GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my very first post, and I don’t know how to quote something. But - as to why the jury wants to know whether DM was wearing a seatbelt, I think it goes back to the evidence we heard on Day 1 or 2 from the ballistics expert. One of the assumptions he made was that DM was sitting upright, and then the shooter would have been a tall person based on the angle. If DM was wearing a seatbelt, he was likely upright.

Welcome! Great first post as to getting insight.

That makes perfect sense now why that question was asked. Personally, I had never thought of that was the reason it was asked but it makes perfect sense.

This is my very first post, and I don’t know how to quote something. But - as to why the jury wants to know whether DM was wearing a seatbelt, I think it goes back to the evidence we heard on Day 1 or 2 from the ballistics expert. One of the assumptions he made was that DM was sitting upright, and then the shooter would have been a tall person based on the angle. If DM was wearing a seatbelt, he was likely upright.
Welcome to Ws phillaw, bingo- great suggestion about the seatbelt question!

makes good sense to me!!

Welcome phillaw, with your first post.:):):)
Your seat belt reasoning is 'spot on'.
Hope you'll be here when we hear GUILTY.

At the end of the day the defense attorney was talking to the judge about an iPhone that Rivera had and how he wasn't being honest.

My recollection is Rivera said during his interview that he always had two phones.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 5m5 minutes ago
Detective Isom says Wendi Adelson said she did drive up to the crime scene tape when he interviewed her the day of the murder. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

If she was at the crime tape, she would have seen all the cars at the front of her house
And she didn't stop to find out what had happened, if her kids were all right or involved in any way - she just turned around and drove away. Someone tell me how she didn't know what had just gone down.

If you in Tallahassee were curious about what people in “Tamarac, Florida 33321” were blogging about the person they used to call “Jibber”, please read here:

Dental Dilemma - Charles Adelson

By the way, it has been mentioned few times that Jibber = Talker. In other spoken usages, Jibber = To restively move backward = To balk such as a horse. Maybe he was a Talker but in context, he balked at moving from Tallahassee to Miami. Hence, she put him in her phone as Jibber because he balked at her goading.

As by all accounts ( including affidavits iirc) Dan WAS to have flown to New York that day to visit his girlfriend, therefore...would suggest to assume WA.

That why that day so key? He wasn't expected to pick up kids
Moo

ETA, that was not stated today in what you asked @justice1960

If WA was supposed to do pickup that day, who was going to watch the kids when she went to the ‘stock the bar” party with the Bulleit whiskey ?

And she didn't stop to find out what had happened, if her kids were all right or involved in any way - she just turned around and drove away. Someone tell me how she didn't know what had just gone down.

I can see it now when she is arrested and taken to be a defendant.

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh I saw the crime scene tape and that's why I called him on my way to the liquor store to buy the bulleit booze at ABC liquor..."... yet when I was brought in for questioning an interview I never mentioned that. Pfft

If WA was supposed to do pickup that day, who was going to watch the kids when she went to the ‘stock the bar” party with the Bulleit whiskey ?

Yep. Also, at the normal time to pickup the kids, wasn't she being interrogated by TPD for hours, past the normal time? Who actually did pick them up?

Last edited:

Lots of people have assumed that that party was that evening.

But that has never been documented that I have ever heard that it was that evening.

It wasn't even said by her that it was that evening. She just said she was picking it up for a stock your bar party when prompted as to the name of such party. If I recall correctly.

I'm sure somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

But when she gets on the stand, I would bet that that is going to be something that will be discussed.

As the FBI agent said today, even though it was not her,

.....not yet

Yep. Also, WA's time to pickup the kid was the day of the hit, but wasn't she being interrogated by TPD for hours, past the normal time? Who actually did pick them up

Good question, she was being interviewed at 3 in the afternoon around the pickup for the children and I don't remember anywhere in her interview asking who is going to pick up my children. Dan was supposed to be out of town at that time, who was supposed to pick up the children if not her? Good point.

The bits of the WA interview that have been released are just little excerpts that probably add up to less than 15 minutes.

I just assume discussion about pickup and the kids were not in the segments released.

Also it sounds like Det Isom must have physically gone to the Mosaik restaurant to get her that day? So I’m sure they had a bit of a conversation there. I’m sure he reassured her the kids were ok, etc at that time.
Jmo

Yeah, I'd really like to know more about this Stock the Bar party. Who was it for? Was she going to take the kids along? If not, who was babysitting?
It was an afternoon get together at a restaurant (Mozaik). The kids were at pre-school. She could have picked them up at 5 or 6 pm, after leaving the restaurant. She said in her testimony she would generally pick them up btwn 3 and 6pm, depending on her schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa