Found Deceased WA - Ritchie Ambrose Collins, 58, North Cascades National Park, April 2019

Brittany - I'm fairly active in the gun community (sports, and shoot competition pistol). If you have a list of the missing weapons I'd be happy to check any private forums to see if someone is trying to sell them. My family is in Washington state. Grace.

t
GraceG, Hi I'm Randy Collins, Ritch's brother. I'd like to have a sit down and talk with you if possible. I'm not sure how to go about getting certified as britney has done, but all I want is to find out what happened to my brother.

GraceG, Hi I'm Randy Collins, Ritch's brother. I'd like to have a sit down and talk with you if possible. I'm not sure how to go about getting certified as britney has done, but all I want is to find out what happened to my brother.

Hi Randy,

You and your family have our hopes and prayers that your brother will be found safe and sound.

The process for being verified as an insider is here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Whatcom County Sheriff's Office

Ritchie Ambrose Collins was listed as missing on April 30th after National Park Service rangers reported that his vehicle had been parked at the Colonial Creek Campground for about two weeks. Deputies have searched miles of trails around the campground in the North Cascades National Park, but have not located him.

Ritchie is 58 years of age, 6'-1" tall and weighs 275 pounds. He has brown eyes and brown hair.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to contact Detective Ken Gates at 360-778-6613.

67605743_10156210871757187_6744098411437359104_n.jpg
I hope you'll contact me Britney. This is Randy, Ritch's brother.

Hi Randy,

You and your family have our hopes and prayers that your brother will be found safe and sound.

The process for being verified as an insider is here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Thanks Paul. I need to speak with the sheriff's office on Monday, but I don't know what I can or should share on here. Let's just say weeks before we tried to do concerning Ritchie. I went through the verification link, I'm no computer expert, but it seemed it just changed my homepage and browser?

Thanks for the updates, Britney.
More questions:
Did neighbor say if bag was for travel vs. a shopping bag? Has his mail been piling up, was home in disarray, does he have a computer & is it missing, was the bag the neighbor saw him with found in his car?
Warm welcome @Randy Collins, has any new information come to you or @britney collins?

Warm welcome @Randy Collins, has any new information come to you or @britney collins?
Hi Penny, again, I'd like to talk to the detective first, I'm not sure what if anything they do NOT want let out. But I have also spoken to the neighbor, yes it was a small bag like a school backpack, I would assume yes his mail is piling up, I went to two post offices here , spoke to the postmasters and the relevant one said he would get back with me on the dates and if the carrier remembers about when it started to accumulate. The apartment was a mess, which is VERY unlike my brother, yes there was a computer which has been removed from the dwelling. I have no idea if the bag was found in the vehicle. I do know there are things they have not made public and would like to speak to them personally to see if there is some reason why. The article said they have exhausted all leads, but I'm not sure how that can be when they haven't even spoken to all the family yet. As far as the bag being in the vehicle or not, the neighbor said she had seen him a few days before with that bag, it doesn't necessarily mean he had it with him at the time?

Last edited:
This is my Dad I just found out he was missing, 35+ guns of his are missing or stolen. I went to the campground this weekend and after talking to detectives and rangers I believe my dads car was ditched there. I’ll answer any questions and help with what I have so far but I need a lot of help to find my dad PLEASE he’s a veteran. Served 23 years. Here’s an updated flier
I'm not sure how you found out about your Dad Britney, as for me , my youngest son sent me a text on Sept 2 2019. Helluva way to find out. Please contact me so we can get together and try to figure this out.

Your family certainly has our prayers and wishes for you to find the answers you seek. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know. Thanks very much for be willing to come here . Best to you all
Thank You Luckyzmom. I would have been here much sooner, as I am sure Britney and any other family would have been if we had known sooner. In this day and age to find out 5 months after the fact is quite shocking to say the least. Let's just say some family found out much sooner and "forgot" to let the rest know.

For that I am so sorry. Unacceptable for sure. So catch up, see what you can dig up ! Holler if you need anything or just more eyes is very helpful sometimes too. What ever we can do to help you we will try ! Best wishes for your journey and always Prayers for all of you ! JMO

For that I am so sorry. Unacceptable for sure. So catch up, see what you can dig up ! Holler if you need anything or just more eyes is very helpful sometimes too. What ever we can do to help you we will try ! Best wishes for your journey and always Prayers for all of you ! JMO
It's all good. My one and only concern is where is Ritchie. Everything else is inconsequential. My only reservation is, he may not want to be found.

Go with your gut it's seldom wrong. Never ever give up. Yell if you need a hand please ! I hope Ritchie is safe and warm wherever he is

I started the morning invading Canada. I went to thank the agents who assisted in the search for Ritch at the Sumas border crossing. I didn't make my turn and ended up wasting two hours getting out of Canada with a firearm. It was nice to finally meet people who actually worked with Ritchie. Then I went to the Whatcom sheriffs office and spoke with Detective Gates for quite a while. Without a power of attorney there is not much left they can do. I'm hoping Britney can get that done that way they can access his mail, banking and possibly phone records. I also thanked them for their search efforts and assured them I only want to help. From there I headed to Marblemount Ranger station. I thanked them for their participation in the search, unfortunately most were out on duty. So now it's driving around Bellingham with a picture of Ritchie on my phone asking, "Have you seen him?". It feels kinda futile after being so long since anyone has seen him, but who knows?

This article has more info. Here’s some things LE has done:
Hester said that investigation included searching Collins financial accounts, veterans records and work history and as well as interviewing his family back East. The family told the Sheriff's Office that it was a bit unusual for Collins to go camping and he wasn't known to take extended backpacking trips.

One thing from the article must not be right, though. Britney wrote she talked to the neighbor herself who told her she remembers seeing her father in the beginning of March, but this article states the neighbor saw him within the last week of April.

If it was the last week of April, that would have been after his car was already discovered parked where it was found at the National Park—is my brain working right? The neighbor told Britney the beginning of March, which would have been before the car was noticed parked.
'We have ... exhausted all of our leads,' sheriff's office says of missing Whatcom man

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back