Identified! WA - Clark Co., Fem Skeletal Remains, near Fly Creek, Feb'80 - Sandy Morden

I don't mean to add to the confusion here, but I read the quote above as the remains themselves were originally thought to be six years old, and not from a six year old.

Thank you. Yes I meant the remains could have been there for 6 years, making the timeline between Suzanne's disappearance and the discovery of the remains a reasonable one.

I don’t see where she has been listed, but has anyone thought of this girl? I know she is from Puerto Rico...but it’s possible, especially if it was unfortunately human trafficking. Just thought she shared a similar appearance with this UID. Especially the age progression. What do you guys think?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• EA76FF22-1F02-43C6-8638-CDE7D7CEE978.jpeg
    EA76FF22-1F02-43C6-8638-CDE7D7CEE978.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 54
I don’t see where she has been listed, but has anyone thought of this girl? I know she is from Puerto Rico...but it’s possible, especially if it was unfortunately human trafficking. Just thought she shared a similar appearance with this UID. Especially the age progression. What do you guys think?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She would also have been 15/16 in 1978-79, and if she was 5 ft 1 and 125 at 11 years old, it sounds as though she might have had a stocky/muscular type of build. I think you !ight have something here. If so, poor girl....must be a terrible story from 1974 in Puerto Rico to ?

She would also have been 15/16 in 1978-79, and if she was 5 ft 1 and 125 at 11 years old, it sounds as though she might have had a stocky/muscular type of build. I think you !ight have something here. If so, poor girl....must be a terrible story from 1974 in Puerto Rico to ?

I was thinking the same thing about her stocky build. I agree though, 4 years and from Puerto Rico to end up here can’t be good. :( she went missing with her brother. I’ll look later on to see if there are any other John does that might have came up around the same time frame that they went missing or even later too. Hmm.

Sandra “Sandy” Morden has been identified as the FCJD! Thanks to all who have been working diligently on this case and following the FCJD page I started a couple years ago! RIP SANDY! It’s time for justice!

Attachments

• 499B5C67-6551-42F0-99E7-4EA7C30AEC95.jpeg
    499B5C67-6551-42F0-99E7-4EA7C30AEC95.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like she was never reported missing. Extremely sad.

"Investigators don’t know where Sandy was between May 1977 and when her remains were found in February 1980."

DNA testing helps ID Jane Doe found murdered in 1980

It sounds like you are correct. She may have run away, but at the moment that is speculation. I am sure as time goes on, we will know more about what happened to Sandy.

Wow. I didn't follow this case, but it's great she now has her name back. RIP Sandy.
After reading the article, it looks like she may have gotten lost in the shuffle of her parents' divorce. Her mother moved around a lot, and both parents have been dead for a while. I'm just extrapolating, but it would explain how she may have gone unreported or under-reported. It will be interesting to find out what happened to her.

I just saw the great news on Fb, and had to head over here to make sure it was the (former) Jane Doe I thought it was! This is absolutely wonderful, but how extremely sad for her parents, who never got to know where their little girl went :( One can only hope they thought she lived a happy life somewhere else.

From those few photos of Sandra, it looks like the recent recon was pretty spot on, btw.

Tagging @theshadow45 , since I know this case is close to your heart..

I just saw the great news on Fb, and had to head over here to make sure it was the (former) Jane Doe I thought it was! This is absolutely wonderful, but how extremely sad for her parents, who never got to know where their little girl went :( One can only hope they thought she lived a happy life somewhere else.

From those few photos of Sandra, it looks like the recent recon was pretty spot on, btw.

Tagging @theshadow45 , since I know this case is close to your heart..

Yeah I thought Parabon did a great job with the reconstuction! NCMEC tried lol...First person I thought of was @theshadow45! I hope you are celebrating! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back