AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am adding this here with your mention of interviews

In this video below, at the 0:40 mark, it is said, "Search intensified on Saturday as three witnesses emerge from vehicles, one after another. Two females and a young boy..."

In the video, before getting out of a F150 truck, it shows two women with their face blurred while sitting in the driver and passenger seats.

The video may show a man at the left rear door of the truck. He may be helping the young girl out of the truck, that is shown standing with the women in the photo. Not sure if anyone got out of the back seat.

In the attached photo, it shows the women who may have emerged from the F150, now standing in front of it. If they are the witnesses who emerged one after another.

The woman on the left side in the photo, the left side of her face is blurred.
It appears to be a young girl in the photo with her head blurred too, red and white striped shirt. The woman in the tank top with her back to the camera, nothing is blurred on her.

Thanks for the video reminder. Every time I see that video I see something/hear something else. It just dawned on me, however, that those women were very likely not playing basketball. There were two dozen people on the court. I’m assuming men were playing in groups and probably serious fast pace rec games. That would explain why they didn’t see anything ...running back and forth..eye on the ball. So, we have NO information except what our child of tender years has reported. What were these women doing at the time...but more importantly, WHAT did they witness that is not being conveyed to anyone publicly. Something of relevance and importance to be a “witness”. Unless, they are witnesses to everything after the fact...are all people who were at the park then considered witnesses?

Last edited:
Dulce and her 3-year-old brother headed for the playground while her mom and an 8-year-old relative remained in the car. The 3-year-old returned in tears minutes later and pointed to a spot near the playground where he last saw his sister.

They were the only kids at the playground at the time, police previously noted. The playground is still being built, though no work was being done at the time.

A few dozen people were playing basketball on courts next to the playground. All were interviewed by police.

Sprawling N.J. park where 5-year-old Dulce Alavez went missing is tough place to search, officials say

Hi guys im the local who said he would take pics. Im sorry its not great quality. The playground is much closer than the pictures make it look from where she was parked. as youll see, some of the playground is obstructed but you can see most of it very clear from the car. hope it helps a little bit to see some perspective. I will say you can definitely see the playground from the basketball court. if you do not have your back turned. There is also no way anyone from the basketball court could see behind them buildings where she was said to have been taken.

Photo Album

Thank you so much flowoftime. Your photos are greatly appreciated and they certainly give members a much better perspective of the area.

Thanks for the video reminder. Every time I see that video I see something/hear something else. It just dawned on me, however, that those women were very likely not playing basketball. There were two dozen people on the court. I’m assuming men were playing in groups and probably serious fast pace rec games. That would explain why they didn’t see anything ...running back and forth..eye on the ball. So, we have NO information except what our child of tender years has reported. What were these women doing at the time...but more importantly, WHAT did they witness that is not being conveyed to anyone publicly. Something of relevance and importance to be a “witness”. Unless, they are witnesses to everything after the fact...are all people who were at the park then considered witnesses?
Yes, I would think anyone who was at the park would be a witness.
We have not heard anything about the last three witnesses who were interviewed or what information the FBI obtained from Dulce's father in Mexico. At this point LE has said no one has been cleared. Imo

Hi guys im the local who said he would take pics. Im sorry its not great quality. The playground is much closer than the pictures make it look from where she was parked. as youll see, some of the playground is obstructed but you can see most of it very clear from the car. hope it helps a little bit to see some perspective. I will say you can definitely see the playground from the basketball court. if you do not have your back turned. There is also no way anyone from the basketball court could see behind them buildings where she was said to have been taken.

Photo Album
Thank you for these amazing photos. So the car wasn't that far away from the playground at all. These photos were so helpful to visualize distance and what could be seen from Dulce's Mom's car.

yes for sure , between the building is the perfect spot. than he could have just lured her and took off on his way down the road i pictured imo.
Now, going by those awesome photos- what is going through my mind now is the search dog that picked up her scent for around an hour. @Trackergd told us that an hour is a long time to follow the scent. I wonder how far the dog got when he/she lost the scent.

Some folks are thinking that Dulce is in the woods inside the park somewhere. I don't know what to think myself. If only LE would clarify details, such as how far the dog picked up her scent, if they found any foot prints of Dulce and the suspect(s) where the dog continued to pick up her scent, were there any tire tracks before or near where the dog lost the scent.

Going by those photos, one can see just how easy it would be for someone to lure a child away between those buildings.

I'm curious about the witness(es) that told Dulce's mother that two men were chasing after her. I wonder what made Dulce run in the opposite direction from her mother's car- if those witnesses or witness was right- maybe they cornered her so she had to run in a different direction. If so, her foot prints and scent is possibly the reason why the dog found one and kept going for almost an hour. What's sad is, wouldn't she have screamed for help? Where is her ice cream cup and spoon?

I am sure I am not the only one who's mind is swirling, after seeing those photos.

Photo Album

Great photos! Thank you for taking the time to do this. Appreciated!

Thanks for the pictures flowoftime! That is real "boots on the ground" investigation work! It really helps me get my head into the location. I agree with others that there are a number of good spots to stay out of sight and one really good one to watch the playground.

Now, going by those awesome photos- what is going through my mind now is the search dog that picked up her scent for around an hour. @Trackergd told us that an hour is a long time to follow the scent. I wonder how far the dog got when he/she lost the scent.

Some folks are thinking that Dulce is in the woods inside the park somewhere. I don't know what to think myself. If only LE would clarify details, such as how far the dog picked up her scent, if they found any foot prints of Dulce and the suspect(s) where the dog continued to pick up her scent, were there any tire tracks before or near where the dog lost the scent.

Going by those photos, one can see just how easy it would be for someone to lure a child away between those buildings.

I'm curious about the witness(es) that told Dulce's mother that two men were chasing after her. I wonder what made Dulce run in the opposite direction from her mother's car- if those witnesses or witness was right- maybe they cornered her so she had to run in a different direction. If so, her foot prints and scent is possibly the reason why the dog found one and kept going for almost an hour. What's sad is, wouldn't she have screamed for help? Where is her ice cream cup and spoon?

I am sure I am not the only one who's mind is swirling, after seeing those photos.
What I had imagined is nothing like the reality of the photos.

I have to say that it's disturbing to me that those buildings are so close to a park. I was definitely not expecting to see what amounts to a quarter-block of homes. They're so close to each other, they might as well be attached.

If a child ran behind or on the side of those buildings, anything could happen and no one would see it.

It makes me think someone took advantage of this fact. And I think it was a stranger who was waiting for the right opportunity.

No problem guys. One thing i wanted to mention is i couldnt believe the number of little kids that looked 4-10 yrs old with absolutely no parents in sight. It made me upset knowing what just happened.
Wow, that is pretty scary, considering one of their own has just disappeared from there.
It just goes to show that it's not uncommon that parents don't watch their kids.
I would think they would be extra careful now. I sure would be.

Mother never said that two men were chasing after Dulce. Dispatcher is the one who made that claim. Whatever mother was saying on 911 call was hearsay, and dispatcher was paraphrasing mother's hearsay and adding her own details that mother didn't even say.

We don't know if any other witnesses saw the man or the red van.
We just know that the child pointed to the buildings when asked where his sister was. He described the man as waving her towards him, according to the mother.
LE has stated that the description of the man and the van came from a young child, if I remember correctly.
I'm sure they interviewed the three year old, but since he is young that may indicate that the information he provided may not be accurate.
There is really no way to know.
They interviewed 24 witnesses who were at the park, and they may have provided further details to support the description. After all, it wasn't until they tracked them down and interviewed them further that they provided the description in the Amber Alert.
However, they did emphasize that the description came from a young child, so that may indicate that he is the only one who saw the man and the vehicle.
We just don't know at this point. Imo
Well, we actually do. Per the DA, the witness to the red van story is a child of tender years, so authorities are not "married" to this story. If there were additional adult witnesses, I am sure that story would have been considered much more credible. So one witness, a child of tender years, claim to have seen her being lured into a red van, and that's it.

Well, we actually do. Per the DA, the witness to the red van story is a child of tender years, so authorities are not "married" to this story. If there were additional adult witnesses, I am sure that story would have been considered much more credible. So one witness, a child of tender years, claim to have seen her being lured into a red van, and that's it.
Yes, that's the way I understand it, but some have suggested it was a different child who provided the description of the man and the red van.
The only children that have been mentioned are the three year old and the young boy they interviewed later, but that was long after the description had been given. Imo

Mother never said that two men were chasing after Dulce. Dispatcher is the one who made that claim. Whatever mother was saying on 911 call was hearsay, and dispatcher was paraphrasing mother's hearsay and adding her own details that mother didn't even say.
Yes, police never mentioned two men chasing her. The description is only of one light-skinned hispanic male. Imo

I am conflicted as to whether she was taken away in a vehicle or walked/carried deeper into the park by someone, or for that matter did she just run on her own, deeper into the woods/water.
Anyway, thinking that she was taken deeper into the woods/water by someone, I wonder if the park checked to see if any of the trash cans normally situated along side a trail are missing. Could she have been killed, put into a trash container and put into one of the many areas of water or was she picked up on a trash pick up day. MOO MOO MOO

I just hopped over here from the Alhora thread where we experienced a wonderful outcome. I was hoping for something similar here but unfortunately not.

Thank you Flow for the pictures. I have to admit, my heart sank when I saw them. There are so many places to sit and watch and not be seen. Now I get it. I get it but it only makes me sadder to be honest. I understand why there are no visuals of this guy.

Sigh....where are you Dulce?

The saddest part of all is that this child of tender years is probably correct in what happened, but because the Mom said he was non-verbal, it's put seeds of doubt in many posters' minds. Again, LE needs to clarify these issues- the public is now probably not taking this serious as before, because details keep getting added or discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth