TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anvato Universal Player

Donte Anderson talked to Brown the night he was killed. He said Brown was staying home that night and seemed in good spirits.

“He was talking about going to the fair,” he said. “That’s it.”

“It seemed surreal because we had just spoke to him,” he said.

Anderson has known Brown since high school. “Since we were about 16, 17,” he said.

They shared a love of sports. Brown played football at Lancaster High School and in college at the University of South Florida.

“That inspired me,” Anderson said. “He didn’t let one thing get him down.”

“That trial… he did great,” Anderson said. “At the end of the day though, I’m not going to lie to you, I wish he would’ve stayed out of the trial.”

“I do tattoos,” Anderson said. “I did a couple tattoos on Josh. He’d help me out. Tell me I need to do this with my business. That and that. Me and Josh had a bunch of conversations that I’m going to miss.”

“There were no enemies, no time to make enemies,” he said “Josh’s heart touched a lot of people and when you lose somebody like that a little piece of everybody he touched is gone too.”
Friend Of Joshua Brown Wants Murderer Caught, Thinks He 'Did Great' During Amber Guyger Trial

LBM

Good post !
Didn't think about this from your viewpoint.

What police dept. would WANT a f.@ k. up working for them ?
Someone (A.G.) who made them look poorly trained, incompetent, and too stupid to tell that an apartment's furnishings are different from their own ?

Walking into an apt. by mistake can be understood , as others in that building had done the same -- but not gunning down a man who is non-threatening and eating ice cream.
So what if she was sexting ?
She had to have looked up from her phone and at the room long enough to realize it wasn't her own !
What does that do for the DPD's reputation ?

And if this murder of JB has nothing to do with the police, AG's ineptness brought this scrutiny upon them ; they have her idiocy to thank !
Imo.
Rant over.

- In advance : As a non-LE myself, I have no idea what it's like ; and haven't walked in their shoes.

Was it a case of fear and adrenaline that made AG decide she had to shoot first and ask questions later ?
Outside of her telling him "Hands up !" Or something to that effect.

From a non-LE civilian's perspective, maybe the job and it's pressures cause people like AG to lose control very quickly and for her, shooting to kill is her best and easiest option ?
So just saying don't judge others before working at the same job yourself.

The other poster who mentioned that cops will never throw each other under the bus and that the thin blue line aren't just words --- maybe they understand how difficult it is on your shift .

Last edited:
You can be sure they are and some of them are willing to milk this angle for all it's worth because it fits a certain narrative.

Is it possible that JB would have also been called as a witness in the case of the guy who shot him in the foot, murdered another person and is out walking around on bond? Those NOT asking that question need to ask themselves why.
If the shooter in last year's case is the murderer of JB, it is very tactical - he eliminates the victim witness against himself, and as a bonus, a huge swathe of upset people are blaming DPD. Evil genius.

Cui bono? It is not DPD.

Taking everything Merritt has to say with a huge grain of salt.
ETA: Seems like the fear was about the shooting incident at the club.

Yup -- once again, Merritt sprinkles in the truth when forced and/or when faced with the facts.

He did it with the shot in the mouth story, and now when recognizing the November 2018 street fight, and shooting that JB was a party to.

Merritt is a real tool, IMO.

Just wondering here : Are you saying the DPD would retaliate for A.G ?
Even given her performance the night BJ was murdered ?
Curious.

Absolutely NOT. If I thought that I'd say so and I don't. My reply was in response to the idea that her fellow officers would be glad to see her go down and wash their hands of her. Quite the opposite. They circled the wagons and tried to help her and that's how they roll.

This is ok to post since it's from ABC. Right? I thought it was posted here yesterday.
Neighbor who filmed wrong apartment shooting aftermath says she's had death threats

Thanks for this post -- news to me.

So Bunny gave video she took from the lower floor stairwell to the Dallas County DA's Office --AFTER she uploaded it to her social media.

That stunt was for own attention, and upset when it backfired on her.

(The harassment began shortly after Bunny uploaded the video to social media, she said.)

Huh?...

MOO

ETA: add Bunny's quote

Last edited:
Explanation of complainant versus victim in Texas criminal cases, provided by a Texas law firm:

https://www.pacefirm.com/faq/complainant.html

"Who is the complainant in a criminal case?

In Austin, criminal defense attorneys often refer to an alleged victim as the “complainant” or “complaining witness,” even when the criminal complaint was actually filed by a police officer. Law enforcement, on the other hand, typically uses “complainant” to mean a person who called 9-1-1 or otherwise first reported an alleged offense to law enforcement.

As a general rule, the terms “alleged victim” and “complainant” are preferable if the accused has not been convicted of the alleged offense because the term “victim” on its own may unfairly presume that a crime actually occurred, which is often not true, especially in domestic violence cases."

- In advance : As a non-LE myself, I have no idea what it's like ; and haven't walked in their shoes.

Was it a case of fear and adrenaline that made AG decide she had to shoot first and ask questions later ?
Outside of her telling him "Hands up !" Or something to that effect.

From a non-LE civilian's perspective, maybe the job and it's pressures cause people like AG to lose control very quickly and for her, shooting to kill is her best and easiest option ?
So just saying don't judge others before working at the same job yourself.

The other poster who mentioned that cops will never throw each other under the bus and that the thin blue line aren't just words --- maybe they understand how difficult it is on your shift .

Yep. It's a "there but for the grace of God go I" kind of thing, I imagine.

Yup -- once again, Merritt sprinkles in the truth when forced and/or when faced with the facts.

He did it with the shot in the mouth story, and now when recognizing the November 2018 street fight, and shooting that JB was a party to.

Merritt is a real tool, IMO.

Why such a focus on Merritt?

And why say Brown was "a party to" what happened in 2018? "A party to" implies responsiblity. Is that how you meant it?

Suspect 2 in the murder that night waited for Brown outside the club to "fight" him. Brown fought back and tried to leave. He was shot. Another man was shot and killed.

Brown wasn't a party to anything. He was a victim.

Thanks for this post -- news to me.

So Bunny gave video she took from the lower floor stairwell to the Dallas County DA's Office --AFTER she uploaded it to her social media.

That stunt was for own attention, and upset when it backfired on her. Huh?...

MOO
Maybe I downloaded the wrong video.
The one I saw was where she was trying to bring to people's attention what really happened, and got a huge backlash for doing it. I'll have to double check this later to see if I posted wrong.

Maybe I downloaded the wrong video.
The one I saw was where she was trying to bring to people's attention what really happened, and got a huge backlash for doing it. I'll have to double check this later to see if I posted wrong.

No problem -- I only read the linked article (not good video/audio coverage on my phone).

That video was seized by prosecutors and has not been seen by the public. In addition, she was placed under a gag order by the prosecution and cannot discuss the details of the video in public. Despite the fact she was only a witness to the shooting, she has received death threats and now she says she has been fired from her job.
https://atlantadailyworld.com/2019/...r-amber-guyger-shoot-botham-jean-fired-video/

That video was seized by prosecutors and has not been seen by the public. In addition, she was placed under a gag order by the prosecution and cannot discuss the details of the video in public. Despite the fact she was only a witness to the shooting, she has received death threats and now she says she has been fired from her job.
https://atlantadailyworld.com/2019/...r-amber-guyger-shoot-botham-jean-fired-video/

I'm confused about the video allegedly not having been seen by the public. Didn't she put it on YT and that's the video we've seen of AG pacing back and forth?

^^bbm

ABC's coverage:

Bunny said she gave the video to the Dallas County District Attorney's Office. Prosecutors did not offer a comment to ABC News due to a gag order on the case.

The harassment began shortly after Bunny uploaded the video to social media, she said.

Neighbor who filmed wrong apartment shooting aftermath says she's had death threats

I'm confused about the video allegedly not having been seen by the public. Didn't she put it on YT and that's the video we've seen of AG pacing back and forth?

That's also what I understood.

Bunny said she gave video to Dallas County DA, and her harassment began after she uploaded the video to social media.

I don't believe there were two different videos -- or not my impression.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member