PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really scratching my head here after the comment about the weight and size of the dog being a part of the investigation. Anyone here with a theory?
The dog had to have been involved. Why else would LE focus on it? Why did they return seeking the dog? Bite impressions? Why else would the family give it away? Was the dog trained to attack, or was it never trained properly to begin with? Was it a nuisance animal? Did it get loose often? Was it an outside dog due to its aggressive behavior? If so, did someone let it in the basement near the small children? No one ever thinks their dog will attack, it’s their pet, their brain just can’t come to terms with it. But, we all know it happens.

I wasn't sure where to put this since these kids were never missing and nobody has said if anything criminal occurred, so as of now it is not a crime. It's just a big mystery. This is in northern Berks County.

Deaths of Berks siblings still a mystery after autopsies

"The children died last Thursday at Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown, where they were flown last Monday from a home in the 2400 block of Route 143 in Albany Township."

Maybe also post in "Crimes-Spotlight on Children" forum?

And, what could an eight-year old's XBox hold?

I am guessing that the Xbox belonged either to the whole family or primarily to the 17-year old, and that the younger boy just played on it, in which case they might be looking at the kinds of media stored on there (I believe you can go online and download and store content on most Xbox consoles, much like you could with a computer) and at any social networking platforms for gaming that the console might have been connected to.

Guessing here but the size & wieght of the dog per the strength and size of the leash is why they wanted the dog.

eta, the xbox to see who he was communicating with online plus types of games he played.

This is just so sad.

I'm really scratching my head here after the comment about the weight and size of the dog being a part of the investigation. Anyone here with a theory?

This is just conjecture, but could it be that the police are trying to determine whether or not the lead was an appropriate length and strength for a dog of that size? If it turns out to have been a lead better suited to a much bigger dog then I guess it could open the door to questions...like, if the dog was only 50 lbs, why would the family have purchased a lead that could restrain a dog that weighed 100 lbs.? If I were investigating, I might begin to suspect that the heavier-duty lead had been purchased with other intentions in mind.

IMO/MOO

Maybe they're thinking one or two of the poor children got dragged by the dog? I have no idea how this would work with the other information they had; but it makes sense that police would want a frame of reference for how much weight a dog could drag. Not to be graphic, but think about all those hangings in Wild West shows and movies where someone hangs a villain by tying a horse to the other end of the hanging rope, and then swats the horse on the behind to get it running fast and far away, in order to pull the rope taut and snap the villain's neck.

I am guessing that the Xbox belonged either to the whole family or primarily to the 17-year old, and that the younger boy just played on it, in which case they might be looking at the kinds of media stored on there (I believe you can go online and download and store content on most Xbox consoles, much like you could with a computer) and at any social networking platforms for gaming that the console might have been connected to.

I said this on another thread about another case so sorry about the repetition for anyone who remembers reading it; but in an article about the Ashley Madison scandal or something similar, I read a comment which said that a large majority of spousal cheating, secreted *advertiser censored*, etc., could be found on the history of XBoxes, PlayStations, and similar. I assumed the theory was that with men being more likely to be gamers than women, the men are more likely to use the machine; and that women are less likely to think about checking the search histories; or even to know that there is a browser type option on a gaming console.

Affidavit: Berks County siblings were found hanging in basement before they died

From a local-ish ABC affiliate, this article contains another important detail I have seen elsewhere: “Officials said the two [children] were receiving general protective services from welfare officials.”

From the same link, indicating that I think the police are thinking in the same lines (BBM):

Investigators served a search warrant for criminal homicide and confiscated an Xbox from the home.

I mean, it's no surprise on one level I guess, as 8 year olds generally don't kill themselves and feel the need to take younger siblings with them; but it's somewhat reassuring to see in black and white that it is being investigated as a homicide, because it implies a certain sort of intelligence on the part of the police, as well as bravery (isn't the mantra of a detective, "Never assume!"?). We all know there are some police departments where the rules, prevailing culture, and/or corruption, would lead otherwise presumably sentient police reps saying "We have not ruled out a suicide pact at this point", or something similarly dumb.

I’m wondering if the dog is actually alive? If so wouldn’t the mom know who it was given to? Maybe the dog was the first one hung from the rafters?
I have not read that the mom doesn't know where the dog is, simply that it was given away. But you are right. You would think the cops would know exactly where the dog is...who she gave it too and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305