TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the DPD has as much integrity as it should it might be beneficial to call in the FBI on this one. For obvious reasons.
MOO
If the FBI end up investigating, we will never get any information at all.
I liked the police chief...
I think she will throw a big budget into this one and tons of resources. That's what is needed now and fast.
She was quick to turn the others over to internal affairs for investigation. I reckon they will be fired.
She seems to be a strong woman and she wants to clean up that entire department and I'd be up for giving her that chance.
(I'll be crushed again and inconsolable if I'm wrong about this but I'm aware too that it is a possibility.)

Wow.

WOW. I can see why so many believe That Joshua Brown was silenced by Corrupt LEO. I hope she wins her case against the pharma Company that wrongfully terminated her. I also hope she has protection from the evil people who put a target on her.
MOO
I don't take anything she says at face value. Merritt misled everyone and now it's showing to be a house of cards. Maybe she was wrongfully terminated. Maybe not. Maybe making up a bunch of things. Her credibility was immediately undermined when she stated that it was impossible to find yourself at the wrong apartment. Also, a sign of these unfortunate social media times that people are so consumed with: posting video of a shooting on the internet before thinking things through. Also, who is going to stand outside and video after 2 shots are fired? I don't agree with actions of AG after the shooting and I think she did not tell the whole truth. Plenty of untruths and lies of omission coming from all directions.
ETA: Can't believe the hysteria surrounding the thought that LE is involved.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight????? May as well ask a Fox to guard your henhouse. Just saying.
MOO
If they're sayin' that, they can have no objections to a massive budget being provided by the city for the investigation and every subsequent investigation ...?
Hall can hit them for additional funding now and they will have to provide it.

I don't take anything she says at face value. Merritt misled everyone and now it's showing to be a house of cards. Maybe she was wrongfully terminated. Maybe not. Maybe making up a bunch of things. Her credibility was immediately undermined when she stated that it was impossible to find yourself at the wrong apartment. Also, a sign of these unfortunate social media times that people are so consumed with: posting video of a shooting on the internet before thinking things through. Also, who is going to stand outside and video after 2 shots are fired? I don't agree with actions of AG after the shooting and I think she did not tell the whole truth. Plenty of untruths and lies of omission coming from all directions.
ETA: Can't believe the hysteria surrounding the thought that LE is involved.
Really??? A LEO shot a man in his own apartment Key words ( Downward Tragegtory).
So much more anger and threats towards witnesses.
I'm not saying I definitely think it Leo's that killed Joshua Brown. But to not raise an eyebrow,and rule that out as a possibility is rather foolhardy. Just like the willingness to whitewash AG'S attitude towards Certain people.
MOO

Really??? A LEO shot a man in his own apartment Key words ( Downward Tragegtory).
So much more anger and threats towards witnesses.
I'm not saying I definitely think it Leo's that killed Joshua Brown. But to not raise an eyebrow,and rule that out as a possibility is rather foolhardy. Just like the willingness to whitewash AG'S attitude towards Certain people.
MOO
Really. There is ZERO chance LE is involved in the killing of JB. It's really fanciful thinking, IMO. So many folks will be sorely disappointed when the truth comes out. Odd, but true.

So much saaaaarcaaaasmm and innuendo about AG, the DPD and Brown on this thread it disappoints me hugely. We used to be better than this. Much better. WSers used to have discussions of facts where we bounced intelligent, thoughtful and reasonable fact based theory off of each other. God Bless America.

Really. There is ZERO chance LE is involved in the killing of JB. It's really fanciful thinking, IMO. So many folks will be sorely disappointed when the truth comes out. Odd, but true.
Seriously?????? Zero chance. You must have been there,and witnessed his murder then. Fascinating.
I will not be disappointed in the truth coming out. Who ever killed Joshua Brown should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Yup -- once again, Merritt sprinkles in the truth when forced and/or when faced with the facts.

He did it with the shot in the mouth story, and now when recognizing the November 2018 street fight, and shooting that JB was a party to.

Merritt is a real tool, IMO.

[bbm]

LOL
tell us how you really feel

So much saaaaarcaaaasmm and innuendo about AG, the DPD and Brown on this thread it disappoints me hugely. We used to be better than this. Much better. WSers used to have discussions of facts where we bounced intelligent, thoughtful and reasonable fact based theory off of each other. God Bless America.

Well we don't exactly have a lot of facts to work with here. If you have some then by all means please provide them.

Where is a link that says there is zero chance? Or is this your opinion?
It's my belief.

I already wrote in another post: Really. There is ZERO chance LE is involved in the killing of JB. It's really fanciful thinking, IMO. So many folks will be sorely disappointed when the truth comes out. Odd, but true.

Belief is a more accurate description though. IMO.

Judge says she couldn't refuse convicted ex-cop a hug

Kemp walked over to the defense table to speak with Guyger, who she said went through a “marked change” after the verdict.

Kemp said that Guyger asked twice if she could hug her as well and, after a moment’s hesitation, the judge wrapped her arms around the former police officer.

“Following my own convictions, I could not refuse that woman a hug. I would not,” said Kemp, who is black. “And I don’t understand the anger. And I guess I could say if you profess religious beliefs and you are going to follow them, I would hope that they not be situational and limited to one race only.”

Kemp defended her actions as appropriate Monday, saying they took place after the legal proceeding was over and were not part of the official trial record.

“I didn’t do that from the bench,” she said. “I came down to extend my condolences to the Jean family and to encourage Ms. Guyger because has a lot of life to live.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee