GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO- remember the day that Wendi’s lawyer threatened us on WS?

Did he come on here directly? I thought in some interview (maybe with ATL), he warned people in general (likely with WS in mind) to stop "defaming" Wendi. Probably an idle threat since the last thing he'd want is for opposing counsel in a defamation suit to have the right to depose WA.

Nonetheless, it did work for a while as people were a little more cautious in talking about WA. Given the revelations from this trial, people have been a little less cautious. ;)

Did he come on here directly? I thought in some interview (maybe with ATL), he warned people in general (likely with WS in mind) to stop "defaming" Wendi. Probably an idle threat since the last thing he'd want is for opposing counsel in a defamation suit to have the right to depose WA.

Nonetheless, it did work for a while as people were a little more cautious in talking about WA. Given the revelations from this trial, people have been a little less cautious. ;)

What you are referring to is correct. But the chatting was not strikingly uncivil, and was like it is currently. It was the aggressive approach that was out of proportion with “her problem” of us chatting about the case.

David Lat‏Verified account @DavidLat 4m4 minutes ago
We're back from lunch in the #DanMarkel case, with Katherine Magbanua's counsel, Christopher DeCoste, beginning his summation.

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 5m5 minutes ago
Magbanua's team starts. "The less you know the better." referring to Garcia on the wriretaps and the state's case

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 4m4 minutes ago
They’ve given you bits a pieces. They’ve tried to give you a perception of Katherine Magbanua’s involvement. Because the more evidence, the less it fits."

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 3m3 minutes ago
..."Those responsible must be brought to justice. The Adelsons," DeCoste said.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 3m3 minutes ago
"Those responsible must be brought to justice... the Adelson's."- Chris DeCoste, Katherine MAgbanua's attorney #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2m2 minutes ago
DeCoste says the state tried to force Magbanua to cooperate. "Someday there will likely be a jury in this courthouse trying to determine the fate of one or all of the Adelson's. But you're not that jury." #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1m1 minute ago
DeCoste keeps saying the investigation into his client wasn't objective. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

He’s broke living off some stripper named Shrimp. No car. KM comes to him and says I’ve got $100k to be split between us if you take care of this problem for a rich lady that is having problems with her bad bad husband. He goes to his bff King Tato, top dog of the Latin Kings and tells him he’ll split it with him. Remember Rivera was gonna be the shooter. SG came to him and said ‘I have a job for you.’ Rivera backs out. KM likely puts the pressure on SG, manipulated him further, pushed all the buttons, prob promised to get back with him like Rivera said. So SG goes and does the murder himself.

Sorry but I'm trying to catch up quickly here and have not seen the testimony -- if Rivera initially backed out why did he go with Garcia to the murder?? Was he just the driver since Garcia had no car??? they rented a car so why was Rivera with Garcia??

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 1m1 minute ago
..."They didn’t look at her to objectively investigate her," DeCoste says of his client. "They tried to build a case around her to force her to cooperate so they can get what they’re after, the Adelsons."

"Just because they lay out a dot, it doesn't mean that those people were there."- DeCoste talking about the cell tower evidence that placed the people charged in different places. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 2m2 minutes ago
LIVE NOW: Katherine Magbanua's attorney giving his closing argument in the #MarkelMurder trial. https://lawandcrime.com

EGiOG2WUwAAIcLt.jpg

Little known fact (held out of submission into evidence) that when WA threw up after her first drink in a month at the freedom party it was after:

Drinking a Bourbon Swizzle which gives you a dazzling blend of sweet and bitter tones, and only Bulleit Bourbon provides a bold and satisfying new life spirit base.

Ingredients
  • 1.3 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
  • 1 oz. lemon juice
  • 0.75 oz. simple syrup
  • 0.25 oz. ginger syrup
  • 3 mint sprigs (take off leaves, remove stems)
  • 3 dashes aromatic bitters
  • 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters

DeCoste is saying the call logs that show Magbanua calling Garcia and DeCoste don't mean anything other than she was calling her boyfriend and the father of her children. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

"On trial, we pulled a normal day, May 1, to show there was normal communication for Katherine."- DeCoste on the phone records. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

"Had the FBI walked into those nightclubs, they would've found answers. But they didn't."- DeCoste #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

DeCoste is saying that because Magbanua worked at a celebrity nightclub in Miami, it's not unheard of that she would make thousands of dollars a night. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

DeCoste says the fact that Magbanua deposited her money is the action of an innocent person getting her money from legitimate sources. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Sorry, I saw an alert that a new thread needed to be made, but forgot that I made one hours ago!

This one is still good and I deleted the #9 for now.

So for the disruption, carry on...

I'll delete my post so no confusion.

Little known fact (held out of submission into evidence) that when WA threw up after her first drink in a month at the freedom party it was after:

Drinking a Bourbon Swizzle which gives you a dazzling blend of sweet and bitter tones, and only Bulleit Bourbon provides a bold and satisfying new life spirit base.

Ingredients
  • 1.3 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
  • 1 oz. lemon juice
  • 0.75 oz. simple syrup
  • 0.25 oz. ginger syrup
  • 3 mint sprigs (take off leaves, remove stems)
  • 3 dashes aromatic bitters
  • 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters

Well well well.......

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 7m7 minutes ago
"The government gets up here trying to make a mockery of it... It's inappropriate during a murder trial." -DeCoste #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 5m5 minutes ago
The jury is actually hard to read. They're paying attention. You can tell because they're holding eye contact and sitting up straight (but I'm no body language expert). Their faces however, remain blank. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 4m4 minutes ago
"Almost like reading tea leaves, the government is trying to say this is evidence of guilt."- DeCoste #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

"In their mind, Katherine is guilty and they will only ever look at her through dirty window."- DeCoste #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Sorry but I'm trying to catch up quickly here and have not seen the testimony -- if Rivera initially backed out why did he go with Garcia to the murder?? Was he just the driver since Garcia had no car??? they rented a car so why was Rivera with Garcia??

I meant Rivera backed out of doing the murder after the first run. In between the two trips, Garcia took on the responsibility of doing the actual shooting but Rivera went along to be the driver/back up and he wanted the money of course.

CA and SG had an agreement about KM????? What in the world is he talking about?

CA can't contact SG after the bump because he doesn't know if SG is working with the police so CA uses KM as a buffer to get to SG!?? LMAO

CA and SG are working together when we have evidence that SG HATES CA, the guy his baby momma is sleeping with!!??

Did ya'll hear KM throwing SG under the bus just now with this ridiculous argument? WOW

eta: we have entered the twilight zone with defense! lol

"Hundreds and hundreds of texts. Not one thing about her being involved in this murder. Only her needing to know less." -DeCoste #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 2m2 minutes ago
..."It’s easier to hide things than it is to create them"

"I can't say why Charles Adelson did what he did. But certain things make sense. Our theory is that he and Sigfredo Garcia made an agreement. The government will say it was through Katherine Magbanua. We say it was about Katherine Magbanua."-DeCoste #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa