GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

Yes, it's sad that farms are exempt from some safety and workplace regulations. Hopefully there will be an exception in this case. No farm owner deserves protection from such horrible abuse of a child who was recruited to work on their farm, knowing the risks that child faced in being exposed to supervisors addicted to and using extremely dangerous and lethal drugs.

Who farms without being under the influence of something now a days? Especially if you're not big time. You live in some fantasy world if you think small time people are sober doing that *advertiser censored*.

Who farms without being under the influence of something now a days? Especially if you're not big time. You live in some fantasy world if you think small time people are sober doing that ****.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. My g-parents, uncles, etc. were farmers. Most were tee-totalers, the occasional farmer or worker went out on a Saturday night to drink, but that was about it. I'd think trying to do farm work while high would be very dangerous. If that's become a problem today, someone needs to address it.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. My g-parents, uncles, etc. were farmers. Most were tee-totalers, the occasional farmer or worker went out on a Saturday night to drink, but that was about it. I'd think trying to do farm work while high would be very dangerous. If that's become a problem today, someone needs to address it.

I disagree with this.

Oh, I thought I was going crazy or that was totally clueless about something shady going on. I don't live in the US but both sides of my family were "farmers", small stuff though. I still have aunts and uncles that do it just for themselves and sell just eggs and small stuff like that. My family had and still has stuff like potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, peppers, aubergines, corn, fruits like watermelons or figs, chickens, pigs, sheep, goats, and still make wine and olive oil. None of them do drugs. There is ONE person in that community that is known to have drug problems, but he isn't a farmer, he does construction stuff and the community is nice enough to hire him for that and try their best to keep him out of trouble. I don't really know where this idea that farmers are addicts came from but I don't know much about that in the US.

I'm hoping this was meant sarcastically:
"Who farms without being under the influence of something now a days?"
Because it really can be a terrible time for small farms, especially family farms.
A farming family I know (who has since left the dairy business) told me they'd have lost less money buying milk by the gallon at WalMart to fill their tanks than by milking their cows. Sad.

I know generational farmers who worked so hard. Before the sun was up till way into the night. No drugs were ever tolerated.

Hard work and safety were always top priority.

Then came the ocasional family member who was a sorry piece of crap who was a lazy louse. And an embarrassment to the family farm.
Felt intitled to have the reeps so many before worked to sow.

Hell bent to destroy what his father and fathers before him built.
This is MOO what happened here.
A drug addict whom tried to make himself a big farmer with Jonathan and younger teenagers. Jonathan in MOO had never done or known the danger of these toxic drugs.
This lazy drug addict of a son who brought shame to his family farms gave this young man a cocktail causing his death and then buried and hid his crime. I wonder if jealousy was at play here. I bet the father farmer was well pleased with the hard work of Jonathan. Something his own son never was.

It's not the farmers who are drug induced but the newer generation of the few that we see in families. Drug testing of even hired hands should be inforced. Back in the day farmers worried about other effects that could cost them their farm.
Today they worry about the crimes of their own children costing them everything. Even the good family name being ruined over night by 1 family member.
I HAVE WITNESSED THIS FIRST HAND!!!
JUSTICE FOR JONATHAN
NO EXCUSES

Who farms without being under the influence of something now a days? Especially if you're not big time. You live in some fantasy world if you think small time people are sober doing that ****.
Are you speaking of Marijuana farms?
Meth Farms?
Pine Farms?

On Jonathan's thread it was at a Diary Farm.
@BradB
Care to explain?

Disappointing. He'll be out in no time, hanging at the farm and doing drugs again.

JMO, there needs to be some sanction against the owners of the farm. They need to be restricted from allowing any underage persons on the property for work. And both properties need to be thoroughly searched for drugs, weapons, etc. All should be confiscated. This is also a workplace crime and should be reported to the Dept. of Labor and OSHA for unsafe working conditions.
BBM
That ^^^
Or another death will probably happen there.

Yes, it's sad that farms are exempt from some safety and workplace regulations. Hopefully there will be an exception in this case. No farm owner deserves protection from such horrible abuse of a child who was recruited to work on their farm, knowing the risks that child faced in being exposed to supervisors addicted to and using extremely dangerous and lethal drugs.
BBM

No, they do not.

It looks like the killer's parents are there in court... supporting their precious.

BBM
That ^^^
Or another death will probably happen there.

BBM

No, they do not.

It looks like the killer's parents are there in court... supporting their precious.

At least the parents haven't acted on getting MHL out on reduced bail.

He acted very confident during his court appearance on 9/11/19 that he'd be getting out sooner than later. MOO

(He's still in custody as of 9/23).

VINELink

Update: MHL released on $1mil bond today

10/1/2019

This e-mail is to inform you that MATTHEW LITTLE has been released from custody as of 10/1/2019. The reason for this release is: Bonded out. If you have any concerns about your immediate safety, contact your local law enforcement agency, or if you have an emergency, call 911.

For more information, contact Carroll Co. Jail. The telephone number is
(330)627-2141.

VINELink

Man charged in death of Dellroy teen Jonathan Minard posts bond

Oct 1, 2019

"CARROLLTON (Tusco TV) - The man charged in the overdose death of the Dellroy whose body was discovered in a shallow grave days after he went missing is getting out of jail ahead of his trial after his family paid the required 10 percent of his million-dollar bond.

30-year-old Matthew H. Little of Carrollton is charged with four counties of involuntary manslaughter and eight other felonies for the April death of 14-year-old Jonathan Minard whose cause of death ruled as acute fentanyl intoxication. County Prosecutor Steven Barnett says Judge Michael Repella outlined the conditions of Little’s release during a pretrial hearing on Tuesday.

Barnett 1: He was to maintain his address, report as directed to pretrial release, not leave Ohio, other standard pretrial release conditions, not engage in any illegal activity or use any controlled substances, appear for all proceedings, no contact with any victims or witnesses, and he was subject to GPS monitoring.

The other charges against Little include corrupting another with drugs, permitting drug abuse, gross abuse of a corpse, reckless homicide and endangering children. Barnett says he was to be released later that day to return to his listed address on Mobile Road. Another pretrial is set for November 18th, but the prosecutor says it’s unclear at this point whether they’ll leave that hearing with a trial date. "

Not one single thing here will keep him from remaining a key contact in the drug arena, keep him sober or force him to change his ways. He needs to be behind bars, in isolation, with dirt piled on him.

“He was to maintain his address, report as directed to pretrial release, not leave Ohio, other standard pretrial release conditions, not engage in any illegal activity or use any controlled substances, appear for all proceedings, no contact with any victims or witnesses, and he was subject to GPS monitoring.”

Oct 1, 2019

"CARROLLTON (Tusco TV) - The man charged in the overdose death of the Dellroy whose body was discovered in a shallow grave days after he went missing is getting out of jail ahead of his trial after his family paid the required 10 percent of his million-dollar bond.

30-year-old Matthew H. Little of Carrollton is charged with four counties of involuntary manslaughter and eight other felonies for the April death of 14-year-old Jonathan Minard whose cause of death ruled as acute fentanyl intoxication. County Prosecutor Steven Barnett says Judge Michael Repella outlined the conditions of Little’s release during a pretrial hearing on Tuesday.

Barnett 1: He was to maintain his address, report as directed to pretrial release, not leave Ohio, other standard pretrial release conditions, not engage in any illegal activity or use any controlled substances, appear for all proceedings, no contact with any victims or witnesses, and he was subject to GPS monitoring.

The other charges against Little include corrupting another with drugs, permitting drug abuse, gross abuse of a corpse, reckless homicide and endangering children. Barnett says he was to be released later that day to return to his listed address on Mobile Road. Another pretrial is set for November 18th, but the prosecutor says it’s unclear at this point whether they’ll leave that hearing with a trial date. "

I’m not surprised his family is behind him - I’m sensing a conspiracy / cover up - and our boy will never get justice - very sad at this news but thanks for keeping JM in the news

I’m not surprised his family is behind him - I’m sensing a conspiracy / cover up - and our boy will never get justice - very sad at this news but thanks for keeping JM in the news

Matthew Little and the Little family seem well protected thus far. $100,000 is a lot of money for farmers who allegedly have to rely on low paid 14 yo kids to run their farms.

Oct 1, 2019

The other charges against Little include corrupting another with drugs, permitting drug abuse, gross abuse of a corpse, reckless homicide and endangering children. Barnett says he was to be released later that day to return to his listed address on Mobile Road. Another pretrial is set
for November 18th
, but the prosecutor says it’s unclear at this point whether they’ll leave that hearing with a trial date. "

Thank you for the update. However, I couldn't bring myself to "like" the post content. :mad:

This stinks. Will Jonathan ever see any Justice on this earth? :(

Update: MHL released on $1mil bond today

10/1/2019

This e-mail is to inform you that MATTHEW LITTLE has been released from custody as of 10/1/2019. The reason for this release is: Bonded out. If you have any concerns about your immediate safety, contact your local law enforcement agency, or if you have an emergency, call 911.

For more information, contact Carroll Co. Jail. The telephone number is
(330)627-2141.

VINELink
Lavender bolded mine.
Just, wow.
Loaded statement.
LE must be thinking about who ML's supplier is, friends who also 'use', etc.
Certain ML is not in this all by his lonesome.
Birds of a feather and all that.

Even though it was their own relative who was charged with what happened to Jonathan, if I were ML's parents -- I'd let him sit there in jail and think about what he'd done to that boy --- and forget paying out the 100,000 !!!! :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back