Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
respectfully snipped by me for focus

is there an 'unmain' thread?

or are you referring to having a private chat group you usually dwell in.

appreciate clarity if there is somewhere we are not all privy to.
I usually loiter in the Basement and Private Group, but Im always watching. Especially you, Kmac.

SvS

After reading your post, something about the way you worded it, I could see "a couple" as a couple of girls and that could possibly be why DG would head down to the river. I guess it all depends on if he said "on the trails" or worded it more specifically. But if he doesn't publicly speak we won't know until the court date. Moo
That was my take on it. Or he would head there to ask the couple if they had seen the girls. That is why it is important if the couple were on the bridge or under it. Down to the creek is under it and it is a different trail to get on the bridge. Which reminds me that BP says several of the girls' friend were under the bridge when she got there so where were they when the girls disappeared? Did she speak to them and what did they say? Wouldn't they be the first people you would talk to? MOO

Ok consider it deleted. I was going to edit it out but it was too late.
Your opinion you haven't to delete. Your portrayal maybe quite right. We will see, hopefully in the very near future!, if the killer was a meth head too.

Which things in particular ? The amount of ground that was covered by DG in 15 mins? Anything else?

BBM - He covered a lot of ground. Last night my daughter and I walked a mile as fast as we could just to see how long it would take. We are both 5’5” and normal sized (neither overweight or super skinny) and it took us 19 minutes.

BBM - He covered a lot of ground. Last night my daughter and I walked a mile as fast as we could just to see how long it would take. We are both 5’5” and normal sized (neither overweight or super skinny) and it took us 19 minutes.
Ok so 3 miles an hour. It would be interesting to work out how long it would take to cover the distance he travelled. I think @TL4S may have worked out all the distances.

MOO I have quickly worked out DG would have walked about 1.5 miles from the drop off to the creek area under the bridge then to Freedom Bridge then back to drop off. That would be half an hour's walking. So from 3.14 till he got back at around 3.45. Does that tie up with timeline?

Confirmation bias is basically tunnel vision. All of the agencies experiencing this in unison is highly unlikely. I can see some of the individual agencies or even just high ranking individuals within those agencies experiencing this. If the agency or individual is high enough I can see them developing confirmation bias/tunnel vision which might have a heavy influence on the investigation that alters the course. The only Example that comes to mind is the Olympic Park Bombing/Richard Jewell.
bbm
And, tunnel vision lacks even a morsel of critical thinking ;)

MOO I have quickly worked out DG would have walked about 1.5 miles from the drop off to the creek area under the bridge then to Freedom Bridge then back to drop off. That would be half an hour's walking. So from 3.14 till he got back at around 3.45. Does that tie up with timeline?

According to Foreigner’s timeline in media thread:

“3:14
Derrick, Libby's dad call Libby again saying he has arrived at the meeting point,
no answer just voicemail, so he walk towards the trailhead, didn't see anybody....

3:35
Derrick walk down to the Freedom Bridge and on his way he meet the older man again (the FSM witness ?).

4:00
Derrick has walked back to the meeting point.”

So roughly 45 minutes or less to make the loop. And that does appear accurate with respect to the miles per hour estimate.

No snark to the OP (whose name I can’t remember now!) at all intended- I’m genuinely curious as to why we are second guessing DG’s timeline? Is it to try to ascertain how far down the path to the lower part of the bridge DG may have ventured based on how long it took him to return to meeting point?

MOO.

I'd say anywhere from 1 to 1.5 miles. Maybe less than a mile. When CuteKitty walked the distance it was as fast as they could walk, if I have that right. DG may have been stopping or slowing down to call the girls on his cell, stopping to ask others if they saw the girls, looking as he walked and stopping from time to time to look behind and around him and maybe just stopping to think what may have happened and what to do next. I doubt if he covered the distance of 1.5 miles in 31 minutes.

I'd say anywhere from 1 to 1.5 miles. Maybe less than a mile. When CuteKitty walked the distance it was as fast as they could walk, if I have that right. DG may have been stopping or slowing down to call the girls on his cell, stopping to ask others if they saw the girls, looking as he walked and stopping from time to time to look behind and around him and maybe just stopping to think what may have happened and what to do next. I doubt if he covered the distance of 1.5 miles in 31 minutes.

On YouTube a Railroad buff has posted a video of walking from west Delphi (pittsburg) to the end of the Monon High Bridge
"Exploring the Abandoned Monon
Railway ROW in Delphi Indiana."
At about 23 minute mark, they start walking across the old highway bridge and then Freedom Bridge across I25 and on to MHB.
I found it very informative as to the type of trail, (good walking) the fact that there is a way to get to the trail from CPS on 300 by going behind the farm vehicle dealership and down a connecting road, without going up to the start of the trail on the Freedom Bridge circle, and the way the way the trail splits at the nature preserve and turns at the MHB.

I have still not changed my mind. The perpetrator of this crime IMHO was very familiar with the trails alongside entrances and exits of this location.

Edited to add_ either public known about or short cuts if that makes sense

IMHO
MingyMoo

Last edited:
Two Quick questions for the group.

BG Video
If the video was shot in selfie mode, does that mean everything is reversed or in mirror mode? Has this been taken into account? I do wish they would release the video in its standard format and not zoomed in.

The Couple(Under or on the Bridge)
Do we know if they have been Identified and questioned? If not why has LE not asked if anyone saw a couple at the trail that day? If they might be a witness or even a suspect I would think LE would also want to speak with them.

Ok so 3 miles an hour. It would be interesting to work out how long it would take to cover the distance he travelled. I think @TL4S may have worked out all the distances.

I should’ve also added that the surface we walked on was mostly flat, there is a slight incline at 2 points, but most of it is flat. We are also in decent shape and we were speed walking just so see how fast we could do it.

I remember looking at the distances and the terrain after listening to the interview and thinking I could probably do it in the same time, but I think I’d have to run parts of it.

You are correct. We were walking as fast as we could and it had nothing to do with this case. Pure irony that we chose to time ourselves yesterday. We were just curious about how fast we could walk 1 mile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member