TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't kill over marijuana, well at least not very often I wouldn't think. Could be gang initiation.

DBM
Thank you. So we only have his word on it. Wonder how much was in it, if there was another 12lbs inside. You don't drive 4 hours for an ounce :) MOO. And i'm sure it won't be found full of whatever was in there.
If i’m Remembering correctly from last night. Lousiana Sherif called DPD after a tip that these 3 were going to rob a dealer (JB). Could it be that they just didn’t want to attempt to rob a local dealer? Much easier for a local dealer to come after them and find them. During testimony JB didn’t come across as some dangerous mafia hit man. I can see 3 guys with guns driving 4 hours if it meant an easy steal. MOO

People don't kill over marijuana, well at least not very often I wouldn't think. Could be gang initiation.

There are considerable more details in the search warrants for the suspects.

More specifically -- J Mitchell's warrant details at least two Louisiana witnesses (names redacted-- including father of a suspect) that provided that trio traveled to Dallas, with plan to rob JB.

Suspect told a Louisiana witness that JB was allegedly shot during struggle/altercation with suspect. I'm more inclined to believe shots fired during planned robbery than gang initiation.

MOO

Links to warrants posted upthread

DBM

If i’m Remembering correctly from last night. Lousiana Sherif called DPD after a tip that these 3 were going to rob a dealer (JB). Could it be that they just didn’t want to attempt to rob a local dealer? Much easier for a local dealer to come after them and find them. During testimony JB didn’t come across as some dangerous mafia hit man. I can see 3 guys with guns driving 4 hours if it meant an easy steal. MOO
Not random, IMO. It is controlled access at Atera. I know being gated isn't perfect but Atera doesn't seem the kind of place people are driving thru looking to rob a dealer. However JB came across at trial is not who he really was. I'm sure he had some redeeming qualities but trouble's been his main companion for a while now. Seems pretty dangerous to me. Someone in Louisiana is in trouble. They were looking for reward money. Most likely an informant of some kind to have that info provided to DPD. Somebody else layin' low right now. IMO.

DBM

I want to know how they found him or got to HIM as a dealer.

I was thinking along the lines that the three from Louisiana were perhaps lower level drug dealers and were buying enough to sell. I don’t know anything about the hierarchy of drug dealing or if this could even be a possibility.

I’m wondering how much marijuana you could fit in an average sized backpack. Does anyone know? My guess is that 12 lbs would be a huge volume and wouldn’t fit. No clue.

Can someone take the time please to explain to me why anyone would travel hundreds of miles to purchase their illegal drugs from one dealer alone like JB?

Could it mean he is a much more high powered drug dealer or trafficker doing his illegal activites in vast areas of the country?

How did these three criminals even know him by name to start with as the go to guy, and how to make contact?

Could JB be much higher up on the illegal drug food chain?

TIA!

What is found on all of JBs communication devices may also open up another large investigation of it's own revealing others who were also involved in all of the illegal practices.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI is being brought in because they are the best in the world to be able to track any criminals doing crimes via any communications whether on smart phones or via the internet.

He had several places he ran didn't he in other states? If so, no doubt they are also being searched for vital evidence. Imo.

Jmho

don't feed the troll
mods will come in and clean house a.s.a.p.
It turns out this poster (can't remember the poster's name) was right and not a troll. It makes me wonder if the poster had intimate knowledge the people involved or was just a "good at guessing."

It appears that JB was a pretty substantial dealer in the Dallas area from the amount of drugs and money confiscated. I guess that the three guys that drove from LA were planning on robbing him, and the plans went awry.

I personally felt that the attorney for the Jean family just wanted to inflame a certain segment of the population because he is all about money and getting big settlements, IMO.

Not random, IMO. It is controlled access at Atera. I know being gated isn't perfect but Atera doesn't seem the kind of place people are driving thru looking to rob a dealer. However JB came across at trial is not who he really was. I'm sure he had some redeeming qualities but trouble's been his main companion for a while now. Seems pretty dangerous to me. Someone in Louisiana is in trouble. They were looking for reward money. Most likely an informant of some kind to have that info provided to DPD. Somebody else layin' low right now. IMO.
Unless I'm misreading reports and warrant, these guys already had ties to Dallas. I know I read in one of the suspects statements, he said they went to some location he didn't recognize. Wasn't it one of the suspects uncle who took him to the care facility. Or am I mis-understanding the statement? Does the uncle live in Dallas or is he one of the perps. Hard to keep track of all their stories. I welcome any clarification.

I want to know how they found him or got to HIM as a dealer.
Do you mean how did they find JB as someone who deals? I've related here that I used to live in a drug infested area. This was way before the time of social media. A few years after the crack epidemic started. They know a cousin or old friend who now lives in another city. Sometimes things get hot in one area so they go to another for a while. I lived in NC. Some guys went to NYC for their crack. Some to Atlanta. The guys doing the traveling were the so called kingpins of the neighborhood. Not really big time but big in comparison to the other guys. Guys who weren't tough enough left NYC for greener pastures. Everything goes from the top down. JB must have had more drugs than the people who were buying. Whoever JB bought from was bigger than him. IME.

It turns out this poster (can't remember the poster's name) was right and not a troll. It makes me wonder if the poster had intimate knowledge the people involved or was just a "good at guessing."

It appears that JB was a pretty substantial dealer in the Dallas area from the amount of drugs and money confiscated. I guess that the three guys that drove from LA were planning on robbing him, and the plans went awry.

I personally felt that the attorney for the Jean family just wanted to inflame a certain segment of the population because he is all about money and getting big settlements, IMO.
Some of the people the Jean family aligned themselves with are all questionable. Dominique Alexander, one that immediately comes to mind!

Can someone take the time please to explain to me why anyone would travel hundreds of miles to purchase their illegal drugs from one dealer alone like JB?

Could it mean he is a much more high powered drug dealer or trafficker doing his illegal activites in vast areas of the country?

How did these three criminals even know him by name to start with as the go to guy, and how to make contact?

Could JB be much higher up on the illegal drug food chain?

TIA!

What is found on all of JBs communication devices may also open up another large investigation of it's own revealing others who were also involved in all of the illegal practices.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI is being brought in because they are the best in the world to be able to track any criminals doing crimes via any communications whether on smart phones or via the internet.

He had several places he ran didn't he in other states? If so, no doubt they are also being searched for vital evidence. Imo.

Jmho
Hi there! I just answered this in another post. But yes, Wherever JB got his drugs from is bigger than him and JB would be bigger than the guys who killed him. IMO. (see post below)

Your comment ended up inside of the quote from me but, yeah, it is what is. No reason to sugar coat it. This is why inner city America is dangerous and its' where about 90+% of gun crime occurs and it's the reason so many deadly encounters with police occur in the inner city and with minorities, both when police are in the right and in the wrong. It's probably safer being a soldier in Afghanistan.

Until that soldier comes home :(

Curious, what post were you talking about, if you remember? I see the other post was from way back on page 1.

Research requires methodology. Science and math require methodology. Effective social change requires methodology. Selling drugs requires one to suspend rational, logical thought.
Making a cup of coffee requires methodology.
Selling drugs requires an exchange to be carried out safely for both parties.
He had apparently taken no precautions to protect himself, his killers took several.

Making a cup of coffee requires methodology.
Selling drugs requires an exchange to be carried out safely for both parties.
He had apparently taken no precautions to protect himself, his killers took several.
People who sell drugs are loose cannons. JB DID take a precaution: he had a gun. He managed to shoot someone before he was killed. If JB had been the better shot, he'd be locked up right now. It's a different world, the world of selling illegal drugs. They don't have rational thought like "Selling drugs requires an exchange to be carried out safely for both parties". They're flying by the seat of their pants, chasing fast money and whatever it can buy. If they thought rationally, they would have a real job. It's Crazytown. IME.

Unless I'm misreading reports and warrant, these guys already had ties to Dallas. I know I read in one of the suspects statements, he said they went to some location he didn't recognize. Wasn't it one of the suspects uncle who took him to the care facility. Or am I mis-understanding the statement? Does the uncle live in Dallas or is he one of the perps. Hard to keep track of all their stories. I welcome any clarification.
I don't know the answer to the first part of your question.. my own thoughts were that they were strangers in town because the first hospital they chose was not the appropriate hospital for his injuries? The uncle brought his shot nephew to the hospital and travelled up with the 2 from louisiana (warrants info)
3 perps travelled in a hired car from Louisiana to buy or sell, not sure which because we don't know what the bag contained yet- do we? One was shot, , aged 20, he was nephew of 32 yr old who took him to hospital while dropping the 5ft11" perp, called Green off 'somewhere'... that's where I left off yesterday, reading fast and wondering whether today brought any new shocks?

People who sell drugs are loose cannons. JB DID take a precaution: he had a gun. He managed to shoot someone before he was killed. If JB had been the better shot, he'd be locked up right now. It's a different world, the world of selling illegal drugs. They don't have rational thought like "Selling drugs requires an exchange to be carried out safely for both parties". They're flying by the seat of their pants, chasing fast money and whatever it can buy. If they thought rationally, they would have a real job. It's Crazytown. IME.
Do we know for sure that JB shot the guy in hospital or is that just something they are saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam