TX- A’lona “Halo” Williams, 3, beaten and sexual trauma, CPS too late, June 2018

Tbone144

Reaction score
This is one of three stories I read today in Houston.
Another (needs own thread?)
'Why don't you die': Mother accused of sitting on pillows on top of her baby
'Why don't you die': Mother accused of sitting on pillows on top of her baby

More info for same story:
Mother charged after allegedly trying to kill her 4-month-old

Mother charged after allegedly trying to kill her 4-month-old

(Via KHOU 11)

This story is horrible but I'm willing to give Mom the possible excuse of postpartum psychosis, her baby being 4 months old would be a prime time for this to happen to her and especially since she did not try to hide her attempt to kill the baby and acted very irrationally with the boyfriend and has stated she's remorseful. She needs inpatient psychiatric care.

The 1st case you posted though:mad::mad:, that poor Grandma!! She called CPS, took pictures ect. and couldn't save her Granddaughter. Another case of Mommy making excuses for her boyfriend until he kills her child and then she tried to cover for him.

This story came across my local news feed. Such a sad case and another in the “be careful of who you bring around your children” story. Such a precious little girl. Sleep softly sweet angel.

'It just got worse and worse' | Grandmother says 3-year-old's death is a wake-up call to CPS

‘It just got worse and worse’ | Grandmother says 3-year-old’s death is a wake-up call to CPS

(Via KHOU 11)
We SERIOUSLY need A " be careful about who you bring around your child" thread to file all these under SMH

This story is horrible but I'm willing to give Mom the possible excuse of postpartum psychosis, her baby being 4 months old would be a prime time for this to happen to her and especially since she did not try to hide her attempt to kill the baby and acted very irrationally with the boyfriend and has stated she's remorseful. She needs inpatient psychiatric care.

The 1st case you posted though:mad::mad:, that poor Grandma!! She called CPS, took pictures ect. and couldn't save her Granddaughter. Another case of Mommy making excuses for her boyfriend until he kills her child and then she tried to cover for him.

You know, I remember all too well what postpartum depression feels like. I would rock my baby and just sob for no reason, seemingly. But, NOT ONCE, NOT EVER did it enter my mind to harm my baby in any way!
That kind of behavior goes way deeper than PPD, in my humble opinion. I hope they keep the baby safe while she grows up. I do hope she never has another baby.

This story came across my local news feed. Such a sad case and another in the “be careful of who you bring around your children” story. Such a precious little girl. Sleep softly sweet angel.

'It just got worse and worse' | Grandmother says 3-year-old's death is a wake-up call to CPS

‘It just got worse and worse’ | Grandmother says 3-year-old’s death is a wake-up call to CPS

(Via KHOU 11)
I'm just so sick and heartbroken over these cases. It's an epidemic IMO and the government and legislators in conjunction with CPS and LE need to address the child abuse/death statutes in all 50 states ASAP!!

How many more innocents are going to die before things change?? :(

I don't know the answer or what to say. Only that we need to do something. Anything. What about local chapters in each state that when a person reports abuse, they can also report to a group of volunteers to help CPS and LE stay informed?

Just something off the top of my head for an example. Say I had a group of volunteers in my area, a grandparent or other could also report to the group, anonymously, not to get involved with confidential information, but maybe to give support to a grandparent. I'm choosing grandparent because they are most connected and involved, they are inside eyes that love these kids. Maybe I'm crazy and way off, but to only do something before another child dies. Can't we save just one?

Oh I agree I had postpartum depression with my 1st baby and was so scared to have it again with my 2nd that I cried when I found out I was pregnant again. I did the same thing, lots of crying for no reason and was terrified something bad would happen to my baby but I never would have harmed him. Thank goodness for a supportive family and antidepressants.

However postpartum psychosis is totally different than postpartum depression or anxiety. I have posted in a different thread that someone I knew who was a wonderful Mom and teacher killed her toddler and baby while suffering from postpartum psychosis. She spent years in a psychiatric hospital and was eventually discharged and she and her husband now advocate and fundraise for maternal mental health. That may not be the case here but her actions and the age of her baby made me think it's a possibility.

So who is Halo's Moms BF and is he sitting in Jail yet, there's not much info but this is a 3 year old child , they must not have firm evidence because his face is usually plastered everywhere as it should be

Are those two black eyes I'm seeing on a baby??? In what universe is this not a reason to swoop in and take her? When are we going to fund social services enough (and encourage mental health treatment and contraception) to - if not prevent - then reduce these crimes?

How come none of the articles mention the mother's name or BF's? Anyone know if anything is happening with this case?
I can look it up - but I have no names...

Fly High Halo!

How come none of the articles mention the mother's name or BF's? Anyone know if anything is happening with this case?
I can look it up - but I have no names...

Fly High Halo!
I tried but couldn’t find anything in MSM. You would think an arrest would happen quickly with a dead child but nothing seems to be going on with the case that I can find.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back