Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney abduction: Man detained after 3-year-old taken from Birmingham birthday party

SFA:

The search for a 3-year-old girl abducted from a birthday part in Birmingham Saturday night saw a major break exactly 24 hours after her disappearance when a suspect vehicle was found and a person of interest taken into custody.

Birmingham police and Jefferson County sheriff’s deputies about 8 p.m. Sunday descended upon Woodside Condominiums on Shadowood Circle off Roebuck Parkway across from the Cathedral of the Cross. Police officials confirmed the Toyota Sequoia was recovered and the man depicted in surveillance photos released by police was taken into custody.

“I feel a little better that they got him but the search goes on because Cupcake still isn’t home,'' said her father, 27-year-old Dominic McKinney. “We’re still not stopping. I feel better that they caught him, I do, but until I see that baby, they can catch him all day. We will find her tonight.”

I am afraid LE might have a hard time preventing family from searching... thinking of my 3 year old out there alone I’d struggle to not search too.

Also what if this vehicle and POI are not the correct ones. We’ve had that happen before too.

Live from the scene where Birmingham police have taken a person of interest into custody in relation to Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney’s kidnapping.

At about 1:25 in the video the reporter says that there are people on the scene that that she has been speaking with who say they recognize the surveillance photos that were released as people who live in that neighborhood.

That, and those previous reports of the occupants of that vehicle trying to kidnap other kids would have to be false.

This appears to be a crime of opportunity.
Agree. I just don't see this as personal. That would mean that the person absolutely knew she was going to be there at that time, knew she was going to be outside, knew about the party invitation, or they stalked her to that party and what, waited all that time for a chance to grab her, over something personal?

I am afraid LE might have a hard time preventing family from searching... thinking of my 3 year old out there alone I’d struggle to not search too.

Also what if this vehicle and POI are not the correct ones. We’ve had that happen before too.
You just went where my mind has wandered- would if, this is the wrong vehicle and wrong person?

However, it does appear that the kids gave a darn good description of the vehicle, at the very least. They also managed to find images of this man at the convenient store- that makes me believe they have the right person.

Now, who was the woman with this guy? I believe the kids when they say a woman was with him. Who is she, where is she, and does she hopefully have Cupcake, safe and sound, in one of the apartments?

When LE does release the name of the suspect, I think the chances of him having no prior criminal history are precisely 0 in a gazillion.

I'm not exactly sure how many zeros are in a gazillion, but it's a lot.

If this was a first offense, I'll not only eat my hat, I'll eat Tom Brady's helmet.

JMO.

When LE does release the name of the suspect, I think the chances of him having no prior criminal history are precisely 0 in a gazillion.

I'm not exactly sure how many zeros are in a gazillion, but it's a lot.

If this was a first offense, I'll not only eat my hat, I'll eat Tom Brady's helmet.

JMO.

@MassGuy and I are going to hold you to that, you know. :p

I don't think, though, we'll have that pleasure because I think you're right.

WHERE IS CUPCAKE?

I know it's easy to question the family in these cases, but this is one of the happiest children I've ever seen featured on WS in any context. This little girl is LOVED. JMO.

Last edited:
The vehicle was discovered when condominium resident Ricardo McGhee got off work and noticed the SUV parked outside the building. He conferred with a neighbor about whether he also though it looked like the suspect vehicle released by police. Both agreed it was, and their neighbor was the man depicted in the photos released by police. "We both called 911,'' McGhee said. “It wasn’t just me.”

McGhee said they stood watch over the vehicle and police were quickly on the scene. "They drew down on us,'' he said.

Officers took the male suspect and his girlfriend, a black female, into custody. McGhee said the man has only lived there a short time. "I don’t know him personally,'' McGhee said. “But it’s bugging me because i have a child that was just born on Labor Day and he obviously was looking for a child.”

Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney abduction: Man detained after 3-year-old taken from Birmingham birthday party

Last edited:
carol robinson on Twitter
One of the residents who found the suspect vehicle in the kidnapping of Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney tells http://AL.com how he and neighbors came to call 911.
EGztvoNWwAAA38K.jpg

11:16 PM - 13 Oct 2019

[...]

The vehicle was discovered when condominium resident RMgot off work and noticed the SUV parked outside the building. He conferred with a neighbor about whether he also though it looked like the suspect vehicle released by police. Both agreed it was, and their neighbor was the man depicted in the photos released by police. "We both called 911,'' RM said. “It wasn’t just me.”

RM said they stood watch over the vehicle and police were quickly on the scene. "They drew down on us,'' he said.

Officers took the male suspect and his girlfriend, a black female, into custody. RM said the man has only lived there a short time. "I don’t know him personally,'' RM said. “But it’s bugging me because i have a child that was just born on Labor Day and he obviously was looking for a child.”

RM said he hopes the little girl is quickly found. "I just hurt for the family,'' he said.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members