CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other SAR Teams.

@K9Enzo :). Thanks for your post and link, an interesting read.
Do you think this RRSAR organization maybe avail/willing to search for BT in Kelbaker/HH area? Or are you saying something else? Sorry to be a bit dense on this.

Not dense at all. I was vague.

While I know they are in a different state, they maybe a resource and could recommend reputable & experienced organization that will conduct a private search at no cost.

I am not at all endorsing them or making an assumption that BT’s family believes the search should be focused in this way. Just brainstorming.

Another article with slightly more detail about the location of the remains found today, along w/ info re: remains that were found yesterday also:
Skeletal remains found in shallow grave in Lancaster
SFA:
The remains were found around 3:08 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, near the intersection of 20th Street West and Avenue F, according to a news release by the Sheriff’s Information Bureau.

Detectives are also investigating another report of human remains found a day earlier in Lancaster — this one near West Avenue I and 37th Street West. The sheriff’s department reported that the body found on Monday had possible trauma to the back of the head and appeared to have been at that location for several weeks.

Location looks like it may (?) be too far away to be BT's remains, and the body of a male was found nearby the day before, so both of those murders may be related, but you never know.

Even though this mostly likely isn't BT, at least a couple of families who've been wondering what happened to their missing loved ones will be getting some answers soon.

JMO.

From my ^ post:
"Who Can Deploy/Activate SAR Team for Wilderness Searches for MisPers?
@LietKynes :) rbm Thanks for your post which led me to think about the ^ question...." @LietKynes
did you mean to suggest RT could call SAR directly for help?

@LietKynes :) Thx again. Me in red ^ again.
(1) But RT has already had benefit of SBCSD's SAR team extennnnsive searches until sheriff called them off. Whether RT himself asks or other ppl ask the SBCSD, sheriff is the decision maker re further searches by 'his' SAR team(s),IIUC. Without new evd, why would sheriff change his mind, decide to re-deploy, based on who asks him/the office for more SAR searches?

(2) AFAIK nothing much bars RT from conducting his own searches w his own truck, RV, plane (boat may be of limited use), w whoever is willing to go, I believe entire search area is/was in public land, could be wrong.
(3) And he could galvanize a push to locate her even if she is not out there somewhere in that desert.
all jmo
law enforcement is not opposed to additional sar efforts but they would have to be conducted independently. they will not manage or conduct additional searches without additional evidence.

Who Can Deploy/Activate SAR Team for Wilderness Searches for MisPers?
@LietKynes :) rbm Thanks for your post which led me to think about the ^ question. @LietKynes did you mean to suggest RT could call SAR directly for help?

Does anyone know of any trained SAR teams that a private citizen can call directly for assistance? @K9Enzo ? or @LAhiker ? Or ? AFAIK, calling SAR team to start mission involving lost or stranded persons is (generally) within purview of the county sheriff or other designated LE officer. I could be wrong. These teams may also be called to action for natural disasters, such as wildfires, flooding & earthquakes.

See San B. Co Sheriff's webpage re applying to be a SAR volunteer & referring to the 'academy' the first yr member must complete.
Search and Rescue – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department

@K9Enzo ? or @LAhiker ? mentioned SAR poss. injuries & insurance. This info is from a different county, not SanB. "All SAR members are registered with the San Diego County Office of Disaster Preparedness as Disaster Service Workers. This registration enables the members to qualify for State Worker’s Compensation benefits in the event of personal injury or death while on duty."
More at: San Diego County Sheriff's Department (San Diego, not San B)
jmo.

I don't know the answers, but it looks like @K9Enzo, @rosesfromangels, and others here have some good ideas (Red Rock Search and Rescue; NecroSearch).

I did run across this article about how the LA Coroner's office teaches investigators to find hidden bodies:

Pig carcasses, lipstick and lots of dirt: L.A. coroner’s office gives investigators tips on finding hidden bodies – Daily News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3