Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 12, 2019
Utah tech CEO Erin Valenti reportedly found dead after police say she was ‘voluntarily missing’
[...]

When asked for comments on the case Saturday evening, the department said they investigating a death in the 6500 block of Bose Lane in San Jose.

“A body was located inside a vehicle parked on the street. The Santa Clara County Coroner’s Office will determine the manner and cause of death,” according to the statement. The department declined to release the deceased’s name until they notify their next of kin.

[...]
That is very close to the intersection where her phone pinged:

upload_2019-10-12_22-17-42.png

Google Maps

So... if she parked there at midnight-ish Monday night - NO ONE on that street called the cops or their HOA for a car not moving for a couple days? Seems odd. I'd be getting impatient about a car in front of my house after 24 hours...

MOO

Ok, so that is about ONE BLOCK from the 76 gas station where I stopped today- and gave them a flier because they said they hadn't heard about a missing person o_O
Wow. This is so sad.

I knew the odds were not in her favor but I thought if there was an accident there still might be time to find her alive... :( MOO

So... if she parked there at midnight-ish Monday night - NO ONE on that street called the cops or their HOA for a car not moving for a couple days? Seems odd. I'd be getting impatient about a car in front of my house after 24 hours...

MOO

And did LE seriously not search that area where her found last pinged at all?! This is a frustrating case.

Very, very curious to see what happened here.

OCT 12, 2019
Utah tech CEO goes missing in Bay Area
The San Jose Police Department did not release the name of the victim, who was found inside a vehicle parked on the 6500 block of Bose Lane, in an area near the Almaden Library and Community Center. The Santa Clara County Coroner’s Office will identify the manner and cause of death, according to Sergeant Enrique Garcia. The name will be released after confirmation of the victim’s identity and notification next of kin.

What is somewhat surprising is that she was found in the car on this residential street and no one noticed. Not anyone that lives right there noticing a car parked for days. Postal workers didn't notice. Police on routine patrol didn't notice a vehicle. Is overnight on-street parking allowed?

MOO
It doesn't seem odd to me that no one called the local police about a car not moving for a couple of days - but - on my street, that's a normal thing. I realize it might not be normal in all places, but if it's normal there, there's no reason for anyone to be concerned. It's just sad to me to she sat there all week, waiting to be found. :(

I wonder if the family simply went to the last ping location and found her. SJPD seems to have been absent in this search. Very odd situation.
Husband said on the Help Find FB page that they'd searched the ping neighborhood yesterday and wanted help looking in more remote areas now.

It doesn't seem there was any LE help, so the family was pretty much on their own trying to figure out where to look IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike