CA - Aleyah Elaine Toscano, 16, in protective custody, found dead, Whittier, 20 Sept 2019

Angelcat13

Reaction score
I've never started a thread so I apologize if I am not doing this correctly. Aleyah Toscano, 16, was found unresponsive on the lawn of an apartment building in Whittier, CA on September 20, 2019 and passed away shortly afterwards. It is very sad that there seems to be very little information available on this case. According to Aleyah's mother, the teen was in protective custody "because she had been a victim of a violent crime" and the mother believes that Aleyah may have been lured to her death.

Has anyone else been following this at all and/or have any additional information?

Family desperate for answers after death of 16-year-old girl found unresponsive in Whittier

Hello. I am also new here. I have been following this case, as well. I am just shocked that no one was looking for this girl. The fact that this girl was in state custody while she went missing and that nobody was looking for her till her death is just so sad.

how does this happen?

From that link: Witnesses reported seeing a car pull up to the building, and saw two people carry Toscano out, leaving her on the ground. She was pronounced dead after being taken to the hospital.

What kind of facility would let this happen?

Family, Friends Mourn 16-Year-Old Girl Who Was Found Unresponsive On Whittier Lawn

Her family believes Aleyah was picked up from the facility last Monday by one of her friends – before she was dumped on the lawn in Whittier.

“Whoever left her like this was selfish,” says cousin Jaylean Sugura, “And you know if this was your child you would want them taken to the hospital. She was taken to the grass.”

If they saw her get lured, why didn't anyone try to stop her or start an amber alert? This seems to be like some cartel stuff. As if people were paid to look away, not ask questions, and not look for her. Guardians, school, family, friends, teachers counselors no one in her circle is questioning where she is at for several days till she's dead. I saw a Facebook comment that said that was the apartment complex where her mom lived!

I take this back I have not seen the rest of the family. It is a fishy situation. Aleyah was in custody due to being victim to a prior crime. You would think she was a crime victim, it'd be best for her to stay with her family...but she was removed!
I definitely agree that something seems very "off" with the wording on some things. Some articles say Aleyah was in "protective custody" and others say that she was "in a state-run facility" after being the victim of a previous violent incident.

If she was in protective custody, it must have been a very poorly handled one that would have allowed her to be lured to her death. But I just don't see authorities putting a victim in a state-run facility - unless the original incident was family-related and she was removed from the family for her safety.

Thoughts on this?

Some explaining needs to be done. What crime was she a victim of? Who commited the crime? Was her case going to Court and if yes, was she set to talk? Was this someone trying to silence her? There has to be some CCTV available.

I've never started a thread so I apologize if I am not doing this correctly. Aleyah Toscano, 16, was found unresponsive on the lawn of an apartment building in Whittier, CA on September 20, 2019 and passed away shortly afterwards. It is very sad that there seems to be very little information available on this case. According to Aleyah's mother, the teen was in protective custody "because she had been a victim of a violent crime" and the mother believes that Aleyah may have been lured to her death.

Has anyone else been following this at all and/or have any additional information?

Family desperate for answers after death of 16-year-old girl found unresponsive in Whittier
Family, Friends Mourn 16-Year-Old Girl Who Was Found Unresponsive On Whittier Lawn

16-Year-Old Girl Found Dead On Front Lawn Of Whittier Apartment Complex

nothing new here - looking for an update on this and not finding much new

Some explaining needs to be done. What crime was she a victim of? Who commited the crime? Was her case going to Court and if yes, was she set to talk? There has to be some CCTV available.
Exactly what I've been thinking -- every question you asked were the same as what I've been wondering. Did she know or see something that would have gotten someone in bad legal trouble? If so, how did the killers know where to find her? Does anyone else know about what she saw/heard that could help make this thing make more sense, and possibly help with finding those responsible? It's just odd, wrong, and very, very sad.

Last edited:
Exactly what I've been thinking -- every question you asked were the same as what I've been wondering. Did she know or see something that would have gotten someone in bad legal trouble? If so, how did the killers know where to find her? Does anyone else know about what she saw/heard that could help make this thing make more sense, and possibly help with finding those responsible? It's just odd, wrong, and very, very sad.
Might be important to start talking with her friends. Very quietly though, we don't want more kids to get killed.

I truly think they have to look at the home situation.
I've been wondering the same thing. If my juvenile daughter were a victim and had to go into protective custody, I would go into protective custody with her.

Being placed in a "state-run facility " sounds more like removal from a bad domestic situation - NOT protective custody.

I've been wondering the same thing. If my juvenile daughter were a victim and had to go into protective custody, I would go into protective custody with her.

Being placed in a "state-run facility " sounds more like removal from a bad domestic situation - NOT protective custody.
I think other children were allowed to stay at home, it was just Aleyah that was taken.

Yes. It is a fact. Only Aleyah was removed. If my child is removed from my home....you better believe that I will be calling her every day check up on her. If not, I m also calling her social worker, counselors and guardians every damn day till she's back home. No one was looking for her. I hate to think of what she was put through for the whole five days she was gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TinaByrd#50
Back