OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he/they had used meth which makes excites the central nervous system. Makes people aggressive, belligerent, paranoid, suspicious, angry...basically any emotion that puts your body into overdrive, is extremely heightened by meth.

He supposedly “woke up” extremely angry and took off. For whatever reason, he was mad, and could well have been paranoid and/or scared, too. When his friend followed him, he may have been mad about that.

It seems like people want this to be some crazy complicated crime, but I think what happened is that a normally quiet, calm couple came to the big city for a birthday party and got in over their heads. He got “mad”, ran off and got lost, and succumbed to the elements before his wife and friend could gather their wits enough to help him, and by the time the cops got involved it was too late to save him.

It really is the simplest explanation and there’s literally no evidence to support any other theory at this point.
Sounds like
Young Omaha Couple on Crystal Meth Lost in a Snowstorm Dies Despite 4 hours of 911 calls

I noticed the detective at the presser said intoxicated in stead of drunk.
Drugs would also explain why the friend went home and Brittany called other people to search.

It was definitely cold enough to die from exposure that night, especially if he passed out, because then he wouldn’t even have been moving to help circulation.
Can you unknowingly drug someone with meth? Like in their drink?

Can you unknowingly drug someone with meth? Like in their drink?
According to the info in the link, yes. I also suspect they may have been doing meth, or possibly his drink was doctored with it. I’m not sure why he hasn’t been found, and have always been suspicious someone moved him elsewhere.
How is methamphetamine misused?
“Snorting or oral ingestion produces euphoria—a high, but not an intense rush. Snorting produces effects within 3 to 5 minutes, and oral ingestion produces effects within 15 to 20 minutes.”

I believe he/they had used meth which makes excites the central nervous system. Makes people aggressive, belligerent, paranoid, suspicious, angry...basically any emotion that puts your body into overdrive, is extremely heightened by meth.

He supposedly “woke up” extremely angry and took off. For whatever reason, he was mad, and could well have been paranoid and/or scared, too. When his friend followed him, he may have been mad about that.

It seems like people want this to be some crazy complicated crime, but I think what happened is that a normally quiet, calm couple came to the big city for a birthday party and got in over their heads. He got “mad”, ran off and got lost, and succumbed to the elements before his wife and friend could gather their wits enough to help him, and by the time the cops got involved it was too late to save him.

It really is the simplest explanation and there’s literally no evidence to support any other theory at this point.

While Tyler may or may not have taken meth, there is no evidence or known history supporting this. So your simplest explanation is not simple at all, and I don't see the evidence to support it. No body has been found in an area where there is not a lot of places for a body to be hidden.

Whatever happened to Tyler, will likely not be simple or common, in my opinion.

There's no evidence to support your theory either. You could be right, but until he's found, we won't know.

I don’t think it was meth- he likely wouldn’t have fallen asleep in the Uber to begin with on such a powerful stimulant..
I do think drugs were involved in some capacity though.
MOO
That's a good point, seems more likely he would have been wired up doesn't it ? Unless it was in his system earlier and he had already crashed. Isn't that how meth works, up then down ?

I don’t think it was meth- he likely wouldn’t have fallen asleep in the Uber to begin with on such a powerful stimulant..
I do think drugs were involved in some capacity though.
MOO

If he was one a three-day bender and coming down after consuming booze, he would crash hard. It's possible.

I'm wondering myself if this is the situation.

I am amazed that nothing of Tyler has been found- no clothing item, no phone, wallet, nothing. Everything vanished with him. His last ping before his phone went dark was at Abbot lab. Where, from there, could he have gone on his own, without a trace?

I have so many things I want to say, but without any POI's or suspects in this case, I'm limited. All I will say is something stinks in Denmark.

If Tyler had those items on him and he vanished it stands to reason they would go missing with him. Tyler last phone ping was not at Abbot Labs. The last phone ping was from a cell tower by Costco and this is common knowledge. This is also why they searched behind Costco with cadaver dogs. What you are talking about is the walking map by google. This walking map can be altered also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dre
I personally think alcohol when I hear “intoxicated” or “inebriated”
Maybe if LE would have said “under the influence” I would think twice.
I think an officer using the word “drunk” during a PC would sound inappropriate so I’m not following that train of thought.
I also believe he sounded specifically drunk in the audio recording.
That’s not to say he wasn’t drugged or didn’t partake in something with his buddy but I’m just not thinking he was on some meth bender.. not sure where this theory is actually coming from..

I personally think alcohol when I hear “intoxicated” or “inebriated”
Maybe if LE would have said “under the influence” I would think twice.
I think an officer using the word “drunk” during a PC would sound inappropriate so I’m not following that train of thought.
I also believe he sounded specifically drunk in the audio recording.
That’s not to say he wasn’t drugged or didn’t partake in something with his buddy but I’m just not thinking he was on some meth bender.. not sure where this theory is actually coming from..
I'm Dutch, I thought intoxicated meant not just alcohol or he would have said drunk.

If Tyler had those items on him and he vanished it stands to reason they would go missing with him. Tyler last phone ping was not at Abbot Labs. The last phone ping was from a cell tower by Costco and this is common knowledge. This is also why they searched behind Costco with cadaver dogs. What you are talking about is the walking map by google. This walking map can be altered also.

To the best of my knowledge, Tyler's location would be tracked by the GPS on his smartphone (until it was turned off). The phone will also be independently pinging the closest cell phone towers, but not always the closest. So if it last pinged at the Costco tower, it doesn't mean he was particularly close to the tower. I wonder if the last phone tower ping and last GPS signals were close in time, I would assume so.

To the best of my knowledge, Tyler's location would be tracked by the GPS on his smartphone (until it was turned off). The phone will also be independently pinging the closest cell phone towers, but not always the closest. So if it last pinged at the Costco tower, it doesn't mean he was particularly close to the tower. I wonder if the last phone tower ping and last GPS signals were close in time, I would assume so.

IMO I would bet your assumptions are correct. If this is the case and Tyler's last phone call to Brittany was around 4:01 and he mentioned he could see the hotel from the woods, then he could not have been too far away. I personally believe that there is a chance he walked behind Costco and walked parallel with I-270 made a right into the woods and came out onto Stelzer, The corner Easton Way would be to his left. He would be able to see the Hilton directly across Stelzer. Crossing that road could be dangerous at night especially if someone was exiting off of I-270 and making a right onto Stelzer.

I'm Dutch, I thought intoxicated meant not just alcohol or he would have said drunk.
Like Dre said, “drunk” just isn’t as professional as saying “intoxicated” or “under the influence” “inebriated” even “impaired,” so it would be unusual for a detective to use that term during a PC.

A lot of these terms could be used interchangeably for drunk or on drugs so there’s really no way to know what he meant. IMO

All we know for sure is that they were drinking that night.

IMO I would bet your assumptions are correct. If this is the case and Tyler's last phone call to Brittany was around 4:01 and he mentioned he could see the hotel from the woods, then he could not have been too far away. I personally believe that there is a chance he walked behind Costco and walked parallel with I-270 made a right into the woods and came out onto Stelzer, The corner Easton Way would be to his left. He would be able to see the Hilton directly across Stelzer. Crossing that road could be dangerous at night especially if someone was exiting off of I-270 and making a right onto Stelzer.

I have to just say, I am absolutely horrible with directions, unless I’m looking at a map. I read all these posts about this road and that road and this intersection and that. So, unfortunately some of what’s being posted isn’t making much sense to me.
So if you’re discussing roads, etc., if you could post a map along with it would be very much appreciated. TIA

I have to just say, I am absolutely horrible with directions, unless I’m looking at a map. I read all these posts about this road and that road and this intersection and that. So, unfortunately some of what’s being posted isn’t making much sense to me.
So if you’re discussing roads, etc., if you could post a map along with it would be very much appreciated. TIA

I can post a map. I’m not sure on how to draw in it so I’ll try to explain best I can. Understand that this JMHO as they say.

I still do feel like Tyler getting hit by a drunk driver while crossing steltzer rd is a possibility. I just can't wrap my head around someone loading him into a car and taking off after they did so. But they could have. I feel like there would be cameras on that road, but then again I feel like there would be cameras at abbott labs and we haven't seen anything from those so.....aaah....this case is so frustrating! I also think if he got hit by a car hard enough to kill him there would be physical evidence like a car bumper or headlight or something left at the scene.

I wonder why at 3:53 when his phone shows he is on the corner by abbott labs, he didn't just walk towards easton town center, all the well lit buildings and streets, instead of potentially turning away from all that and walking into a swamp. Unless someone was chasing him or put him in there. I still think there is a chance that is where he will be found.

Maybe they made a side drug deal at the strip club, planned to meet someone in the parking lot by Easton and then things went south and tyler ran to get away. Just throwing out ideas.

I can post a map. I’m not sure on how to draw in it so I’ll try to explain best I can. Understand that this JMHO as they say.
It’s ok, I finally got around to looking at google maps and see what you mean, though can’t say I’m any less infused about what really happened with him and the friend that night, IYKWIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen