GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That braided hair, glasses, school girl innocent "look" for defendant is typical window dressing. But, it made me ill. She, the A's, and the whole lot of 'em are manipulative, self-serving "takers".

I just don't know if the jury will be sensible. I don't know if CA will ever be charged. If KM is acquitted I will feel worse than ill. I just keep thinking of DM's sons.

Sorry, I think I'm a dooms day cloud. :(
KM's look in court reminds me of Casey Anthony's - no makeup, hair pulled back, a demure shirt one size too large for her (to make her look younger and vulnerable). Contrast that with the pictures we saw of Casey in nightclubs, wearing skimpy little outfits.

I've seen this in liquor stores. I've sampled some on occasion and have never tipped (although now I probably would....never thought of it), and if a customer buys the product, they go to the liquor store cash register....they don't buy it through her. She was talking out of her butt.

yes they stand at a table and give out free samples like they do at Costco. there are no tips and there is not much activity. most people going into a liquor store are running in, getting exactly what they need, and getting out as fast as possible.

I've seen this in liquor stores. I've sampled some on occasion and have never tipped (although now I probably would....never thought of it), and if a customer buys the product, they go to the liquor store cash register....they don't buy it through her. She was talking out of her butt.
Of all places - I sampled wine at Target once! I’ve only had that happen once there. Sorry -a bit O/T. And no ...I didn’t tip the lady!

Here is the summary of my impression with regards to the Florida lawyers involved. From start, the contrasts between the Miami/Tamarac people and the Tallahassee people have been blatant.

Judge James C. Hankinson is an alumnus of The Florida State University College of Law. This Judge is a member of the Special Committee on Criminal Justice, charged with supervising tentative reforms. The Judge appears to be very competent. He tells jurors to bring an overnight bag since they will be sequestered; and, I like that initiative.

Georgia Anne Cappleman, of the Office of the State Attorney in Tallahassee, is also an alumna of The Florida State University College of Law. While the Judge appears to be competent, the State Attorney has bad manners. E.g., she scanty stood when addressing or being addressed by the Judge. At times, she makes intempestive objections. At other opportune times, she stays mute. A couple of times, the Judge said “I awaited some objections but everyone stayed quiet.”

DeCoste’ s spoken usage and court manner is encapsulated with this exchange. DeCoste: "it is the Federal Bureau of Investigation, not the Federal Bureau of Imagination, right?". The witness: “Yes.” Miami lawyering could not be better illustrated than that! And, if Charles Adelson ever get charged, expect more undesirable sparks from DeCoste’s friend, the famous David Oscar Markus! Markus is a Harvard Law School educated lawyer, famous for high-stakes criminal litigation.

The Kawass sisters relentlessly axed questions instead of asking questions. Their wardrobes are obviously in need of urgent freshen up. The endless chats of one of the sisters with the defendant Katherine Magbanua are unprofessional.

Saam Zangeneh, alumnus of the University of Miami School of Law, has twenty years plus of experience defending drug, sex and all sorts of violent crime cases ... out of court! Attorney Zangeneh brings in another Iran has his helper. Zangeneh performance in defending Sigfredo Garcia showed that Zangeneh has not argued major cases in court for a while!

Tallahassee jurors, are you going to deliver a verdict a la Casey Anthony trial?

yes they stand at a table and give out free samples like they do at Costco. there are no tips and there is not much activity. most people going into a liquor store are running in, getting exactly what they need, and getting out as fast as possible.

Yes, it is exactly like samples at Costco.

KM never really explained, in a believable way, why Donna Adelson was giving her checks. She asked CA for the “job” favor, but it was DA who supplied the checks. That’s big to me. Especially after hearing how much DA and CA hated Dan and wanted “the problem” gone.

ETA - We know Dan’s murder was a hit. And all the evidence SCREAMS that the Adelson family ordered it and paid for the hit. KM IS THE LINK to the killers. Beyond reasonable doubt. MOO

Last edited:
I don't know if it was previously mentioned, but I heard GC mention something about KM showing her chest and saying "courtesy of the professor". Is this something that is true or is this something attorneys will say to get the witness to admit something? I was curious where this information came from.

I don't know if it was previously mentioned, but I heard GC mention something about KM showing her chest and saying "courtesy of the professor". Is this something that is true or is this something attorneys will say to get the witness to admit something? I was curious where this information came from.
You're not supposed to ask a question like that unless you have a good faith basis to ask. Apparently the info came from someone who was in jail with KM, but Cappleman never put on the witness to establish the truth of it. JMO.

Me too. So curious! I’m thinking a friend or jail house friend said this.

KM never really explained, in a believable way, why Donna Adelson was giving her checks. She asked CA for the “job” favor, but it was DA who supplied the checks. That’s big to me. Especially after hearing how much DA and CA hated Dan and wanted “the problem” gone.

ETA - We know Dan’s murder was a hit. And all the evidence SCREAMS that the Adelson family ordering it and paying for the hit.

She would probably just say it was payment for being CA's personal assistant. If I recall, the checks were sequential with post dates.

Vinnie Politan just said that KM is now useless to the prosecution in any trial against the alleged masterminds because she would have no credibility because her testimony would be in conflict. I really wonder if this was the reason she was put on the stand to testify by her attorneys! There is no way for her to flip now! Her attorneys just helped to protect the alleged masterminds!

Vinnie Politan just said that KM is now useless to the prosecution in any trial against the alleged masterminds because she would have no credibility because her testimony would be in conflict. I really wonder if this was the reason she was put on the stand to testify by her attorneys! There is no way for her to flip now! Her attorneys just helped to protect the alleged masterminds!
I was wondering throughout this entire trial with all the objections and sidebars, it seemed that KM's attorneys were more protective about the A's than about her. She should have just cut her losses and plea bargained with state. Big mistake for her. Why gamble with your life when you have kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member