Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Cabrero on Twitter
Statement from family/friends of missing Utah woman Erin Valenti. “Erin has been found. Please call off the search. We all greatly appreciate the effort and support people have provided. The family will release more information as they are able to.” We’ll have more @KSL5TV at 9.
EGuZI3JUEAIjf1e.jpg

10:27 PM - 12 Oct 2019

It’s one thing for a relatively brand new and subtle SUV to park in your neighborhood, it’s another for there to be a person in it for days, and ultimately deceased days later. Someone walks their dog and notices someone sleeping in a car in that type of neighborhood.

One possible and darker theory is that the body and car were placed there recently, well after actual foul play. There’s so much data on this missing person that one could’ve conveniently placed the car and body there to be discovered as the facts all fit well (near last ping but away from cameras) and would reduce investigative pressure to look for another crime scene.

You would have thought that someone would have noticed/thought it odd a strange car was out in the road for 5 days, even if she were not visible. It looks a fairly well kempt area and like it would have stuck out.

Last edited:
It’s one thing for a relatively brand new and subtle SUV to park in your neighborhood, it’s another for there to be a person in it for days, and ultimately deceased days later. Someone walks their dog and notices someone sleeping in a car in that type of neighborhood.

One possible and darker theory is that the body and car were placed there recently, well after actual foul play. There’s so much data on this missing person that one could’ve conveniently placed the car and body there to be discovered as the facts all fit well (near last ping but away from cameras) and would reduce investigative pressure to look for another crime scene.
Agreed! Walkers, joggers, dog walkers. We would notice someone “living” in a vehicle in the neighborhood.

I can't recall names offhand, but I've followed/read a handful of cases over the years where a vehicle sat either on a street or in a parking lot, with the deceased owner sitting right inside - and - gone undetected for a long period of time. I can only imagine the reasons for going undetected for so long are varied, but the sad truth is, it does happen. As tragic as this outcome was, I'm glad Erin was located as soon as she was, for her family's sake.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, so this may have already been shared about "The Matrix." It's a fairly common "meme" type of question, or "thought experiment" as one poster mentioned. If you google "are we living in the matrix" you'll find a wealth of info and opinions about the idea that WE (humans) are actually living in a computer or AI simulation.

My fear is that she ended up in a state of mind that compelled her to "test" her belief about living in a "simulation" by doing something reckless and/or dangerous in an attempt to prove/disprove her thoughts about "the matrix." IMO

ETA: Oh no, I just heard the news that she was found. . . so sad

I may be doing something wrong- is anyone else getting a blurred out image on Google street view of the 6582 Bose area?

Or is this what Google does to protect privacy of address when a crime address is reported?

Noting:
  • Records show that the San Jose Fire Department responded to a medical call at 3:56 p.m. near 6582 Bose Lane.
  • According to KRON, a family friend confirmed that Valenti’s body was located inside a parked car.

I think we could potentially have to wait a while until we figure out what happened here.

My sense is that autopsy results might be inconclusive, and a lot of questions will be answered by toxicology.

That takes time.

I can say that a car could sit directly in front of my house for a week and I would just assume the owner is visiting one of my neighbors. Now, a dead body I think I would notice.
Yes. Especially if a lot of residents park in the street. I personally wouldn’t necessarily notice a car in my current neighborhood, but in my old one I’d be peeking in the windows by the second day. A person sitting in the same position for more than a couple of hours would capture my attention though. Perhaps she was slumped down so you couldn’t see her.

So was she found in a different kind of car than the one she was reportedly driving, or is that something we don’t know yet?

OCT 12, 2019
Body of missing Utah tech CEO found in San Jose, California
[...]

San Jose police Sgt. Enrique Garcia said, via email, that police are conducting “a death investigation” after discovering a body Saturday in the back of a car in the 6500 block of Bose Lane in San Jose.

Several friends of Valenti’s confirmed that the body is Valenti and was found in the back of a car rented in her name.

[...]

Silicon Slopes/Utah Tech Council Executive Director Clint Betts described Valenti as a “force for good” in the Utah tech community.

“Erin was a such a force for good,” Betts said in a statement. “It’s hard to imagine the Silicon Slopes community without her in it. Our hearts go out to her husband and family during this unimaginable time. We are devastated.”

[...]

OCT 12, 2019
Body of missing Utah tech CEO found in San Jose, California
The body of Erin Valenti, a Utah tech entrepreneur who has been missing since Monday in the San Jose, California, area, was found on Saturday, according to sources.

San Jose police Sgt. Enrique Garcia said, via email, that police are conducting “a death investigation” after discovering a body Saturday in the back of a car in the 6500 block of Bose Lane in San Jose.

Several friends of Valenti’s confirmed that the body is Valenti and was found in the back of a car rented in her name.

Her being in the back makes a hell of a lot of sense.

If those windows were tinted, her body wouldn’t be as conspicuous as it would be in the front seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni