GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I was thinking the same thing, they had to all know, it was a plan. The one thing that keeps nagging at me is the fact he dropped off the kids so they were in his custody when it happened. I know they were in school but still, I cannot imagine a mother asking a couple of gansta hitmen to come to my house and whack my latex spouse when my kids were anywhere near there. What if SG saw his only chance and pulled the trigger with those poor boys there in the back seat? This is the only thing that makes me feel like WA didn't know about the hit. I dunno. In one interview LR said he was not going to kill no mens with kids or over some kids, something to that effect but hey here we are at trial and he is admitting he did it or was just the ride along for company. 35K to just ride along and keep the real killer company, That sounds so shady and fake. BTW, I know he has a personality but remember this guy would cut your throat or your momma's throat in a New York minute if it meant some payout. He is about as low as you can get IMO..

Yet all the times they were going to do the hit, they were following him specifically to make the hit after he had dropped off the kids m o o. It was known not to involve kids when the murder happened m o o

Last edited:
To be more specific, he asked who the lady is on the sidewalk, and Garcia tells him the identity is Wendi.

His identification of Wendi was based upon, from what he is saying that happened at that time and from what he knew, was due to what Garcia said.

In other words, in his testimony, I don't think he is stating that he knew it was windy, he was just stating that Garcia said it was Wendi.

And perhaps later, he was shown a picture (which I did not see evidence of within testimony,) that he also identified her as the lady he saw on the street.

It was referred to but I don't recall it being in Evidence.

“he was just stating that Garcia said it was Wendi”

Yes, and how did SG recognize and know it was Wendi? Had he met her before? My guess is, YES.

There’s this too:

thank you Gypsy, nothing gets past you girl lol, remember how every single piece of evidence and court filings and videos in the Caylee Anthony was public on every news channel in Florida? Why has this case not been treated in the same manner? I have to google and was disappointed many times as not a whole lot has been released publically?

I think that in the State of Florida, there is no statute of limitations for a wrongful death civil lawsuit if the manner of death is MURDER. So the Markels should be able to sue at any time - the best time being immediately after the criminal convictions of the alleged masterminds IMO.

(10) FOR INTENTIONAL TORTS RESULTING IN DEATH FROM ACTS DESCRIBED IN S. 782.04 OR S. 782.07.—Notwithstanding paragraph (4)(d), an action for wrongful death seeking damages authorized under s. 768.21 brought against a natural person for an intentional tort resulting in death from acts described in s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 may be commenced at any time. This subsection shall not be construed to require an arrest, the filing of formal criminal charges, or a conviction for a violation of s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 as a condition for filing a civil action.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Last edited:
From what I understand, the state pays the attorneys representing a DP defendant if the county where they are being tried has no DP qualified Public Defenders.
And Leon County's last DP qualified Public Defender retired right after The Gary Michael Hilton trial.
Right. I think his private attorney was not asking for attorney fees to be paid by the state. Seems private attorney only sought expert costs. That's what I took away when I looked through online court docket. I know that state will pay for attorneys fees if asked but I don't see that it was requested. Others have posted about this in this thread. JMO

Right. Her attorneys got paid, right? Or have they? Where did she expect to get $75,000 from to pay SG’s fees?

Here's one theory to think about--the Magbanua family owns a couple of properties in the Miami area. According to public property records, in 1993 KM's mom and dad paid 77k for a home that is now worth 425k. This is one avenue that could explain her ability to fund her legal team (via a home equity loan or line of credit). As a side note, one of the family's properties is located in Tamarac about a mile from the A institute. :eek:

Response to the post questionning if WA would allow the murder to happen just after dropoff of the kids. Answer: yes! you are thinking like a non-sociopath murderer mom. WA involvement in murdering the father of her sons - just that means you can't think in sane rational terms about what she would or would not do. She wanted Dan to die and that was that.

Right. I think his private attorney was not asking for attorney fees to be paid by the state. Seems private attorney only sought expert costs. That's what I took away when I looked through online court docket. I know that state will pay for attorneys fees if asked but I don't see that it was requested. Others have posted about this in this thread. JMO

Jose Baez was initially retained and hired by Casey Anthony, then she went indigent and he became court appointed atty. The court paid his fees on an agreed-upon rate.

I'm not sure the process and or end result was for these attorneys. After February at least.

The story about the original hitmen who took the money and ran came from Garcia's cellmate -

"McNair, who shared a cell with Garcia and two others, came forward in December and told investigators Garcia had talked about being hired to kill someone. Garcia said he was approached by his "baby mama," who had been asked by a woman named "Don Adelson" to kill someone for money, McNair told an investigator in a recorded interview. Garcia said the same woman had paid $50,000 to two other people, but they took the money and never followed through with the killing, McNair said. After the shooting, Garcia and Rivera received the money from Magbanua, who got the money directly from "Don," McNair said. He also told the investigator Garcia admitted he was the shooter and Rivera was the driver and didn't know about the murder plot."

'That's what we went to go kill that man for': New details emerge in FSU professor's killing
Is it a crime to take money for a hit then not complete the action? Would this be considered theft of service? LOL Now I wanna know who the other gansta's were. Geesh Wendi I thought everybody knew you don't pay till the job is done. This sounds like something she would do not Charlie, he is way too street smart for that...

Jose Baez was hired by Casey Anthony, then she went indigent and he became court appointed atty.

I'm not sure the process and or end result was for these attorneys. After February at least.
I did not see anything in the court docket about SG seeking the State to pay his attorney fees. All I saw was seeking expert costs. Maybe I missed it, but I did not see it. Someone else can post if they find it. Others have recently posted on the relevant filings.

Is it a crime to take money for a hit then not complete the action? Would this be considered theft of service? LOL Now I wanna know who the other gansta's were. Geesh Wendi I thought everybody knew you don't pay till the job is done. This sounds like something she would do not Charlie, he is way too street smart for that...

*raises hand*

Lol

A contract cannot be legally entered if it is in an illegal contract. Therefore, he could never come against somebody and sue them for non-payment on a contract that was illegal. M o o

Interesting. I did not know this information. Either way - she left SG’s attorneys high and dry, and didn’t fulfill her agreement to pay the $75,000.

Here's one theory to think about--the Magbanua family owns a couple of properties in the Miami area. According to public property records, in 1993 KM's mom and dad paid 77k for a home that is now worth 425k. This is one avenue that could explain her ability to fund her legal team (via a home equity loan or line of credit). As a side note, one of the family's properties is located in Tamarac about a mile from the A institute. :eek:[/QUOT

Kawass jumped in IMMEDIATELY after KM got arrested. KM didn't just pull her name randomly out of the Yellow Pages while she was sitting in her jail cell!!! This attorney was hand-picked by someone else way in advance of KM's arrest IMO.

“Additionally, at the time of Defendant Magbanua’s arrest on October 1, 2016, she was allowed to make a phone call to her attorney, Tara Kawass. Approximately twenty minutes after the Defendant placed the phone call to Ms. Kawass, Investigator Craig Isom received a phone call from David Markus, Charles Adelson’s attorney, requesting to be notified if an arrest warrant was signed for his client. Investigator Isom followed up with Ms. Kawass, who confirmed that she had called Mr. Markus and notified him of this Defendant’s arrest.”

So when did Wendi date the boyfriend who had the nanny who got pregant by CA —- the boyfriend who is “friends” with SZ And MP? Maybe it was through Wendi’s BF, Dave, that SG came to be represented by SZ? Just thinking out loud.

Met her personally or just saw a photo of her and remembered what she looked like. OR was mistaken completely and it was not Wendi.

I can't think of a good reason he would be shown a photo of Wendi. But I can see him recognizing her if they had met and planned this dastardly deed. IMO she was very involved in the planning of this murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee