GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. This confirms what I predicted were the options for KM. If she has something more than her allocution to offer she’s still valuable in convicting CA.

As for SG, I maintain he can’t tie CA to DM’s murder bc KM never told him about CA’s involvement. SG only knew CA’s involvement after the bump and even then it wasn’t right away. Even if KM tried to get SG to kill the undercover on the behest of CA; it doesn’t prove conclusively that CA ordered the hit on DM. It just shows CA was being extorted and wanted to kill the person extorting him. So they can get him on solicitation but that’s it. He’s useless to the state on CA’s involvement in the DM hit and CA is the most indictable out of the Adelsons. Maaaaybe he could tie WA since it’s clear KM told him about that part of it. But even then it’s a long shot to getting WA.
Good points. However, don't you think there was considerable discussion between KM and SG once it became clear law enforcement was closing in? Shortly before her arrest it was clear that she and Charlie knew they were being watched and recorded. Charlie begins speaking in very obvious code "using terms like Pot Belly Pig" to the point that KM even blurts out finally "I don't give a *advertiser censored* about all this code *advertiser censored*." They begin talking only through WhatsApp and using landlines outside of their homes/offices. They both know how much jeopardy they are in so I cannot imagine KM and SG were not conferring given how imminent his own arrest was and it defies logic to think that, at this point, KM wouldn't discuss CA if only to make sure SG is on the same page. Furthermore, one night before the murder there are over 50 phone calls between KM and SG with calls to CA interspersed in between. She almost certainly was discussing the hit with him in some fashion and why a law professor in Tallahassee needed to be killed. Even if KM withheld CA's name during these conversations, if SG testifies that he knew Katie was conspiring with somebody, the evidence makes it very clear who that somebody was. SG would only need to confirm he knew somebody was going to pay for the hit via KM and that pretty much implicates the Adelsons because of the communications, calls and money -- there isn't anybody else but the Adelsons who could have been behind it.

If anyone can find the video of the trial where SG is heard saying "the less you know" I'll make you a really tasty brunch! :)

In my opinion, it looks like all of these defense attorneys are in cahoots to protect the wealthy white people who are paying all of the bills - at the expense of their clients - the poor brown people who are too blind and naive too see it. I hope I'm wrong. I want attorneys to be strong advocates for their clients - no matter how distasteful or guilty they may be - but I don't like dirty lawyering and conflicts of interest. It makes a mockery of the justice system and should be grounds for permanent disbarment. It's a disgrace.

Last edited:
That's a definite possibility. Good deduction!

Furthermore, weren't they "all" together that day except for the hitmen? Did she not tell him where she was going and who she was going to be with and he did some kind of snooping.....found that number? Maybe he really didn't know who the hit was for until that moment and he put it all together?

Maybe he'd seen it on Katie's phone (regular or burner?) and called the number to see who it was?
It apparently wasn't on KM's regular phone -- if it had been, it would have been brought in as evidence in the trial. JMO.

ETA: Seems I'm wrong about this -- per another poster, after the call from SG's phone to HA's phone there was a call from KM's phone to HA's phone.

Last edited:
Agree it could be a long shot to get Wendi unless there's evidence we are unaware of. I mean it's not like she was stupid enough to hand write checks to the woman who arranged everything.....

ETA: Regarding your theory that SG didn't know Dan Markel was Charlie's ex BIL..... Is it possible that when SG said, on the phone to Katie, "The less you know" he was being sarcastic.....because that was something she had said to him?

Grasping at straws and this might be a pipe-dream but maybe KM is the one who approached CA or WA as a solution to their "Dan" problem and the conspiracy grew from there to include mama and papa. If she is as wily as I think she might be, then I wouldn't put it past her to have some hard core concrete evidence stashed away to use against all the A's. Now would be the time to bring it out and save SG's life and shorten her stay with the state.

Grasping at straws and this might be a pipe-dream but maybe KM is the one who approached CA or WA as a solution to their "Dan" problem and the conspiracy grew from there to include mama and papa. If she is as wily as I think she might be, then I wouldn't put it past her to have some hard core concrete evidence stashed away to use against all the A's. Now would be the time to bring it out and save SG's life and shorten her stay with the state.

Yeah maybe she was sick of their "hobby" being "hating Danny."

Gypsy and Razz, IMO, you are both correct about Katie’s looks. But CA didn’t care about her appearance, he selected her for her character, or lack thereof. One sociopath recognized another one, and he thought she would be suitable to do his dirty work. BTW, I think there were other unsavory jobs she completed for him.
I absolutely get that. What I don't understand is...why the jury didn't get that.

In my opinion, it looks like all of these defense attorneys are in cahoots to protect the wealthy white people who are paying all of the bills - at the expense of their clients - the poor brown people who are too blind and naive too see it. I hope I'm wrong. I want attorneys to be strong advocates for their clients - no matter how distasteful or guilty they may be - but I don't like dirty lawyering and conflicts of interest. It makes a mockery of the justice system and should be grounds for permanent disbarment. It's a disgrace.
is this why SG was crying like a baby on KM announcing she would testify when he had been stoic all during the trial??

The short (seconds?) July 1 call from SG's phone to HA's phone. I'm still wondering why that happened. Does not fit the calling pattern in the case. JMO.

"Specifically on July 1, 2014, telephone tower location records show a flurry of communication between the alleged conspirators. On that date, Charlie's and Magbanua's cellular telephones were in the vicinity of Charlie's residence between 10:04 a.m. and 1:20 p.m., possibly indicating they were together.At approximately 11:47 a.m., Magbanua's telephone began attempting to contact Garcia's telephone. Over the next 52 hours, Magbanua attempted to contact Garcia approximately 48 times. At 5:05 p.m., Magbanua made contact with Garcia and they appeared to have a conversation lasting 6 minutes and 22 seconds. Approximately 9 minutes later, at 5:20 p.m., Garcia's cellular telephone, 786-372-5986, attempted to contact Harvey's cellular telephone, 954-980-9032. The cellular records indicate this call went to voicemail. There is no known reason for Garcia to call Harvey Adelson. Over the next two hours, there are several more contacts between the suspected conspirators. Magbanua's telephone attempted to contact or did contact Garcia's telephone over 30 times. Then Magbanua's telephone called Harvey's telephone at 7:43p.m., which also appeared to go to voicemail. At 7:44 p.m., Magbanua's telephone contacted Garcia's telephone with a call duration of 4 minutes and 33 seconds."

These calls from SG to HA and KM to HA are a mystery. My only guess is that evening CA gave KM HA's phone number as a "backup contact phone" and then instructed KM to give it to SG and instructed him to call it but not leave a voicemail. Possibly CA had HA's phone in his possession or simply instructed HA not to pick up those 2 calls. Both called the numbers so all parties could have each other's numbers saved in their phones. Perhaps nobody realized those calls would be registered even if they went to voicemail and were not answered. The SG to HA call was a huge break in the case - it was the first bread crumb that led from SG to the alleged masterminds.

Good points. However, don't you think there was considerable discussion between KM and SG once it became clear law enforcement was closing in? Shortly before her arrest it was clear that she and Charlie knew they were being watched and recorded. Charlie begins speaking in very obvious code "using terms like Pot Belly Pig" to the point that KM even blurts out finally "I don't give a **** about all this ******* code ****." They begin talking only through WhatsApp and using landlines outside of their homes/offices. They both know how much jeopardy they are in so I cannot imagine KM and SG were not conferring given how imminent his own arrest was and it defies logic to think that, at this point, KM wouldn't discuss CA if only to make sure SG is on the same page. Furthermore, one night before the murder there are over 50 phone calls between KM and SG with calls to CA interspersed in between. She almost certainly was discussing the hit with him in some fashion and why a law professor in Tallahassee needed to be killed. Even if KM withheld CA's name during these conversations, if SG testifies that he knew Katie was conspiring with somebody, the evidence makes it very clear who that somebody was. SG would only need to confirm he knew somebody was going to pay for the hit via KM and that pretty much implicates the Adelsons because of the communications, calls and money -- there isn't anybody else but the Adelsons who could have been behind it.

Oh SG def found out CA was behind the hit after the bump. That is clear from the argument between him and KM and his text to her saying ‘this is btwn you and your homie, you deal with it.’ That was bc he was upset to realize CA’s involvement after the fact. GC suggests this in her closing and it makes sense cause there’s no scenario where SG commits this crime for CA and accepts CA’s money!

So let’s say SG cooperates and testifies. He will have to say whatever contorted truth KM told him about the DM hit prior to the murder. Then he’s gonna say again whatever truth he learned after the bump about CA’s involvement. So he will testify that as far as he knew CA wasn’t involved and then say what he learned about CA’s involvement after the bump. There’s your reasonable doubt right there! Add to that the fact that KM lied under oath. KM is already going to be a highly suspect witness for the prosecution if she cooperates. Assuming KM doesn’t have smoking gun evidence against CA outside of her testimony, these two testifying nets exactly zero!

In the scenario above, the whole thing hinges on KM’s credibility, which is shot to hell unless she brings forth a smoking gun!

Oh SG def found out CA was behind the hit after the bump. That is clear from the argument between him and KM and his text to her saying ‘this is btwn you and your homie, you deal with it.’ That was bc he was upset to realize CA’s involvement after the fact.

So let’s say SG cooperates and testifies. He will have to say whatever contorted truth KM told him about the DM hit prior to the murder. Then he’s gonna say again whatever truth he learned after the bump about CA’s involvement. So he will testify that as far as he knew CA wasn’t involved and then say what he learned about CA’s involvement after the bump. There’s your reasonable doubt right there! Add to that the fact that KM lied under oath. KM is already going to be a highly suspect witness for the prosecution if she cooperates. Assuming KM doesn’t have smoking gun evidence against CA outside of her testimony, these two testifying nets exactly zero!

In the scenario above, the whole thing hinges on KM’s credibility, which is shot to hell unless she brings forth a smoking gun!

I really hope SG will make some kind of deal to testify, but I just am not holding my breath.

I absolutely get that. What I don't understand is...why the jury didn't get that.
one actor recognizes another actor, they are both skilled at that. Think about how a dentist has to do a good acting job when he announces it will be 58 thousand for a full set of dentures. It would take a good actor to do this to people in pain and then he drives off in his Lamborgini lol. She is of the same ilk, scamming her way in life to make up for her drunk druggie boyfriend who never consistently helps with bills. Kids are expensive, she has to act to make a quick buck.

O/t What is it with lawyers and nasty divorces in FL?
Judge claims lawyer threatened to release her intimate photos for case leverage; he alleges extortion
April 16, 2019
"Two Florida lawsuits filed last Thursday trade allegations of a threat to release a judge’s “intimate” photos and a $10 million “extortionate” demand for prelawsuit settlement.

The suits involve two South Florida law firms that have previously “butted heads,” the Daily Business Review reports.

The suit filed on behalf of West Palm Beach Circuit Judge Marni Bryson alleges a representative sent by the Conrad & Scherer law firm had threatened to release intimate photographs of Bryson in 2014 unless she acquiesced to her ex-husband’s demands in their divorce case."

Conrad & Scherer was representing the girlfriend of Bryson’s ex-husband. The suit says Bryson acquiesced to the demands and did not subpoena her ex-husband’s girlfriend.

one actor recognizes another actor, they are both skilled at that. Think about how a dentist has to do a good acting job when he announces it will be 58 thousand for a full set of dentures. It would take a good actor to do this to people in pain and then he drives off in his Lamborgini lol. She is of the same ilk, scamming her way in life to make up for her drunk druggie boyfriend who never consistently helps with bills. Kids are expensive, she has to act to make a quick buck.

Lmao @ drives off in his Lamborghini. It’s so true it hurts. Like recognizes like. CA and KM are two peas in a pod. You can tell SG is not an actor. Even on the phone with KM he seems irritable with her double-speak. He knows she’s full of crap. That’s why it’s easy to feel sorry for him. He was the perfect fall guy. Everyone is scheming except him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member