GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if we will get a clean thread for the penalty phase starting tomorrow? I'll go ahead and ask a Mod.... :)
just for clarification, it was not the link to the trial notes but other links on that same site, the guy looks legit my hubby just prefers I not go anywhere that is not mainstream I told him fine I stick with Neiman Marcus and Zales jewelry LOL LOL

“Legal ninja” “Legal Sicario” lmao. Took a gander on their IG pages and had a good laugh! What jokers! But I guess to a bunch of illiterate gangbangers and dope dealers these guys look like serious lawyers. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if these lawyers are unethical! And Zangeneh’s IG profile says he’s a part time comedian! You can’t make this stuff up! Smh.

These two jokers basically had it in their minds that SG was toast and they didn’t even try! They just showed up for the camera time. But my guess is these are not serious lawyers period.

Also, I noticed someone likes big big ones! Bigger than KM’s. So predictable.

Well they reference Ws and offer a different prospective to events, thanks for the link.

"FWIW, one of the better analyses of the whole trial is from Mentour Lawyer (here). Obviously there's also a large Websleuth's thread. And you can watch the entire trial on Tallahassee Democrat's Youtube Channel.

Ok, here are some points: I thought the State's focus on Wendi was a huge misstep, and led to a lot of weird dead end arguments during the trial.
Obviously meant to type PERspective.

After reading the June interview I am like OMG. SWAT should be at his door now.
poor June said CA was her dream man except for the murdering and the cheating LOL I spit coffee all over my puter screen when I read that. I feel really bad for her and all the other June's left in the wake of this monster. There is no telling what other crimes he may have committed. I pray the cops get him soon before there are even more victims. This reminds me of Leon Jacob a fellow Jewish man who ruined 4 or more women's lives and their families in some cases before he was finally put away for life in a Texas prison ( YES! Texas has the worse prison system) on a murder for hire crime. His girlfriend at the time was a vet with a stellar reputation and she was also arrested and charged with trying to hire a hitman to kill her ex-spouse. She jumped to her death after bonding out of jail. She was IMO just another one of his victims.

Here you go. It is June's audio transcript compressed file that was uploaded to PDF compressor. Com and then was small enough to upload here. Still hoping that somebody can do the same thing with Luis Rivera transcript that is out there that I still have not read.( It is on KM's legal site)

what is this site you’re referring to? Sorry, new here.

poor June said CA was her dream man except for the murdering and the cheating LOL I spit coffee all over my puter screen when I read that. I feel really bad for her and all the other June's left in the wake of this monster. There is no telling what other crimes he may have committed. I pray the cops get him soon before there are even more victims. This reminds me of Leon Jacob a fellow Jewish man who ruined 4 or more women's lives and their families in some cases before he was finally put away for life in a Texas prison ( YES! Texas has the worse prison system) on a murder for hire crime. His girlfriend at the time was a vet with a stellar reputation and she was also arrested and charged with trying to hire a hitman to kill her ex-spouse. She jumped to her death after bonding out of jail. She was IMO just another one of his victims.

Yes I think I mentioned Leon Jacob before because CA reminds me of him. He’s obviously a privileged kid who wants to be a *bad boy* so bad. The steroids and dating women who have ties to the “criminal element.” He sounds just like Leon Jacob in those wire taps. Delusional and out of his element. Unlike Jacobs, CA is being controlled by his mother. He did this to please her. That was clear to me when he was bending over backwards to comfort her on the wiretap. And I’m sure he’d never implicate her if he gets indicted. He’d take the fall all on himself. Another one of Mother Dearest’s sacrificial lambs.

what is this site you’re referring to? Sorry, new here.

Often in cases, there are files that are too large to upload here because there is a limit. There are many websites to compress Tiff files, JPEG files, and PDF files. Some of the files that we wanted to share with each other are too large, and this is a site where you upload the too large file, and then it gives you a resulting compressed file which is small enough to post the PDF within the threads on this website. Hope that helps. The website I was referring to is

Compress PDF Files Online

ETA, oh, I see now that you were referring to the legal link for case. Sorry.

I see now that somebody has already answered your question correctly.

I've spoken to several criminal defense attorneys we've worked for who handle capital murder cases (one of whom is a regular legal commentator on TV) to get their take on the prospects of a deal being cut by either or both defendants at this point. Almost all agreed that KM's refusal to take a full immunity deal when offered a few years ago is hard to understand given the extensive evidence she was facing and the fact that LR was providing direct testimony implicating her and SG. Nevertheless, one attorney said this: "Defendants sometimes do stupid things for stupid reasons. Some have 'magical thinking' that unrealistically convinces them they have a shot at acquittal so that refusing a deal allows them to avoid facing the reality of having to admit culpability in a heinous crime." Another acknowledged the obvious likelihood the Adelsons were influencing her -- much to her chagrin now. With regard to the situation as it stands today, for whatever reason, SR rolled the dice and finds himself convicted of two counts of first degree murder. Under Florida law there are only two possibilities for him now: 1) Life without parole; or, 2) Death Penalty. Before the jury convicted him he had the opportunity to cut a deal for a lesser charge and lesser sentence. We don't know if there were any negotiations so it is possible his counsel approached the prosecution and were rebuffed just as it is possible he's in the "ride or die" camp. We just won't know unless someone decides to reveal what occurred. However, right now the State has very little leverage over him except for its authority to remove the death penalty from the case and that is very likely not going to be a big motivator for SG now. The more interesting question is what is going on with KM. Her counsel knows that she's damaged her value to the prosecution by taking the stand and denying under oath being aware of any conspiracy with the Adelsons. On the other hand, SG did not take the stand so his testimony would be extremely valuable, should he decide to flip. One prominent attorney told me if he represented KM he would have been on the phone to SG's attorney as soon as he got home. If Katie has had a true change of heart and wants to cut a deal, her best shot would be to enlist SG's cooperation as a package deal. He also said that if KM seriously wished to cut a deal she could line up family and friends who would be willing to testify that she told them about the conspiracy, thus lessening the problem of her testimony at trial. The bottom line is the attorneys doubt there will be any startling developments prior to sentencing because there has been so little time and everybody has been locked into their positions for so long. Nevertheless, several of them told me that they expect intense negotiations will continue after Monday with KM and the impending case management conference for KM later this month will be important for several reasons. We should learn by then whether her attorneys are withdrawing and we'll get a new trial date. Finally, the consensus opinion was that a grand jury indictment of at least CA is almost inevitable because of the public statements of the prosecutor and the weight of public opinion now.

Thanks. This confirms what I predicted were the options for KM. If she has something more than her allocution to offer she’s still valuable in convicting CA.

As for SG, I maintain he can’t tie CA to DM’s murder bc KM never told him about CA’s involvement. SG only knew CA’s involvement after the bump and even then it wasn’t right away. Even if KM tried to get SG to kill the undercover on the behest of CA; it doesn’t prove conclusively that CA ordered the hit on DM. It just shows CA was being extorted and wanted to kill the person extorting him. So they can get him on solicitation but that’s it. He’s useless to the state on CA’s involvement in the DM hit and CA is the most indictable out of the Adelsons. Maaaaybe he could tie WA since it’s clear KM told him about that part of it. But even then it’s a long shot to getting WA.

So only am aware of the basics for this trail..that really the mom was behind it, got the son to go to his GFs ex BF to kill DM. Not sure if WA was aware during, but I really think she would know that if she complained enough to mommy that something could happen.
To me, the whole thing is pretty obvious....so why is no one in the A family charged with this crime?
How can they not link these people together? Why else would SG be following DM to his house to kill him? Can this mistrial with possible retrial be used to get KM to cooperate? I don't get it..WA hangs out with KM in bating suits and KMs ex kills WAs ex...how is that not connected?

Thanks. This confirms what I predicted were the options for KM. If she has something more than her allocution to offer she’s still valuable in convicting CA.

As for SG, I maintain he can’t tie CA to DM’s murder bc KM never told him about CA’s involvement. SG only knew CA’s involvement after the bump and even then it wasn’t right away. Even if KM tried to get SG to kill the undercover on the behest of CA; it doesn’t prove conclusively that CA ordered the hit on DM. It just shows CA was being extorted and wanted to kill the person extorting him. So they can get him on solicitation but that’s it. He’s useless to the state on CA’s involvement in the DM hit and CA is the most indictable out of the Adelsons. Maaaaybe he could tie WA since it’s clear KM told him about that part of it. But even then it’s a long shot to getting WA.

Darn, not that I don't want to see CA hang, but it's WA that is getting all my loathsome feelings. But for her Dan would still be alive and the children would still have a relationship with their father. All the children have now is the narcissistic family as an example of how to live.

Agree it could be a long shot to get Wendi unless there's evidence we are unaware of. I mean it's not like she was stupid enough to hand write checks to the woman who arranged everything.....

ETA: Regarding your theory that SG didn't know Dan Markel was Charlie's ex BIL..... Is it possible that when SG said, on the phone to Katie, "The less you know" he was being sarcastic.....because that was something she had said to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs