Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJPeony

SF Bay Area
Reaction score
"A Utah tech CEO went missing Monday night in California, officials confirmed.

Erin Valenti, of Salt Lake City, was last seen Monday afternoon in Palo Alto, California, wearing torn jeans and a white T-shirt......

She was en route from Palo Alto to San Jose, but she never returned her rental car and missed her flight home to Utah....

Valenti’s husband said nothing like this has ever happened before, and it’s very unlike her to go days without contact. Police are treating her case as a "voluntary missing persons case," and there isn't an active search by law enforcement, according to San Jose Police Sgt. Enrique Garcia. According to preliminary investigations, there does not seem to be any evidence of foul play, Garcia said...."

Utah tech CEO goes missing in California

It's not only out-of-character for her to be unreachable, but she was supposed to be given an award on Wed night at a banquet (see article). Seems odd to me that it's being treated as voluntary missing person. Not sure how that determination is made. Hope she is safe and located soon.

Attachments

• Erin Valenti missing.png
    Erin Valenti missing.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 131
OCT 11, 2019
Utah woman failed to return home from California, reported missing

71962947_10114583398065295_5239721545475031040_n.jpg
72647469_10114583398055315_5029487620799856640_n.jpg
72423179_10114583398284855_5258027477774630912_n.jpg

• EV is 5'4" tall and weighs 150 pounds.
  • Blue eyes and blonde hair.
  • Last seen wearing a white t-shirt and torn jeans.
  • She was driving a gray 2020 Nissan Murano CA license plate 8LUD641.
  • She never returned her rental car or made her return flight to Utah.
  • Her phone has been off since Monday night.
Utah tech CEO goes missing in California
  • The last time she talked to her husband on the phone was Monday night, and her phone pinged to San Jose.
  • EV will turn 34 on Oct. 16.
Palo Alto to San Jose - Google Maps

Last edited:
If the article linked below is correct and her phone pinged near Vegas Drive and Menlo Street in San Jose at 1 a.m., her phone would have traveled PAST the airport another approx. 13.5 miles/21 minutes. Google Maps

That is also assuming that she was flying out of Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Airport.

Erin Valenti missing: How Erin Valenti went missing
When on the phone with her husband Harrison, Erin said she was driving to San Jose airport - last pinged to her phone I. San Jose (around vegas/Menlo streets) at 1 am.

If the article linked below is correct and her phone pinged near Vegas Drive and Menlo Street in San Jose at 1 a.m., her phone would have traveled PAST the airport another approx. 13.5 miles/21 minutes.

That is also assuming that she was flying out of Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Airport.

Google Maps

Erin Valenti missing: How Erin Valenti went missing
When on the phone with her husband Harrison, Erin said she was driving to San Jose airport - last pinged to her phone I. San Jose (around vegas/Menlo streets) at 1 am.

Yes, that's the only airport in San Jose that would fly to SLC (I'm local). Also we don't know what flight she was scheduled for, but when I look up flights out of San Jose Airport (SJC) for this coming Monday, the LATEST departing flight options I see are around 8:30pm. So her phone pinged past the airport well after she should have been at the airport for the flight.

(Edited for latest flight times I could find)

Last edited:
Yes, that's the only airport in San Jose that would fly to SLC (I'm local). Also we don't know what flight she was scheduled for, but when I look up flights out of San Jose Airport (SJC) for this coming Monday, the LATEST departing flight option I see is American Airlines leaving at 12:42pm. So her phone pinged past the airport well after she should have been at the airport for the flight.
Thank you. I was about to look up airports and now I don't have to! :)

This does not sound good. :( MOO

Last edited:
Yes, that's the only airport in San Jose that would fly to SLC (I'm local). Also we don't know what flight she was scheduled for, but when I look up flights out of San Jose Airport (SJC) for this coming Monday, the LATEST departing flight option I see is American Airlines leaving at 12:42pm. So her phone pinged past the airport well after she should have been at the airport for the flight.
The ping was at 1:00 AM. Is the last flight really at 12:42 PM or did you mean AM?

I'm local, too. What was Erin doing in the Almaden neighborhood that evening? There's nothing but houses out there. She was either visiting someone, or she was abducted by someone who lives there, IMHO.

When I look up regular flights from SJC to SLC on Mondays, there are two regular Delta flights: 4:56-7:45 pm, and 6:45-9:33 pm.
Yes, I think it’s most reasonable to think she’d have been on one of those. The few later ones that leave connect elsewhere, which wouldn’t seem to make any sense IMO.

I wonder what time she specifically spoke to her her husband while she said she was en route to airport. I haven’t found a specific time for that yet.

I'm local, too. What was Erin doing in the Almaden neighborhood that evening? There's nothing but houses out there. She was either visiting someone, or she was abducted by someone who lives there, IMHO.
Was going to ask if there are any bars or somewhere to stop and perhaps grab a bite to eat and have a few before catching her flight, but if this is residential only, that's very concerning. I too, wonder what time she spoke with her spouse last. MOO

There is a bit of information needed for sure. I wonder what LE bases their idea that she is voluntarily missing on? They must know something we are not privy to yet. I hope they’re not assuming things like she used her phone or debit/credit card. We all know that doesn’t necessarily mean she is the one using those.

Was going to ask if there are any bars or somewhere to stop and perhaps grab a bite to eat and have a few before catching her flight, but if this is residential only, that's very concerning. I too, wonder what time she spoke with her spouse last. MOO
There would be no reason to travel that far south of the airport to grab a bite. The airport is not far from downtown SJ and numerous restaurants and clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752