-33.png
New Missing Flyer. Is there a WS'er among us with ties to the trucking community? I would like to get this flyer out to them.

I learned from Mike's sister that he had an appointment the first week of April to reapply for his CDL's. He went missing a few days before the appointment. Mike has never been in any kind of trouble but he doesn't really like to play by the rules. His sister believes he may be traveling and working under the table for a trucker.

He left everything behind except his pistol. It is believed that he would take it for protection. He usually carried. The fact that he did not take his phone is not a big deal. It wasn't working.

CUE out of Wilmington, NC will be conducting another search near his home in a month or so - as soon as the leaves have fallen, and the dense areas can be searched more effectively. Mike loves fishing, and the water in general, and sadly, he was depressed.

About the name change... We believe the name change has to do with Slavoj Zizek, a philosopher with who Mike would identify. (Like a play on the name.) While Mike is a sweet and mild mannered man, he can come up with some crazy talk, and will babble on as long as someone will listen!

I really want to get this flyer out to the truckers. Mike's family is having a really hard time right now.

I know Mike has been entered into Missing Pieces and his sister was to get him listed with Namus.

I will apply to get Insider Verified and Mike's sister will also be joining us.

Thanks for your help!!

@razzledazzle - found this page on FB. They do not appear to be limiting their posts to children now. May be worth reaching out.

The Truckers Missing Child Project
Sorry I'm so late in replying. I'm the director of The Truckers Missing Child Project nationwide. We do feature critically missing adults and his flyer is now being shared.
Hoping he is found ASAP.
Chi

View attachment 207069
New Missing Flyer. Is there a WS'er among us with ties to the trucking community? I would like to get this flyer out to them.

I learned from Mike's sister that he had an appointment the first week of April to reapply for his CDL's. He went missing a few days before the appointment. Mike has never been in any kind of trouble but he doesn't really like to play by the rules. His sister believes he may be traveling and working under the table for a trucker.

He left everything behind except his pistol. It is believed that he would take it for protection. He usually carried. The fact that he did not take his phone is not a big deal. It wasn't working.

CUE out of Wilmington, NC will be conducting another search near his home in a month or so - as soon as the leaves have fallen, and the dense areas can be searched more effectively. Mike loves fishing, and the water in general, and sadly, he was depressed.

About the name change... We believe the name change has to do with Slavoj Zizek, a philosopher with who Mike would identify. (Like a play on the name.) While Mike is a sweet and mild mannered man, he can come up with some crazy talk, and will babble on as long as someone will listen!

I really want to get this flyer out to the truckers. Mike's family is having a really hard time right now.

I know Mike has been entered into Missing Pieces and his sister was to get him listed with Namus.

I will apply to get Insider Verified and Mike's sister will also be joining us.

Thanks for your help!!
was Mike located?

:( Poor guy. I hope as he walked away he stumbled on something that gave him some flickers of hope. I hope he found a good job trucking across the country and is as happy as a fat cat right now. I've got you in my prayers, Mike.

Missing man in Ellerbe believed to be ‘depressed’ | Richmond County Daily Journal
April 24, 2019
snipped
Major Jay Childers said Blake was last heard from by his family at the end of March. Blake had been depressed following the death of his live-in girlfriend earlier this year, according to Childers.

Sorry I'm so late in replying. I'm the director of The Truckers Missing Child Project nationwide. We do feature critically missing adults and his flyer is now being shared.
Hoping he is found ASAP.
Chi
TY for sharing Mike's flyer!

58379956_10214423415358453_7977401547543805952_n.jpg

I'm posting this because it is a better pic of Sol. I know this family, I went to school with Mike (aka Sol), but haven't seen or heard from or of him in years. His parents are the salt of the earth. There were mental health issues many years ago. *modsnip*
In my effort to respect his wishes, how would he want us to refer to him, Mike or Sol?

I've seen him drink many different brands. He was a bit of a connoisseur drinking anything from natural and bud light to yuengling, XX (dos equis), Guinness, Sam Adam's, Miller Highlife....it's highly possible and quite probable imo that the modelo cans were his. I really hope his family gets some answers soon. I haven't heard of anymore searches in quite a while.

Did Mike usually drink canned Modelo beer?

The Richmond Observer - Rescue crews search for missing Ellerbe man
Wednesday, 24 April 2019 12:02 Written by William R. Toler
Seven teams, including one on four-wheelers, started around 9 a.m. searching around his home and nearby bodies of water. The intial missions resulted in few clues, though one group brought back several Modelo beer cans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back