GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
it just goes to show you, you're only as good as your weakest link(s). no matter how smart you are or think you are - or how rich you are. you're only as good as the subcontractors who ultimately do the job. their sloppy mistakes become your mistakes and ultimately sink you. their stupidity becomes your stupidity. you're putting your entire life and your fate in their hands. when they go down, you go down. it all traces back.

"Any time you try to do the perfect crime, you got fifty ways you can *advertiser censored** up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius... and you ain't no genius." - Teddy Lewis - "Body Heat"

Love the quote, Gordon! It’s from one of my favorite movies. Part of it was filmed in south FL.

IMO no way. KM has to flip since she is the link. And her deal, if any, won't be that sweet - not anymore. That ship sailed when she got on the stand and denied the conspiracy under oath.
but what if the real truth is LR approached CA when he found out by being SG best friend that CA hated Dan and wanted him dead. What if the real truth is that LR was the one who cut the deal for murder? I could see LR being the one who saw a way to score a big load of money and all SG wanted was to win back his woman.

but what if the real truth is LR approached CA when he found out by being SG best friend that CA hated Dan and wanted him dead. What if the real truth is that LR was the one who cut the deal for murder? I could see LR being the one who saw a way to score a big load of money and all SG wanted was to win back his woman.

KM was the link between the alleged masterminds and SG. the money spike, the code talk, the no-show job. KM is going to SG to ask for this job to be done, not LR.

I get this. I want him to be remorseful and I think that might be part of my appeal.
I don’t think he was remorseful either. Dan Markel didn’t mean anything to him, and still doesn’t. The likable parts of him where there (if you didn’t know he was a gangster and killer). For instance, he had a cool and laid back appeal and was intriguing to listen to even though he’s an uneducated man. He answered questions and was forthcoming without dodging the questions too much. He was polite to GC and even the defense attorneys even though he got a little feisty with them with all the LK questions. We liked that about him - he gave it back to them when they tried to deflect. He admitted some of his guilt in the crime, etc. And you might appreciate the fact that he went directly to his sister and ex wife and gave them the money he made off the murder to pay some of their bills, taking care of his family instead of keeping all the money for himself.

Still though. He’s not like you or me. He was born into a life of crime and that’s all he has known. Yes, it’s sad, and it’s a shame that he didn’t decide from a young age that he wanted something different and better for himself .

If Wendy hadn’t mentioned her brother “joking” about hiring a hit man (to LE and Lacasse) this case would’ve never been solved. IMO. They would’ve never known the connection to the Adelsons.

law enforcement had that one call from SG to HA. that one call connected the hitmen to the alleged masterminds. what a coincidence (sarcasm) that the hitmen happened to call the in-laws of the guy they murdered. i still wonder about why that call was made.

Gypsy and Razz, IMO, you are both correct about Katie’s looks. But CA didn’t care about her appearance, he selected her for her character, or lack thereof. One sociopath recognized another one, and he thought she would be suitable to do his dirty work. BTW, I think there were other unsavory jobs she completed for him.
She was probably an easy piece of @ss too. JMO

KM was the link between the alleged masterminds and SG. the money spike, the code talk, the no-show job. KM is going to SG to ask for this job to be done, not LR.
well my point was it could have been just as easily the other way around since the only proof we have of this is by the mouth of LR. I guess we may never know the real truth but I saw a lot of holes in the way it was laid out at trial

I watched the LR hour and a half confession of rambling about the crime. I think it was during this convo where LR tells the group that SG made a call right after the murder and said to KM " Its done" her reply according to him was " I know". Really? She knew that fast when it took 20 minutes for the paramedics to show up how in the world would KM have had this info that fast? I know bad news travels fast but not this fast people.. Noone seems to have questioned this comment. It is LR embellishing his story that KM ordered and knew about this crime. IMO its BS
If LR' s recollection is true...We know one thing for sure...The first notification came from Tallahassee before 12:30. It has also been documented a phone call was made from WA to DM at 11:42 am, 42 minutes after the murder. Is there any documentation of a call from WA to anyone or any family member between 11:42 am and 12:30pm on July 18, 2014?

If Wendy hadn’t mentioned her brother “joking” about hiring a hit man (to LE and Lacasse) this case would’ve never been solved. IMO. They would’ve never known the connection to the Adelsons.
I think they would have still drilled down on the very contentious divorce and probably figured it out. Per GC's opening statement once they knew the Prius was in the gym parking lot before the murder they cross checked phones that were using the nearby cell tower at the time and saw a call from SG to South Fla (KM) and then connected her phone number to one or more of the Adelsons. JMO.

I think they would have still drilled down on the very contentious divorce and probably figured it out. Per GC's opening statement once they knew the Prius was in the gym parking lot before the murder they cross checked phones that were using the nearby cell tower at the time and saw a call from SG to South Fla (KM) and then connected her phone number to to one or more of the Adelsons. JMO.

Yeah, they did a lot wrong. It wasn't just one thing. No neighbor, no following to the gym, and no cell phones at all....maybe they'd have gotten away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong