CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
upload_2019-10-13_10-18-32.jpeg
In this Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019 photo, Tonya Maslar holds an old photograph of her mother Roberta Tandarich taken before her death in 1991 in Ravenna, Ohio. Tandarich's body was found dumped at Firestone Metro Park in 1991 and has been confirmed as one of the victims of serial killer Samuel Little.
Serial killer's victim portraits could help crack cold cases | Boston.com

upload_2019-10-13_10-41-16.jpeg
Minnie Hill holds a photo of her late daughter, Rosie Hill, as she speaks to a reporter in her home on Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019 in Memphis, Tenn. Rosie Hill was found dead in Florida in 1982. In 2018, after Texas authorities began tying Samuel Little to murders around the country, Marion County, Fla., Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Michael Mongeluzzo joined police from several states who flew to a Texas prison, where Little was temporarily being held, in efforts to bring closure for their cold cases. The sheriff’s office said “Little confessed to killing Rosie Hill and dumping her body,” and even “told Sgt. Mongeluzzo that he killed Rosie because God put him on this earth to do it.”
Decades after her daughter's death, a mother gets answers

View attachment 208331
Just a thought...
Unmatched Confession: White female between 23-25 years old killed in 1996 in CA.
and
Missing Person: Claudia Tinsley, 24 years old, Toledo, OH. She was last seen getting into a blue Chevrolet outside her Baker Street home about 8:15 p.m on September 8, 1996.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Emailed Toledo PD just to have them take a look. I suppose they could contact the FBI and see what SL remembers specifically about this UID, if they deem it plausible.

It should have been noted in the article about notorious serial killer Samuel Little that a Texas Ranger elicited his confessions [“Deadliest serial killer,” News, Oct. 9].

Texas Ranger James Holland traveled to California to ask Little in prison about some cold cases. Holland gained Little’s trust, and in 48 days of interviews, during which Holland provided pizza and Dr Pepper, the killer offered details that were used to corroborate his accounts of killing dozens of women, according to Time magazine.

Holland deserves credit.
Letter: Serial killer told all to Texas Ranger

Cold cases shut as detectives grill the 'most prolific serial killer in US history'

October 17th 2019

"FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Keep him talking, don't interrupt him and, no matter what, don't ask why he killed his victims.

Those were the instructions Texas Ranger James Holland gave to the dozens of homicide detectives around the country when they got their moment with Samuel Little, hoping to solve decades-old cold cases and bring back answers to desperate families from the man the FBI identified this month as the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history....

...to get what they needed, detectives had to employ a certain amount of psychology, some of which made them uncomfortable, such as laughing along with him or putting up with his flirting....

"You have to change your attitude and you have to become his friend," Denmark said. "And you have to laugh with him and make fun of his victims sometimes, sort of like, 'Yeah, I guess at that point she deserved it.' Even though you hate saying it. You want him to think, 'These guys are pretty cool' to keep him talking."...

...As Little detailed his crimes, he showed no remorse, talked candidly, almost proudly, and seemed to be enjoying himself, detectives said.

At one point, he smiled when recalling a murder,...

Holland also told detectives not to bombard Little with questions, just be patient and let him fill in the details. If he tilts his head to the side and scratches his neck with the back of his hand, don't interrupt him; he's going back in time and reliving the crimes. When he pats his leg a certain way, pretend not to notice; he's getting aroused thinking about the killings.

"He's really big on respect," said Lubbock, Texas, Detective Brandon Price. "If he sees disrespect in the room, then sometimes that may end the interview." He added: "If you showed emotion, you're excited or get angry, then that could end the interview. We made sure to maintain a poker face."....

Knowing he had to be careful how he phrased the question to the serial killer, Mongeluzzo remarked on how Little had gotten away with so many slayings over the years, and Little offered a glimpse into his motive.

"That's when he started talking about God and how 'When God made me, he knew what I would do,'" the detective said, adding that Little believed he was doing what he was "made to do.""

Cold cases shut as detectives grill the 'most prolific serial killer in US history'

I'm a little bit confused here, the link with 1984 is throwing me off.
According to his confession he killed the (white)woman, you pictured, in 1982 and another one (a black woman) in New Orleans in 1982.

The woman in the picture you posted has green eyes and reddish hair. He could have made up all kinds of stuff, mixing up eye color, etc....but what makes you think she could be Alma O'Con?

I meant 1982, not 1984, but I can't edit the post. I know the drawing has green eyes but yes, agree that he could have forgotten / mixed up the eye color. In the drawing, her hair is colored with an orange + green + red crayon but I think the hair color ultimately looks brown. The facial features, location and age remind me of Alma.

He started murdering women in South Florida — then became the worst serial killer in US history

OCT 20, 2019

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Samuel Little, a 79-year-old man with a penchant for storytelling and drawing chalk pastel portraits in his California prison cell, was recently labeled by the FBI as the United States’ most prolific serial killer.

Over the past two years, Little has confessed to charming, beating and strangling more than 90 women between 1970 and 2005 — at least a dozen in Florida. About 50 of these murders have so far been confirmed by the FBI and local state detectives, but nine still are unsolved in southern and central Florida.

[...]

In a collection of videos recently released by the FBI, Little smiles while telling detailed and whimsical tales confessing to murdering women in Florida and other states including Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky and Nevada. By his own admission, his decadeslong reign of terror stretched all across the country.

But according to the FBI and Little, he cut his teeth in the business of murder in South Florida.

THE FIRST KILL

MAPPING OUT THE VICTIMS

FLORIDA DETECTIVES JOIN IN

UNSOLVED CASES REMAIN

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/he-started-murdering-women-in-south-florida-—-then-became-the-worst-serial-killer-in-us-history/ar-AAIRFMB?li=BBnb7Kz

10/20/19

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Samuel Little, a 79-year-old man with a penchant for storytelling and drawing chalk pastel portraits in his California prison cell, was recently labeled by the FBI as the United States’ most prolific serial killer.

Over the past two years, Little has confessed to charming, beating and strangling more than 90 women between 1970 and 2005 — at least a dozen in Florida. About 50 of these murders have so far been confirmed by the FBI and local state detectives, but nine still are unsolved in southern and central Florida.

[...]

Their bodies were found half-buried in wooded areas alongside highways or stuffed into dumpsters. Without the technology to perform DNA analysis, their deaths often were wrongly attributed as accidental or the result of drug overdoses.

In a collection of videos recently released by the FBI, Little smiles while telling detailed and whimsical tales confessing to murdering women in Florida and other states including Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky and Nevada. By his own admission, his decadeslong reign of terror stretched all across the country.

But according to the FBI and Little, he cut his teeth in the business of murder in South Florida.

THE FIRST KILL

[...]

Little recently confessed to the FBI that [Mary] Brosley was his very first kill.

Brosley’s decomposing body was found 23 days later. Like many of Little’s victims, authorities were unable to identify the body and the autopsy report listed the manner of death as unclassified, according to the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back