Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King #2

Now that we know more about the family and Marcia's life, it seems that she could have been easy prey for an abusive partner as someone who suffered from a mental illness. Evidently, the company she kept after leaving home were other "believers" like herself, but I wouldn't put it past a "man of God" to lay hands on a woman in anger.

The question is, who and why?

New article with updates on Marcia's homicide investigation:
Ohio cold case develops new timeline, puts murder victim in Arkansas two weeks before death

- Investigators have been able to build a timeline that put King in the Little Rock area about two weeks before her death.

-Detectives say they have evidence that puts her in Louisville on April 10.

-Chief Deputy Steve Lord says detectives have spoken to at least six people in Arkansas in connection to the case.

-Lord also revealed that it's believed King was heavily involved with a religious organization called The Way International Ministries, which is headquartered in Ohio.

Last edited:
New article with updates on Marcia's homicide investigation:
Ohio cold case develops new timeline, puts murder victim in Arkansas two weeks before death

- Investigators have been able to build a timeline that put King in the Little Rock area about two weeks before her death.

-Detectives say they have evidence that puts her in Louisville on April 10.

-Chief Deputy Steve Lord says detectives have spoken to at least six people in Arkansas in connection to the case.

-Lord also revealed that it's believed King was heavily involved with a religious organization called The Way International Ministries, which is headquartered in Ohio.
Oh my. The Way. Trying to remember what I was hearing about them back then.

ETA I remember being warned about them. It's kind of crazy because I was searching for answers and truth at the same age and time that Marcia was. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that her murder is in some way connected to this cult. Lots of info here http://www.marketfaith.org/whatever-happened-to-the-way-international/

The late 1970s and early 80s were exciting times of growth in evangelicalism. On the heels of the Jesus Movement among young people in the late 1960s and early 1970s, many new Christian organizations sprang up, particularly among Pentecostal and Charismatic communities. As with virtually every revival in Christian history, not only are new Christian churches, denominations, and missions organizations birthed, but inevitably counterfeit movements ride the tide deceiving many new believers. One such counterfeit group was The Way International (TWI) founded by a self-proclaimed Bible scholar named Victor Paul Wierwille (1916 -1985). In this article we will examine the history and current status of TWI and analyze its doctrines from a historical Christian perspective.

Last edited:
Wonder if they have considered Samuel Little now that he's confessed to Ohio murders. One in Cincinnati end of 1981. He's from northern Ohio but has been all over the U.S. Was arrested in Louisville KY. I think some of his timeline of when he said he committed some of these murders is a little off after all these years. And some victims he picked up and dumped elsewhere. Most were beaten and strangled. Coincidences with Louisville and Ohio just kind of struck me as a possibility

Wonder if they have considered Samuel Little now that he's confessed to Ohio murders. One in Cincinnati end of 1981. He's from northern Ohio but has been all over the U.S. Was arrested in Louisville KY. I think some of his timeline of when he said he committed some of these murders is a little off after all these years. And some victims he picked up and dumped elsewhere. Most were beaten and strangled. Coincidences with Louisville and Ohio just kind of struck me as a possibility

Maybe he should be questioned whether he had involvement in Marcia's death.

I'll contact Colleen to ask if anyone is going to video her talk because I know most of us want to see it

DNA ‘Cold Case’ Expert Plans MTSU Forensic Genealogy Talk

Scientist Colleen Fitzpatrick will speak on “Forensic Genealogy and the Identification of ‘The Buckskin Girl’: A 37-Year-Old Cold Case” at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 1 in the second-floor ballroom, Room 250, of MTSU’s Student Union, 1768 MTSU Blvd.

I agree. They should definitely consider Little as a "person of interest". That beast did confess 90+ murders...and he travelled all over the country for years.
He could be her killer.
Poor girl.
I've seen the morgue photos...looking at those photos you can read the pain she felt when she was killed.
She really deserves some justice after 38 years.

While most of his victims were sexually assaulted, a few were not. His drawings of victims' faces are quite amazing There was a redhead or two which made me think of possibly a connection to Marcia. And the coincidences of his locations and hers around the time of her death.

Thanks, Rose.

Welcome.

I sent Colleen a message on messenger the other day, she contacted where she was doing the talk to say there was interest with the people following BG's case here, my FB page and hers. I just messaged her to see what happened.

Last edited:
Welcome.

I sent Colleen a message on messenger the other day, she contacted where she was doing the talk to say there was interest with the people following BG's case here, my FB page and hers. I just messaged her to see what happened.

FORENSIC GENEALOGY TO THE RESCUE:’ THE STORY OF A VICTIM IDENTIFICATION 37 YEARS IN THE MAKING
SAVANNAH MEADE | NEWS EDITOR 42 MINS AGO

The speaker was the co-founder of DNA Doe and founder of Identifinders International Dr. Colleen Fitzpatrick to talk about forensic genealogy and the positive identification of the “Buckskin Girl.”

This bit was particularly touching.
From link, thanks.

"Sossoman was a father of six kids and had passed away earlier in the year. However, before he died he had uploaded his family’s genealogy onto Ancestry. Including the information for one of his daughters, Marcia King-Sossoman, who had been missing, presumed dead since the 80s. Marcia King was the Buckskin girl.

“John Sossoman essentially was putting a note in a bottle to tell the world, ‘what happened to my daughter.” He was looking for her and that was his note,” Fitzpatrick said."

This bit was particularly touching.
From link, thanks.

"Sossoman was a father of six kids and had passed away earlier in the year. However, before he died he had uploaded his family’s genealogy onto Ancestry. Including the information for one of his daughters, Marcia King-Sossoman, who had been missing, presumed dead since the 80s. Marcia King was the Buckskin girl.

“John Sossoman essentially was putting a note in a bottle to tell the world, ‘what happened to my daughter.” He was looking for her and that was his note,” Fitzpatrick said."

Thanks Dot. I was on my cell; wanted to get it posted for everyone here to be able to see it. She will let me know if video becomes available. She told them BG has lots of followers here, my MP/UP FB page Never Forget Me and her DDP page. When BG was ID'd it was huge news. I'm thankful one news guy took my advice and video taped her ID presser. He couldn't believe how huge and national her ID was. Hopefully it boosted his career lol

Thanks Dot. I was on my cell; wanted to get it posted for everyone here to be able to see it. She will let me know if video becomes available. She told them BG has lots of followers here, my MP/UP FB page Never Forget Me and her DDP page. When BG was ID'd it was huge news. I'm thankful one news guy took my advice and video taped her ID presser. He couldn't believe how huge and national her ID was. Hopefully it boosted his career lol

Marcia’s case give us a sense of hope that more UID will soon reclaim their name

Marcia Lenore “Buckskin Girl” King

The unknown girl known as Buckskin Girl has been positively identified as Marcia Lenore King. While she is no longer a missing person and unidentified, the investigation into her abduction and murder is still active.

Oct 29 2019
Justice for the ‘Buckskin Girl’ - Troy Daily News
"In some strange way, there are folks like myself in the Troy area who seemed to have claimed her. The “Buckskin girl” was buried in Troy’s Riverside Cemetery with the headstone, “Jane Doe,” and the date of death, April 22, 1981.

One reason I’ve been personally tied to her case is due to the tenacity of the “old” reporter who lives inside of me. Another reason is because I’m also a mother, concerned about her family never knowing what happened to her. Most importantly though, her senseless brutal death cries out for justice.

To some folks, last year’s front page story, “‘Buckskin Girl’ identified” by Editor Vallieu sent ripples of relief regarding the case throughout the tight-knit community. Aided by the advance in DNA technology, the DNA Doe Project positively confirmed “Jane Doe” was in reality Marcia L. Sossoman (King) 21, of Arkansas.

In the past, when I contemplated the fate of the Buckskin Girl, sometimes I would pray for law enforcement to be given some divine assistance. It sure seemed rather miraculous to find out who she was 37 years later. Now, if only the same kind of miracle could happen regarding finding her murderer."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back