Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t the exact same article but it does mention the same truck - a semitrailer and the FM out driving ...
William Tyrrell’s foster dad details his frantic search for toddler

I’m sure if someone wants to wade through 40 plus pages clicking every link the other article will be there...

Yes, long term members wade through those pages regularly to supply info to newer members. It is a very laborious task.

But I bet you are both learning a lot. That is why some of us encourage newer members to go back and read through the threads.

Last edited:
You would hope so .... surely people would have been scouring all over that initial footage ...

I also read an old article yesterday that said FM pulled over for truck when she went for the drive looking for William .. also wonder if he had dash cam footage??
I'd like to read that, do you have a link?

I’d be happy to read that again as well. I remember searching for that. TIA.

For some reason my phone won’t load it, so could you please copy and paste the section that says about FM pulling over for the truck? TIA.
(quote)
His foster mother tells investigators as she drove around looking for William, she saw a large truck coming down the road and pulled over to let it pass.

"It was a semi trailer coming down the road really fast. And he thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me by saying thanks for pulling over. But I pulled over 'cause I've just got my head out the window, you know, looking for William," she said.
Desperate search for William captured

(quote)
His foster mother tells investigators as she drove around looking for William, she saw a large truck coming down the road and pulled over to let it pass.

"It was a semi trailer coming down the road really fast. And he thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me by saying thanks for pulling over. But I pulled over 'cause I've just got my head out the window, you know, looking for William," she said.
Ah, thank you Karinna. Much appreciated.

This isn’t the exact same article but it does mention the same truck - a semitrailer and the FM out driving ...
William Tyrrell’s foster dad details his frantic search for toddler

I’m sure if someone wants to wade through 40 plus pages clicking every link the other article will be there...
In case it was a post instead of an article you were thinking of, @SLouTh, here's one by @frogwell (who had been at the inquest in March) replying to a question from me about FFC's drive along Batar Creek Road:

"The FFC was on the stand being questioned. The FFC talked about pulling over to the side of the road to search, when a truck behind her acknowledged her as she assumed he was saying thank you for letting him pass her. I did not catch which direction it was travelling or what time this was etc."
- frogwell (thread #41, post #848)

FFC talks about this in her police walk-through video.
- "'This is ridiculous. He's not down here'...", Daily Mail Australia, 27 March 2019.

PS allegedly saw the cars in the street according to his 2016 statement: William Tyrrell neighbour breaks down at inquest
And also mentioned them at the inquest (it does say he saw them on 10th Sept): NoCookies | The Australian
@Wexford,
Yes, the PS sighting is definitely interesting, especially if he saw them during his morning walk and had to walk right past them. If they weren't in the vicinity when William went missing then maybe they're not of any relevance, but still it would be interesting to find out who was driving and why they were there.

I've seen two locations reported for the PS sighting (links below):
1. Batar Creek Road;
2. Benaroon Drive.
Does anybody know which (if any) is correct?

1. "The court heard the 75-year-old told police in a statement on March 16, 2016 that he had seen two vehicles parked at Batar Creek Road on September 10, two days before William went missing."
- "William Tyrrell inquest: Coronial inquest set to return to Taree in November", Port Macquarie News, 23 August 2019

2. "Mr Savage was also questioned about the sightings of two cars he had mentioned seeing on Benaroon Drive"...
- "William Tyrrell neighbour breaks down at inquest into toddler’s disappearance", News.com.au, 23 August 2019

There was media there early and I recall a chopper around the area who might have got some visuals where cars were parked.

There is the chopper video in this link (at the bottom of the page and called "Where's William Tyrrell: Aerial Shot Of Benaroon Drive"). Not sure which search it is from - and Savage's garage is just out of the picture, so I can't see what the typical parking arrangement was for his and Heather's vehicles.

Where's William Tyrrell? EP 1: The Little Boy In The Spiderman Suit

I've seen two locations reported for the PS sighting (links below):
1. Batar Creek Road;
2. Benaroon Drive.
Does anybody know which (if any) is correct?

This is what The Australian says ... doesn't actually mention which street, but it is assumptive that it is Benaroon Drive (I think) because Diane Elston seems to be trying to confirm FM's sighting.

Paul Savage, who turned 75 on Tuesday, told council assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock he noticed two cars parked on the road on Wednesday September 10, 2014. William Tyrrell disappeared on the morning of Friday September 12, 2014.
“They were older vehicles, sixties or seventies, maybe in that area. I tried to memorise the licence plates but I couldn’t remember. A white one and a bluey grey one.”

Mr Savage’s first recorded written statement recorded on September 25, 2014 made no mention of the two cars.

Mr Craddock referred back to a March 16, 2016 statement where Mr Savage first referred to the unknown cars, “The first car was, was white, it looked like a camry, with a fast back, a hatch back...The white car looked like a 1990s model. You say blue car, common four door, sedan… You’re absolutely sure you saw them?
Mr Savage: “Yes.”
Mr Craddock asked him: “Did you tell anybody?”
“Only Heather, my wife,” Mr Savage replied.
“When the boy disappeared did you think you should tell somebody?
“I did tell somebody, it might’ve been the police, I can’t remember. I don’t know,” Mr Savage said.

Diane Elston representing the father followed up on the purporting sighting of the cars asking if it’s possible Mr Savage told the foster mother?
Mr Savage: “No I can’t recall”
Ms Elston: “You mentioned you told Heather about the cars you saw, is it possible she told someone?”
Mr Savage: “No no, unless she told them at bingo, that’s the only time she could’ve done.”
Ms Elston asked if he could’ve told someone about the cars but has no recollection. And if it could’ve been anyone?”
“Could’ve been,” Mr Savage conceded.

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell inquiry: Neighbour gives muddled evidence on unknown cars
Nicholas Adams-Dzierzba - August 23, 2019

Last edited:

[COLOR=#000000]This is what The Australian says ...

Paul Savage, who turned 75 on Tuesday, told council assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock he noticed two cars parked on the road on Wednesday September 10, 2014. William Tyrrell disappeared on the morning of Friday September 12, 2014.
“They were older vehicles, sixties or seventies, maybe in that area. I tried to memorise the licence plates but I couldn’t remember. A white one and a bluey grey one.”

Mr Savage’s first recorded written statement recorded on September 25, 2014 made no mention of the two cars.

Mr Craddock referred back to a March 16, 2016 statement where Mr Savage first referred to the unknown cars, “The first car was, was white, it looked like a camry, with a fast back, a hatch back...The white car looked like a 1990s model. You say blue car, common four door, sedan… You’re absolutely sure you saw them?
Mr Savage: “Yes.”
Mr Craddock asked him: “Did you tell anybody?”
“Only Heather, my wife,” Mr Savage replied.
“When the boy disappeared did you think you should tell somebody?
“I did tell somebody, it might’ve been the police, I can’t remember. I don’t know,” Mr Savage said.

Diane Elston representing the father followed up on the purporting sighting of the cars asking if it’s possible Mr Savage told the foster mother?
Mr Savage: “No I can’t recall”
Ms Elston: “You mentioned you told Heather about the cars you saw, is it possible she told someone?”
Mr Savage: “No no, unless she told them at bingo, that’s the only time she could’ve done.”
Ms Elston asked if he could’ve told someone about the cars but has no recollection. And if it could’ve been anyone?”
“Could’ve been,” Mr Savage conceded.[/COLOR]

[URL='https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/william-tyrrell-inquiry-neighbour-gives-muddled-evidence-on-unknown-cars/news-story/dd7bc86a5b97a1ab13768b700d3a0c23']NoCookies | The Australian[/URL]
[SIZE=4]William Tyrrell inquiry: Neighbour gives muddled evidence on unknown cars
[COLOR=#000000][URL='https://www.theaustralian.com.au/author/Nicholas+Adams-Dzierzba'][COLOR=#000000]Nicholas Adams-Dzierzba[/COLOR] [/URL]-[/COLOR] August 23, 2019[/SIZE]

What I find odd is the reference to the 60s or 70s model cars... surely 2 vintage cars would really stand out?

JMO

What I find odd is the reference to the 60s or 70s model cars... surely 2 vintage cars would really stand out?

JMO

Plus in 2016 the white car is described as a hatchback ... not a stationwagon, as artist impression pics and other articles have described about the white vehicle FM saw.
From 2016 to 2019 Paul Savage's car descriptions have changed.

(quote)

Does anyone know what time this drive made by FM occurred so it can also be added to the timeline? TIA

I have done the same myself on occasion, and lots of other posters on other threads do it too when they're addressing a particular poster. Is there a problem with that? Is it against TOS ?

While it is not against TOS, members should be using the "Reply with Quote" feature so all members can see specifically what is being addressed and not have to go rummaging back to see what it is about.

hth

I’m pulling this across from the last thread re the Chanel7 photos re the vehicles.

It looks similar to, say, an HQ station wagon ‘71-‘74. Or the same era Falcon station wagon.

These old vehicles could be show cars or just paddock bashers. Big $$$s or fit for parts.

Attachments

• 8464792B-098F-49A1-BF4E-1F3E832A7285.jpeg
    8464792B-098F-49A1-BF4E-1F3E832A7285.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 14
  • 188D2661-7B9D-4488-9C44-287862F7FB37.jpeg
    188D2661-7B9D-4488-9C44-287862F7FB37.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I came across a couple of articles in the past day which both mentioned another vehicle.. a 'white ute' which was parked with someone staring at them discovering the 'blood evidence' when they found it, and someone reported it. I can go look for it again if necessary.

Found it.. there are many with same info:

"One volunteer found blood near a road on the afternoon of the fifth day of searching, and Sen Const Rowley was approached by a woman offering information. “She told us a male in a white ute had been sitting off the side (of the road) watching the actions of police around the ‘blood find’ for about 15 minutes,” the officer said."
Disturbing early clues in William Tyrrell search

ETA: added MSM quote

Last edited:
We don’t all have to agree.... but I personally think we should add a note to the timeline about Det L Beaucroft’s statement about the possibility of William going missing from as early as 1005hrs ..

Just a note... not a fact!
I believe it should be added as well, with a note that it is Beacroft's estimation.
Just wondering if anyone knows the reasoning behind Beacroft's thinking that the timing was between 10:05-10:15am? Everything the FPs have said seems to align with roughly 10:30:
  • -looking for him for about 20 minutes before 000 call
  • -the text came in from FD at 10:30am saying home in 5 minutes, FM asks W if he can see daddy's car
  • -FM tells FD it just happened
  • -I believe that is why FM asked FD if W was with him, because timing was so close to his return?
  • -AMS is said to be the first one approached by FM, but FD had already arrived home by then and was heard calling him by AMS
  • -FM said it had only been 5 minutes he'd been missing before they went looking for him, which was after FD arrived home realized he was missing
  • -in one of the FP early interviews when asked what time, FD said 10:15, and FM said something like, 'noooo' to that time (from memory)
imo.

Edit for correction as noted

Last edited:
Have setup a spreadsheet still a work in progress and there are a couple on this unconfirmed. I’ll put a * on these when there is a discrepancy going forward.
I’ll keep further details and perhaps links on a spreadsheet which I can upload ? It’s too hard to upload all the information here so have just kept with basic info for here and then happy to update every couple of days (note don’t want to flood this thread do maybe less?)
I will get started on similar for timeline when I get a chance...

BBM: Yes, it would be great if other thread members could be allowed their own input into any timeline. There is a wealth of information in people's inquest notes and others recall. It is a shame that it is not more of an inclusive affair.

BBM: Yes, it would be great if other thread members could be allowed their input into any timeline. There is a wealth of information in people's inquest notes and others recall.
100% I’m merely just getting the ball rolling. In fact I don’t have a lot just going to source from here and podcasts etc for comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member